*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686951-The-Life-of-a-Los-Angeles-Girl-C1-Part2
by Apo
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1686951
The Life of a Los Angeles Girl, this is part 2 of Chapter 1.
Emily woke up lying on the hotel bed, her phone vibrating on her chest. Blinking her eyes several times she looked over to the window and saw sunshine filtering through the blinds. picking her phone up, she squinted as the brightness temporarily made it hard for her to see. She had three new text messages; one from Max, one from Daniel, and the last one by Lexi. Frowning, she clicked on Lexi's and saw a long text. "OMG!!!.....Em you will never believe this! Austin called me and asked me out! :) I said, "Yes". EHH! I'm so happy. Anyways, text me back." Reading that text made Emily's heart sink. Here she was, in God knows where, and she can't share her friends joy. She sighed and went to Daniel's text. I'm bored. Sorry it took me so long to text back. Frank called me. I miss you". :( Emily swore her heart flipped in her stomach when she read that text and she had to read it again and again, just to make sure she didn't misread it any. Emily texted Daniel back with a short and sweet text and then went to Max's text. Something about her thinking his name and reading his text made her heart go in her throat. Am I falling for him? Sure he's a pretty hot guy and if he asked me out, would I be able to dump Daniel for him? she thought. Emily groaned at that thought. No way she could dump Daniel. Rolling over, she pounded the pillow and rolled back over. Emily sighed and finally got up. "I might as well get ready, she mumbled.



Shuffling through her suit case, Emily pulled out a mini skirt, and a black, low v-cut tank top. Going to the bathroom, she brushed her teeth and put on black eye liner. Getting a barrett, she pulled her bangs back and clipped them in place. Taking off her pajama's, she changed into her clothing and walked back out. Grabbing her phone, she dialed her moms number and found out they were in the foyer room. She grabbed her room key and walked out of the room. Feeling her phone vibrate, she looked down and saw it was a text from Daniel. "Hey baby. You took a while to text me back. What happened"? Bossy much? Emily walked to the elevator and had a flash back of last night. Pressing the down button, she looked down at her phone and texted him back saying, "Sorry! I fell asleep". The elevator door binged and opened up. Stepping into the elevator, she encountered the sound of the very boring elevator music. Pressing the first floor button, the elevator door was closing when a hand grabbed it and pushed it back and there stood Max. He was dressed in a blue polo shirt that was a size to big, white pants that were once again below his knees, the black Ecko Unlimited shoes, and a white flat-billed hat.



"Hey", he said.



"Hey", Emily said back.



"So you heading to the foyer"? he asked.



"Yeah", she said.



"Cool. I heard they have an awesome breakfast. Are you eating by yourself"? he said.



"Really? I hope they do have a good breakfast and no, I'm meeting my parents down there", Emily replied.



"Oh. That's cool", Max said, sounding hurt and looking at his shoes.



The elevator binged, telling them that they had arrived onto the first floor. Emily left first, followed by Max. They chatted until they turned the corner and were in the foyer, where the hotel was hosting its breakfast. Max split, and left Emily walking alone. She walked over to where the breakfast table was, grabbed some orange juice, a biscuit, and a small thing of jelly. She walked over to where her parents where at and she sat down beside them. "Did you sleep good honey"? her mom asked. "Yeah, I slept fine", she replied back. Her mom nodded her head, the straight brunette hair pulled back in a pony tail. She looked over at her dad, his blonde hair, starting to show grey's. She snickered at that, and drank her juice. Sneaking a peak over to the far end, she saw Max sitting with a couple. She returned her gaze back to her parents and finished off her biscuit and gulped down some orange juice. "I'm heading back to the room", Emily said, standing up. She walked over to the trash can and dumped the plate in there. Turning, she walked to the elevator and pressed the up button. Apparently the elevator was already there, because it opened quickly and she stepped in to the elevator. The door closing, she pressed the third floor button and listened to the elevator music as she rode up.



