*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684299-Zombie-Survival-in-and-out-basic-info
Rated: ASR · Other · Action/Adventure · #1684299
Some ground rules and settings for my latest in-and-out
The year's 2029 (date just far enough for the real world not to interfere on it) when the first LearnMachine, the single biggest breakthrough in history has been invented. It is predicted to change the way humans learn, do and live, because it is the first machine to successfully load actual information upon a real human mind without external interaction (other than the helmet itself). Of course it is still in beta stage, but the fact that science has gotten this far deserves a whole page into history's book.
2030, June 24: Today's the release day of what's been the most controversial item created in the last hundred years, the LearnMachine. Not only people argue about the simplicity of learning, but there's also the fact that its background is as shady as the machine itself. Anyways, people are very excited for what looks like the solution to everyone's problems.
2030, October 20: A seemingly normal day. At 5PM, a group of hackers successfully hack into the LearnMachine database, in what looks like an attempt to steal someone's secrets. By trying to access somebody's brain, they end up erasing everybody's (that is, everybody who was wearing the helmet) memories, in a panicked last attempt to fix the damage done, they "reset" it all to it's original state, but, for unknown reasons, all the affected people suddenly start attacking and "eating" each other, and soon they are attacking normal people. It is also unknown why the creators of the LearnMachine weren't affected, but that might be just a rumor
2030, December 25: The World's African Base, currently the most powerful entity on the world, officially recognizes 5 different classes of "zombies". There are rumors of other zombies, but the ones which have been analyzed by expert scientists are the following:

-Zombie (Your everyday undead, since they no longer function as human people, their bodies are rotten and limbs are decaying. These folks are always hungry, and try to attack the helmets themselves for unknown reasons. Of course, since nobody wears them anymore, they end up eating hair, skull and brains. Oh well...)
-Fast zombies (Zombies who aren't rotten enough yet. Their limbs are still functional and this allows them to achieve speeds as fast as a human who no longer cares about anything but running is able to)
-Strong Zombies (Nobody really knows why this kind of zombies should exist, but nonetheless they do. Basically, their limbs are in such a state (not rotten enough, not functional enough) that their brains have all the limits overridden and they do feats which humans would call a miracle. Back in the day, a woman lifted a whole car to get her son out, a man could stab his eyeball with a shard of glass and leave unharmed, and a boy had the ability to see in the darkness. Nowadays, it's all about these zombies)
-Brain Zombie (It seems like some people had the helmets on for a while after zombified. The scientists prediction for this race is that the LearnMachine had an effect on the zombie which made their instincts be way more complex than a human mind could ever get. Basically, these guys have a marvelous intuition and some even know how to set traps. Better watch out for them)
-Alter Zombies (Even the top scientists in the world are dumbstruck about these zombies. They're all about brain issues, literally. Alter Zombies behave like asylum people do, with strange ways and the actions to go with them. Among this race are Mercy Zombies (who literally will risk their lives for you), Caveman Zombies (who will try to figure out how everything works... it's amazing how evolution has its way onto everything, even zombies) and Fancy Zombies (who, somehow, try to get as much money as they can. That's right, money. Bills, coins, whatever)
----------------------------------------------------
All this backstory is not necesary if you are in for a fun ride. But every once in a while, i'll make one of these appear just so the story moves on (somehow). Feel free to not care about any of the information written here, for what matters is having fun, but be ready to fend off the undead if (and when) they appear.
© Copyright 2010 BGM @ the pen (jocaypa at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684299-Zombie-Survival-in-and-out-basic-info