*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686627-That-Is-For-Her-Own
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Prose · Drama · #1686627
The only thing she can claim to be her own is her own poignant smile...
She smiles and laughs for everybody, she listens to their stories, she amuses them with her own. She brings smiles to sad faces, she eases the loneliness felt by almost all. She’s adored by many, she’s liked by all. She’s everyone’s best friend, she’s everybody’s girlfriend. Full of mirth, filled with life, brimming with glee. An enigma to some, a simpleton to many. They flock around her, the whole world is her audience, and she plays her role well. Oh no, the role she plays is no mere facade, she’s really all of those, she is the role she assumes. For them, for her, for him, for everybody. For the rest of the world, she is what she is. Except for herself. Out of place in her own life, lost without a role, empty on her own. Thus, in the solitude of the night, without anybody to smile for, she allowed herself to smile that poignant smile she now recognizes to be the only thing that is for her own.
© Copyright 2010 keiko259 (keiko259 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686627-That-Is-For-Her-Own