*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688358-Prank-Twins
Rated: E · Other · Comedy · #1688358
Holly and David Trouble are going to pull off the biggest prank their school has ever seen
Summary:
It’s the beginning of sixth grade and most kids have their heads in the books and their behavior in check. But that’s not the case for two pranksters, brother and sister who decide they’d rather flood the school than ace a test. Holly and David Trouble are twins. They’re adopted. They never knew they’re birth parents. But they were born with an unusual gift. They’re the world’s best prankers! From day one The Trouble twins attitude have landed them from state to state and it just so happens that they’re school mascot is a shark. What a perfect reason to flood a school.
This is the biggest prank they’ve ever tried to pull off and soon they start to wonder if they’ve just plunged in deep water. They’ve got to execute the mission without a soul finding out, not the teachers, or parents, and even more, not Linus, a snot-nosed tattle tale that has it in for them. But what if two kids just isn’t enough, and they have to trust an unlikely kid to get the job done. Holly and David both know it’s going to be a long shot, but everyone knows there’s only one rule to pulling a prank: don’t get caught. What could possibly go wrong? And besides, what’s the worse that could happen…when you flood a school.

“Oh come on, what’s the worst that could happen?”
         David always said that. And then something bad would happen. But Holly didn’t want to believe their plan would fail, so she tried not to. It wasn’t like her to feel…like this. That little fluttery feeling in the pit of her stomach…she guessed it was worry. She didn’t feel that a lot.
“I know,” she sighed, “but-”
David frowned, gripping his backpack tighter. “That’s your problem, Holly! No ‘buts’! You can say ‘what if’ but no ‘buts’!” He lugged his backpack over his shoulder and told Holly to unzip the small pocket. When she did, David slipped a sky blue sheet out, zipped the pocket back up, and threw his backpack with a clunk against the locker. “I’ll come back and get it later,” he said, wiping a trickle of sweat from his forehead.
“What’s the sheet?” Holly asked, crossing her arms. “Don’t tell me you’re putting a stink bomb threat in Mrs. Buckley’s room again.”
David shot her a look. “That actually worked, I’ll remind you. And no,” he unraveled the paper and Holly-her curiosity taking over-leaned over to look. There were white lines over blue paper, some scribbles around the sides of each box, square, or funny shape. David beamed with pride. “Snatched it from the principal’s office,” he boasted.
“And it is…”
“Duh! A map of the school!” David slapped two hands over his face as his shout echoed through the glassy hallways of the school. No one’s here after school, Holly thought desperately, but then she head the sound. The sound of whistling. It was a lullaby, one that sounded familiar. She knew immediately-it was just a cover. There was someone there…and they knew Holly and David were there too! The whistling grew slower and deeper and soon it was louder. It bounced off the walls and Holly could hear the clacking of feet on the glassy hallway. She could hardly contain her fear as an old man in a blue top to bottom suit came walking, a mop in hand. And he wasn’t their nice janitor, either. He was crummy. The man was glancing to the other side of the hallway and as Holly let out a gasp. The man’s head turned her way. His eyes blazed and he slipped out a flashlight. “Aha!”
But it was too late.
David had already dragged Holly into the locker with him.
Their bodies clanked against silver metal. A sliver of light filtered through the cracks.
“You’re breath stinks!” Holly hissed, pinching her nose and pretending to gag.
David pushed her to the other side of the locker and winced as her elbow landed in his ribs. She wasn’t too sweet smelling herself. But David didn’t say that aloud. Holly had this weird thing with revenge…
© Copyright 2010 Summer Day♥ (summerland at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688358-Prank-Twins