*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685052-I-woke-up-and-said-why-not
Rated: 13+ · Non-fiction · Experience · #1685052
I woke up today thinking "Take it one step at a time, and enjoy it"
Today I awoke and thought to myself that I would embrace the day for what it was and just view it with my own musings of the world that is passing by me. While walking through the park beside my house in Tallaght, Dublin, I noticed an increasing amount of litter, most notably streams of old VHS tape lying around the place. I thought "what kind of people throw video tapes around like this" and after finding the original case for the vastly spread tape, I found out. The kind of people who buy "Ninja Kids" at some stage hoping it would deliver entertainment for a brief spell, while trying to drown out the realization that their investment of "Ninja Kids" would be lying in seemingly fitting surroundings of broken bottles and used condoms in the near future.

Letting my pet hatred for stupid objects being discarded in unnecessary places aside, I continued on my venture to buy cigarettes. On my way past the local school I noticed children playing a game of football in the yard. I noticed there were children of all different colours and creeds playing together. And my instant thought was "any racism that has been left with us from an angry misguided generation will disappear with this generation of children." I come from a generation and an area that seem to be more than inept in geopolitical matters, myself included in many ways. I always hear racism from people my own age and my peers. My favoruite slur was from a man I was talking with who proclaimed his hatred for "Those black Bosnian bastards." An ulcerating terms, you will agree.

With what seems like natural integration taking care of my racial awareness worries, I continued on my journey.Looking back up through the park at the beautiful mountains that overlook my local area I felt motivated, maybe it was the suns glare hanging over them and a perfect blue sky that made me think of a fantasy landscapes that exists just for me at this precious moment in time, my jealousy of the scene was reinforced when I saw the sun glint in a house on the top of the mountain, like it was acknowledging my presence from miles away. A tip of the hat from perfectly placed sunlight

I decided when I got home I would have a glass of Jameson whiskey and relax. Listening to some Nick Cave I pondered my personal situation, where I was at in my life. With good and bad conclusions I decided to just appreciate the bad things that make me stronger, while being powered by the great things in life that nobody can take away.

Letting the music steal my mind for a minute, I looked at the sky. Thinking about how that very sky and beyond is the embodiment of possibilities. Watching the sky turn purple as the sun became halved by the horizon of thousands of houses, I could see the faint twinkle of a star trying to shine through. Like a beautiful actress behind the curtain waiting for the show to start, where she will entertain us and gain her trust with her absolute presence, high and dominant above our soon to be sleeping city, like a mother cradling a tired child to sleep.

So it's in the opera of the sky that keeps me inspired, I keep looking up. If I do that, I may not have to trip up over "Ninja Kids 2" one day.
© Copyright 2010 ShamelessTruth (shamelesstruth at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685052-I-woke-up-and-said-why-not