*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684923-The-House-With-the-Blue-Shutters
by K@t!3
Rated: E · Short Story · Drama · #1684923
A couple buy a house together. A bad history is behind it.
Jan and Phill had just made their love final with an engagement. They were two love birds who couldn't be set apart. To make their lives better from the "together forever" thing, they decided to find and settle in a cozy,nice house. Something that they can call "theirs". So, all through their town, they tried and tried to find the perfect place. They found great places, but very bad surroundings or people. About a mile past the "welcome" sign from their town, they found a house so amazing! It was a great size house with a huge front and backyard. Who knows.... they might consider kids. It was a bright white house that had a nice scenary. It was glorious and it had a really tall oak tree in the front. But, the one thing that caught their attention was the pretty blue shutters. Phill looked at his soon to be wife and saw the daze of her bright green eyes and wanted that house. "Oh Phill, it's perfect!", Jan told Phill. "Well, it looks like they sold their house to the most luckiest people.", Phill told Jan as she gave him a big smile of thanks.
A week of packing flew by, and the wonderful couple were off to their dream house. This house was a pretty big size from the inside. It has: four bedrooms, three bathrooms, a kitchen, a dining room, a living room, a basement and an attic, and a huge shielded porch out back. They had one thing on their mind though.... why hasn't anyone bought this amazing dreamhouse?
About a month later, Jan woke in the middle of the night to get a glass of water. She sat at the kitchen table in front of the large window showing the oak tree in the front yard. When she was about finished with her water, she noticed a man who looked as if he were a soldier by the oak tree standing there, watching her. After close analyzation, the man diappeared into the oak tree. Jan thought to herself and finally realized that she was still half asleep. She washed her glass and went upstairs to where she went back to sleep.
Morning arose and the happy couple awoke from their deep sleep. Jan had to go grocery shopping for the house, while Phill had to plant Jan's plants around the oak tree. As Jan departed her husband, leaving him with a soft, luscious kiss, Phill went inside to grab the mulch and flowers. When he got around the oak tree, he noticed something carved in the tree in front of him. It looked as if it were a gravestone reading:
John Macy Clemmings
Born: July 3, 1879
Died:GO AWAY!!!!!NOW BEFORE ITS TOO LATE!!!
Phill began to quiver of coldness as the message sank into the tree. He ran inside to sit on the furniture. He kept to hisself so his darling wouldn't get scared. He just was so terrified of what happened. The two remained quiet about their encounters. They both just were very talkitive, but when it came to this, they didn't want themselves looking like clowns.
The final night came upon them when the lights began to flicker. "Phill, I'm scared!", yelled Jan. " There isn't anything to worry about, sweetie. I'm here with you."he said back. After the lights flickered, things began to fall off shelves or off tables. They both now were beyond scared. A deep voice came in the room they were in yelling," Get Out!! Great Danger Comes Your Way!! Leave!!" BOOOM!!! Everything went silent. The petrified couple looked at each other in awe. Later that night, they both spilled out their encounters. The next day, they began packing and flead the area of their dreamhouse. They now were in search of a new house for their living.
A week passed by and they were in a motel that fit their budget. They turned to the news channel because that was the only channel interesting on. After the runaway lady was on, a special broadcast came on saying," This just in. A perfect house was just destroyed by horrendous fire that no one has figured out yet. But, tonight is the night a great mystery was solved. It is the body of Mr. John Clemmings. It's a very ironic night. This man died in a fire ages ago, yet tonight his body was found in a fire. Well, ladies and gentlemen you can say tonight was a great and awful night. And off to news Mickey". JAn and Phill looked at each other so weirdly. They both got a twisting knot in their stomach that they'd never ever forget in their "together forever" experience.
© Copyright 2010 K@t!3 (lilnanachick at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1684923-The-House-With-the-Blue-Shutters