*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687016-Senior-Year
Rated: 18+ · Chapter · Romance/Love · #1687016
3 friends out to make their senior year eventful how will it turn out?
Hi, I’m Hannah John. I am 17 and a senior at Ocean Shore Academy. Ocean Shore Academy used to be an all girls school, but just last year they decided to combine it with Atlantic Coast Academy, the all boys school. I really could care less about all the boys coming over. It is a totally different story with my two best friends Jordyn Leslie and Keyli McCardle. I have been best friend with Keyli since 4th grade when I moved here and had been best friends with Jordyn since our freshman year.


Keyli is the more bohemian free spirit of the two; she is always up for a shopping trip to the local thrift store or Salvation Army. She is 5”5’ and has long blonde hair, bright blue eyes and an amazing smile. She could easily have any guy she wants but hasn’t had a serious relationship since the summer before junior year. Her family is very well off and prestigious in our community. They have given their children every opportunity possible but only her younger sister Ally has taken advantage of the fact. Ever seen Mean Girls with Lindsay Lohan? Yeah well Ally is becoming the next Regina George. Keyli has strongly fought with her parents about money and refuses to buy outlandish things and prefers to make her own clothing.


Now Jordyn, well Jordyn is a tough one to crack. Not many people understand Jordyn; she is a little rough around the edges but a great person. She is like a coconut, hard to crack but soft and sweet. Jordyn is also more of a grunge/rocker type of girl. She has an unhealthy addiction to Kurt Cobain and all things Nirvana. She has somewhat short dirty blonde hair. Jordyn pretends to be a tough girl but she loves her little brothers and all of her friends. Some people think Jordyn is a slut but Keyli and I know the truth. She has only been with one guy and they just broke up for the final time this summer. Jordyn is boy crazy though and it should be interesting to see how this year plays out.


Me? Well I’m Hannah George. There really isn’t a better way to describe me than just average. Never had a boyfriend before despite my friends numerous attempts but I am perfectly fine with that. Just give me some old classic rock music a good book and my dog, Layla, and that makes my version of the perfect day.


Well we start out our story with me waiting for Keyli and her twin bro, Kyle to come and pick me up for school. Keyli has the cutest little blue Prius. We named it Linda for Paul McCartney’s late wife. How Jordyn is with Nirvana and Kurt that’s how Keyli is with Paul and the Beatles. I was a little more nervous about getting in the car than normal today because Kyle was going to be there. Kyle is Keyli’s twin brother. I have had a crush on him since we started high school. I don’t know how I am gonna handle it now seeing him every morning and after school AND in the halls!! I was wearing a black shirt with a big purple peace sign on it and just jeans and my normal shoe choice, black Converses. I was sitting on my porch reading the latest issue of Rolling Stone. I heard Keyli pull up with Kyle and another guy I didn’t recognize. I got up and ran to the door and gave Keyli a big hug.


“Are you ready for our last year in this hell hole?!” Keyli said with her 100 watt smile.

“I don’t think O.S.A is exactly a hell hole.” I replied as she rolled her eyes.

“Hey smart ass, get in the car. Oh by the way this is Ryan, he is Kyle’s friend that lives down the road.”
I smiled and said hi to both. Ryan acknowledged me but Kyle didn’t move and my smile faltered. I think Ryan noticed cuz he hit the back of Kyle’s seat.

“Yo! Stoner, Hannah said hi don’t be an ass hole.”

“Oh sorry, Hannah. How was your summer?” he smiled to me. My breath hitched as I saw his baby blue eyes twinkle.

“um, uh it was good. Spent most of it with my sister in California so that was cool. I tried to get a little tan, not sure if it worked though.” I said looking down as soon as I realized I was rambling.

“Yeah, I noticed something was different about you. It is a good different though.”

“EW!! Yo bro! That’s my best friend you’re talking to. Can you please not flirt with her in front of me?” Keyli said sounded grossed out.

After that Keyli reversed out of my drive way and headed to Ocean Shore Academy. Most of the car ride was in silence; both the boys had their ear phones in listening to some form of music.

“Soo Hannah Banana how was your summer? We didn’t talk that much.” Keyli asked.

“Oh, it was good. Spent most of it babysitting Brian and Jenny. They turned 2 in July.”

“Aw, I haven’t seen them since last Christmas! Are they coming over to your house again this year?”

“I don’t know really. I think they might stay in Cali this season for James’ family.”

“Oh ok. Any cute boys in Cali? Scratch that, I mean any cute boys for you this summer?”

“Li-Li,’ (my nickname for her. Don’t tell Jordyn, Shh) ‘you know that answer. Have I ever even flirted with a boy let alone have a summer fling?” As I got done talking I swore I saw what’s his name, oh yeah Ryan, shift a little closer. I am sorta weary of him already.

“Okay that’s true but this year is gonna be the year. We are finding my little banana a boyfriend!!” Keyli fist pumped her hands in the air like a Lance does when he wins the Arc d’triumph.

“LI-LI!!! HANDS ON THE WHEEL!!!” I screamed as we veered into the other lane.

“Oh calm down!! Have I gotten into another car accident yet?”


Keyli crashed her car last year hitting a truck. She was driving her dads Honda Accord and the car came and hit her head on. The car was totaled and they had to pry her out of the car using the Jaws of Life. We weren’t sure if she was going to make it through and we still aren’t sure how she did. It was one of the worst times of my life. Since then she is still a little scatter brained when driving but she takes every precaution, no one can get in her car or a car with her unless they wear their seat belt.



We finally made it to school and the boys grunted their thanks and left. I took a look to see what Keyli was wearing. A knee-length dress that was baby blue had two thick shoulder straps and flowed openly from below the bust. She probably made it herself. She had her long straight hair down and wore a blue ribbon around her head. You had to hand it to her, not many people would be able to pull her look off with style and without looking like a dirty hippie.



There was a running bet between our friends about how many senior superlatives Keyli is gonna win at the end of the year but Keyli doesn’t believe she will win any. She is so modest it’s ridiculous!


Keyli noticed me looking at her outfit and did a flourished spin, “Tah-dah!! You like? I made it last week. Oh I got some extra fabric and could totally make you a shirt or something if you want.” She offered.

I laughed, “No that’s ok I doubt I could pull off your look.”

“I don’t have to do my look ya know. Just tell me what you want and I will make it. Plus need to expand my forte if I wanna be a fashion designer/peace corps volunteer/teacher.” She laughed.

“Hey whores!!” we heard someone shouting from across the parking lot. We turned and saw Jordyn. She let out a squeal and started to run towards us. Keyli ran towards her and met in the middle. I hung back, not wanting to be thought of crazy, laughing at them as they collided. They saw me laughing and whispered something and very slowly made their way back.

When they were closer I heard Jordyn say “Now” and they launched themselves at me and we fell to the ground laughing.

“Hello to you too Jordyn.” I said sarcastically as I pushed them off my and got up.

“Aw come on Hannah, I haven’t seen you since June. Girl you look like you have lost weight and is that a bit of a tan I see?”

“Yeah yeah, you know Mandy and how she eats. She has no meat at her house, all organic shit so I had to lose weight. Plus her kids are soo energetic and loved going to the beach and I was at their disposal hence the tan.”

“Hannah, do you really need to speak with all the ‘hences’, ‘therefores’ and whatevers.”

I ignored her and got my bags and headed to our school to face our senior year and prayed that it would be more exciting than our last 3 years.
© Copyright 2010 Kellykat (kellykat at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687016-Senior-Year