*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685582-Under-the-Lunar-Moon
Rated: · Prose · Contest Entry · #1685582
A dream of a lost love.
  He wasn't sure where to begin looking for her.  Her name was on the tip of his toungue, but he couldn't remember it.  She was the soul mate that he had been looking for for his entire life.  Her laugh was the music of his heart.  Her hair was the smell of summer roses after the rain.  Her skin was soft and warm like the inside of fresh bread. 
  How could he have let her go?  Would he ever find her again?  Could his life be more empty?  Only her tranquil presence could calm the thunderous void that he now lived in.  There was nothing to mark the passing of time.  Her very breath was the measurement of forever, but without it, time was never ending, and standing still.
  Under the lunar moon, near the flowing stream, he first met her.  She was there to meet someone else.  But that someone never came. He was the one she spent that star filled night with. If only he could find that stream again.  If only she would return. If only he could go back and dream that dream again. 
  Each night he goes to bed hoping that she will return to him.  Under the lunar moon in a dream so long ago, that seems like yesterday, but never tomorrow.










word count 218
© Copyright 2010 Shawndra Gonzales (queenofinsane at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685582-Under-the-Lunar-Moon