Walking into the room, Emily looked around and walked over to the window and pulled the blinds to the side. She realized that behind the blinds was a sliding glass door, with a balcony. She unlocked the door and slid it open. Stepping outside, she found a black metal chair and sat in it. She folded her hands in her lap and watched people filter out of the resteraunt beside the hotel.



Emily felt her phone vibrate and looked at it, seeing it was a text from Max, she viewed it. "Hey. I'm with your parents in the elevator. You're dad is staring at me". Emily let out a giggle and texted him back saying, "Wow. He's probably trying to figure you out". She sent the text and jumped at the sound of the room door slamming shut. "Emily"? her mom called. Emily stood up and walked to the sliding glass door and opened it. Stepping back inside, she looked at her mom. "Were leaving now", her dad said. Emily nodded and went into the bathroom and collected all of her stuff. Walking back out of the bathroom, she dumped her stuff into the suitcase and zipped it back up. Pulling the handle out, she picked it up off the ground and set it back on its wheels. Opening the door, Emily walked out of her room, and down to the elevator, with her suitcase and parents close on her hills.



Emily climbed into the leather back seat of the Escalade and sighed. Leaning her head against the seat, Emily closed her eyes. She was already tired of traveling. Emily felt the car back up and then turn, and go forward. It then turned a few times before she felt it go straight again. Opening her eyes, Emily leaned forward and got her iTouch out of her purse and turned it on. Going to a song she wanted to listen to, she leaned her back and rolled her shoulders, and closed her eyes. Now this is relaxation.





Emily woke up when she felt the car do a sharp turn. What in the.... Looking out the tinted window, she saw that they were turning into a Cracker Barrel. She looked out the other windows and saw no other restaurants. She scowled and winced when her head banged against the window as her dad swerved the black escalade into the parking space. Rubbing the back of her head, Emily put on a pair of black Crotes sunglasses and climbed out of the car. Slamming the door shut, she crossed the parking lot with her parents and walked into Cracker Barrel. The first thing she saw, was that the place had a store in it! She just took one look at the store and giggled, it was just some cheap old stuff that tourist would buy. They walked straight through the shop and into the restaurant part. A waitress led them to a table and all three of them sat down.Emily took the menu and looked through it. She curled her upper lip in disgust and ordered a salad and glass of water. The waitress came back and Emily got a good look at what the woman's name tag said: Joy. The lady took their order and soon left. The family didn't talk none until the waitress brought the food out. As they ate, her father broke the silence. "Emily, I want to talk about the school you're going to be attending. It's pretty big, bigger than Woodward High, but don't worry. You're a pretty, friendly girl, so you'll make more friends. I moved to the best part of Los Angeles, because I heard that the school there is nice", he said. Emily looked at him and nodded, as she continued to eat her salad. Like she cared what the school looked like, all she knew was that she was going to take the school by storm, and become what she used to be at Woodward High, but maybe even better. At the thought of that, Emily smiled, and that seemed to please her father enough.



Finished with their food, her mom left a tab, and they went to the cashier and paid. Emily left the restaurant and walked to the Escalade where she waited for her parents. There she texted Lexi, knowing well that her friend was in school, but they all texted in school. It was how they knew everything that went on in the other classrooms, before it even hit the halls.



Climbing into the Escalade, Emily flipped off her shoes, and pulled out a Teen Magazine in her bag. She flipped through it and read a few articles before tossing it to the side. "Mom, I need a new hair cut so whenever we get to Los Angeles, we need to find me a hair salon", she said. She also needed new clothes, but that would be later on in the future. Emily turned sideways & stretched her feet across the leather seats. She began to twirl her blond hair, the long strands slick and smooth between her fingers. I could get highlights too.



***********



[not finished]



© Copyright 2010 Apo (deerhunter at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1686951-The-Life-of-a-Los-Angeles-Girl-C1-Part2