*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685998-Bonded
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Novel · Other · #1685998
She fights to control it,while they search to control her.
                                                                                  Prologue



         Light, what everyone is reaching for, expecting to come after the dark. Well, everyone but me… My life revolves around darkness, the solitude of night. I thrive on it. It is my oxygen, my water…my life.

         My name is Artemis Enciendi and I was born with fire, when I came into this world my body was surrounded by a ball, sort of like a protective cover, of fire. As soon as my eyes opened it retracted back into my body, creating my fiery temper. The fire is as much a part of me as my heart is. In the next second my brother Apollo was born, he, like me, was covered in a protective covering, not of fire, but water. We are twins alike in physical appearances, aside from our height differences; we look exactly alike, with bright blue eyes and blonde hair. The one thing that separates us from the rest of society is our bond. We can see inside each other’s soul and mind. We are the only pair in our world like this… that we know of.

         Along with the fire being a part of me, I can control it. Make it appear as a protective cover as when I was born or as a weapon to destroy my enemies. Over the years my…powers have grown along with my body, thankfully they grew more than I did. Along with being more powerful I’ve grown a mighty temper, which makes my powers much more uncontrollable.

         Apollo is the exact opposite, he’s caring and his powers are easily controlled, which helps when I get out of control. He’s my guardian, keeps me in check during the day when I’m most vulnerable. The only time of day when I’m most in control is the night, as soon as the sun goes down and our world is coated in darkness I come alive, glowing amongst those who don’t.

         But now everything has changed and our world is in war. Both sides are searching for us and eventually we will not be able to hide…and I don’t want to.

© Copyright 2010 Gaelic Princess (irishgirlbri at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1685998-Bonded