*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686147-Regret
Rated: ASR · Prose · Dark · #1686147
one of few short paragraphs I randomly write
      I look down from the edge of the cliff to the plague ridden body that fell just moments ago. I cry out a sorrowful plea for forgiveness into the dry air. The pure heat burning my throat only added more pain to this all ready morbid still-shot in time. My body inflicted upon itself a striking pain; my mind was doing as much as it can to keep me in this place to stare at the horror down below, now covered in crimson. The shock ravaged my body into a state of paralysis, in which I must take in every detail of the treason that lies there, motionless. My mind was not able to stop my body, nor was the time able to stop my dread. An eternity of regret and a bereft feeling are too much to bear. I didn't need to look down as I jumped off, and I didn't need to close my eyes on the way down. I knew my decision, and I was happy to embrace it completely. The very last moment I had was on impact with the ground. Contorting horribly on contact, there was a split second of relief, spending the very last moment of my life with the friend I had lost.
© Copyright 2010 Kalte Himmel Bild (bayshore627 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686147-Regret