*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684131-Other-Half
Rated: E · Other · Friendship · #1684131
watching life happen
I need time to think, so I take a ride down to the local beach. I'm what they call a people watcher. Although I love children, having a few of my own, my favorite to watch are the couples. Today, as I sit here, I'm watching an elderly couple, walking hand in hand down the beach. They stop only long enough to pick up shells. I can hear their laughter over the sounds of the waves crashing against shore. I take in the way they smile at eachother, and the way she lights up when he whispers into her ear. Giggling like a little school, she stops walking and pulls him to a stop in front of her, I look around me to see if anyone else has noticed them, but I seeemed to be the only one. I turn my attention back to them, and watch as she puts her hands on either side of his face, and looks at him straight in the eyes, and says something to him. I would love to be a fly on the wall, or something, just to hear what she said to him. A big luminous smile lit his face, and he leaned down and kissed her, A long,passionate, I LOVE YOU KISS. It makes me yearn for my own other half. Someone who will walk hand in hand with me down the beach. collecting sea shells, and and whispering sweet nothings in my ear. I take one last look at them, take a deep breath, and go to my car. But I leave that beach with a smile on my face.
© Copyright 2010 shannon (sassiness29 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684131-Other-Half