*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687565-Hot
Rated: 13+ · Other · Relationship · #1687565
Short piece on a troubled couple
He calls this place a beach?  The pretty, young, blonde woman thought to herself.  There wasn't even any sand, just dark, crumbled rock. And that too-warm, turbulent substance that's supposed to be water is a pretty pathetic replacement for the cool Atlantic Ocean at the beach back home.  Like I'd ever swim in THAT!

“It's so hot and humid down here.  How can you sit there in black clothes?  This whole place is positively sweltering!”  The young woman glared at the handsome, dark-haired man.  She fanned herself. “It's dark out, you think it would cool off at least a few degrees!”

He glared back.  “All you ever do is complain.  The temperature is perfectly normal for this time of year, and you were the one who chose to come down to here to live with me.”

“Maybe I should go back up then!”

“Maybe you should.  You could go back and live with your perfect parents in their perfect house, which, by the way, I am sick of hearing about.”  They both knew he didn't mean it.  It just wasn't possible for her to go back to that life.

Her face was turning red.  “You know, it wouldn't destroy you to be nice once in a while!”

“It might,” he replied calmly.

“I thought you wanted me here!  I threw away everything I had to come to this godforsaken fiery pit of Hell, and now you treat me this way!  You are evil, pure EVIL!”  She was now shrieking.

He was silent.  She was right, and truth be told, he was rather proud of it.  “Thank you, dear, but what else did you expect when you fell in love with the devil?”  His red eyes gleamed.

© Copyright 2010 Ajourni (ajourni at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1687565-Hot