*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688989-Eternal--chapter--3
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1688989
The story now switches to Haven as she tells the event of her first feeding.
“But of the tree of the knowledge of good and evil,
Thou shalt not eat of it; for in the day that thou eatest thereof thou shall surely die.”                                                                                           
(Genesis 2:17)


Chapter III

Haven- Everything was great. People at my new school were starting to talk to me, that boy in my second period class had actually noticed me, and then it happened.
I don’t remember how or when, but what I do remember was the blood. It was everywhere, and my clothes were soaked and my hair matted with the red liquid.
I had blacked out, when I awoke I saw nothing. The time on my watch said that it was October 26 1:13am.
I was laying in something it was warm and sticky.
At first, I though I had wet myself but as my eyes adjusted, I saw the mystery substance, blood.
Had I been hurt? No, I didn’t feel any different, healthier, stronger even.
I tried to remember, but nothing came. I tried over and over and over my memory was thick and solid. It was like looking through mud, after a while of it my brain throbbed begging me to stop.
It hit me at the exact moment I had let my brain recognize pain. Like a stinging slap to the face a fire started itself in my throat. The more I thought about it the worse it got.
I opened my mouth and drew in my first breath in hours. My lungs rattled as I gasped a small breath through the endless fire in my throat. I stood on my shaky knees, and brushed the hair out of my face. I needed something to sooth the fire.
Just down over the hill was the Shayde River.
I ran to it as fast as I could, dropped to my knees and filled my hands with water. I chugged it mercilessly but no relief came.
A beam of light swept over the river and the pool of my blood, I could smell them before I saw or heard them. Their scent was enticing and it pulled me to them. I heard then talking, “Oh my god what happened here!?”
“We should call 911, hurry,” The owner of the male voice says.
I clambered up the riverbank desperately. I was in such an animalistic state that the woman screamed and ran behind the man holding the flashlight when she saw me.
They smelt so good!
“Are you all right,” He asked me.
“Thirsty,” I murmured, my voice barely a whisper.
“Excuse me,” he said, leaning a little closer to me, hidden in the darkness. “Listen, we only want to help y-.”
“Thirsty,” I said louder interrupting him, my voice cracked dryly but I could hear something different about it. Underneath the pain it was almost as I was singing, it rang and shimmered like a bell.
“Oh here,” the woman said pulling out a water bottle. “Want some?”
“It doesn’t work! We both know that’s not what I want anyway,” I said giving the woman a small smirk. My throat continued to burn on like the desert sun.
“Call 911,” He whispered to the woman. She pulled out her phone and started to dial.
“No,” I screamed and lunged for it. My nails clawed at her skin, they broke the surface.
Blood!
The wind was knocked out of my lungs when the man tackled me. I glared murderously at the fresh Chuck Berry red blood on my fingertips and on her arm.
He held me down, “Brenda run.”
“No Brenda don’t run!” I mimicked him and giggled.
I kick him off and his head smashed against a rock knocking him out. I jumped up and took off towards the woman.
I jumped on her back and my teeth sunk into the soft skin at her jugular. She screamed in pain and dropped to the ground. I clamp a hand on her mouth trying to quiet her down some, it didn’t work. The blood flowed from her neck into my mouth. It is warm, sweet, and clean.
The final heart beat sounded and her body shook in spasms.
I threw the empty body onto my back and ran back to the man. I dumped her next to him and he stirred silently.
“Morning sleepy head,” I said as he opened his eyes.
“You…..you, you monster,” he shifted and prepared to get up.
“Don’t even think about it.” I tackled him and a sharp pain ran up my spine from my side.
He looked at Brenda’s lifeless face.
“Please,” He begged, “just do it fast.”
I felt a small pang of remorse for him but it was quickly overridden by my instincts. I pierced his neck with my teeth, quickly.
The blood drained into my mouth just as before. As it ran down my throat my body grew warm, and I felt myself getting stronger, the fire died down.
I threw both empty bodies to the side and wiped the remaining blood from my face.
I grabbed my side; a knife was stuck into my hip. I grabbed the handle firmly and pulled it from my side. It made a horrible ripping, grinding sound. Surprisingly it didn’t hurt. The man must of stabbed me.
I played back his words in my head, as I stared at my bloody, shaking hands. Tears streaked down my face I collapsed to the ground.
What was I?
I stood up and ran down to the river. I dipped my hands into the water. It wasn’t cold anymore but warm.
I jumped at my reflection. Sticks and leaves were stuck in my red hair. My eyes were bright red, hypnotic, beautiful, and alluring. The scar that was on my chin since I was five had disappeared. My skin was lightly flushed but very pale. What was wrong with me?
I clutched my knees to my chest and rocked back and forth slowly. It all felt like a terrible nightmare. Did it even happen? My tears fell like raindrops to the ground.
I stood up on my shaky legs and headed into the woods.


~Intence chapter but it was vital to the story~
^^Song inspiration- Bloodlines by Slayer^^
© Copyright 2010 Raynefall615 (raynefall at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1688989-Eternal--chapter--3