*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689292-Forced
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Romance/Love · #1689292
Arranged arriages aren't always a bad thing. It just depends on who your marrying.
“Honey, I’m going out to dinner with Karen tonight,” Mrs. Jenkins said to her daughter, “I’ll be home a little late so don’t wait up, okay?” she walked over to her daughter who was sitting on the stairs watching her mom walk back and forth grabbing the things she needed, and kissed her forehead and walked next door to Karen’s who was sitting in her car honking the horn as Lilly’s mom approached the car.
Lilly’s mom and Karen were the best of friends. They met each other in college where they became roommates. They went to all the college parties together and met their future husbands together. Lilly’s dad and Karen’s husband owned their own businesses and were usually on business trips and her mom was either with Karen. So most of Lilly’s summer day’s were spent in her huge house all by herself staring at the wall or over at Karen’s house for dinner.
On a Friday night, Lilly had absolutely nothing to do. She watched TV for a little but nothing was really on. She went onto the internet and decided to chat with someone but no one was on. She even studied for a little but that automatically bored her to tears. Since there was nothing to do, she decided to just go to bed. She changed into her pajamas and grabbed her ipod. She lied down on her bed and let her ipod sing her to sleep.
Later that night, Lilly woke up to Ke$ha’s Tik Tok blasting in her ear and pulled the headphones out of her ears. All of her songs were at a normal volume except for that one that always blasts over the others when it comes on. She rubbed her ears when she realized she heard laughter coming from the downstairs. She got up from her bed and walked over to her door and cracked it open. The laughter came from the living so she stood at the top of the steps. She heard Karen and her mom laughing at the different events that happened that night. She groaned and rolled her eyes as she walked back into her room. She looked over to her alarm clock and saw that it was 1:04am. She laid back down onto her bed and fell back into a deep sleep zoning her mom and Karen out.

The next morning Lilly woke up around eleven and went downstairs to get some breakfast. Her mom was in the kitchen drinking her coffee while reading the newspaper.
“Morning,” Lilly said as she sat on the counter stool.
“Morning, sweetie,” she grabbed a plate off of the counter and placed it in front of Lilly, “I made you scrambled eggs and bacon.”
“Thanks,” Lilly said and began eating it, “So what’s on today’s agenda?”
“Well we’re having dinner at Karen’s tonight…”
“Oh joy,” Lilly whispered to herself.
Her mom put her coffee cup down on the counter and walked over to the fridge to get Lilly some orange juice, “Look, I know you and Nick don’t get along but could you at least try to for tonight? We have some big news to tell you tonight.”
“What is it?” Lilly asked curious.
“You’ll find out tonight,” her mom smiled placing the cup in front of her.
Nick was Karen’s son and the most annoying creature Lilly had ever met. He was always teasing Lilly about the dumbest things and was very immature. He did have his moments when he was kind but those moments were rare. Whenever they had dinner at each others houses, Karen and her mom would talk, leaving Nick to annoy the hell out of her. He would kick her under the table and she glare at him while he laughed his head.
Lilly drank some of the juice staring at her mom.

That night Lilly got ready in her room. She wore a red summer dress and a white sweater over it with white wedges. She wore her jet straight brunette down with a booby pin to keep her eyes out of her face. She looked herself over one more time in her full length mirror and went downstairs. She was surprised to see her father sitting on the couch talking to her mother.
“Dad?” Lilly said walking over to him with a wide grin on her face.
Her father stopped talking and looked at his daughter. “Lilly Bear,” he said getting up from the couch holding out his arms a hug.
She hugged him and pulled away, “What are you doing here? I thought you would be in Europe for another month.”
“I had to fly in for the big news,” he smirked.
“Well it must be important if you left your job for it,” she said becoming nervous at what this news was.
“Alright, well since we’re all ready lets head over,” her mom said as she grabbed her jacket and opened the door for everyone to walk out. The three of them walked and over the front lawn to Karen’s house. Her mom knocked on the door and waited for someone to answer. The door opened and Nick stood there with a fake smile on his face.
“Hello Nick,” my mom said hugging him.
“Hi, Mrs. Harper,” he pulled away from the hug and looked at her father, “Mr. Harper,” he said holding out his hand for her father to shake.
Her dad shook his hand, “Nick, it’s been awhile. You’ve gotten so big.”
Nick opened the door wider for them to go in. As Lilly walked by he couldn’t help but look her up and down.
Lilly noticed and was automatically disgusted, “You’re drooling,” she said walking past him.
Nick smirked to himself and closed the door following behind her. They ate dinner and talked as both Lilly and Nick’s dad told them about their trips and the mom’s filled them in on what’s been happening here at home. Nick was his usual self kicking her under the table annoying her to the ends of the earth. After dinner was done Lilly took a seat next to her father on the couch while Nick sat down on the arm of the chair next to his mom and father.
Lilly’s father started, “So me and Gary have wanted to combine our businesses for some time now and have finally come up with a solution. We’ve arranged for the two of you to get married.”
“What?!” Lilly and Nick said.
“It’s for the business sweetheart,” Lilly’s dad started, “Me and Gary aren’t going to be young forever you know.” Gary and her dad both laughed to that.
“What do you mean for the business? I’m your daughter don’t I have a say in this?”
“I’m honey but you don’t. You’re only seventeen and still under our care,” her mom explained.
Lilly looked at her parents in disbelief. She couldn’t believe this was happening.
“So you’re telling me that I have to marry her so your precious business can keep running?” Nick said.
“Nick,” his father warned.
“No, dad. You’re never home and you think you can just waltz on in here and tell me who to marry? Bull shit.”
“Nicholas,” his mother said.
He fell silent still glaring at his father.
“There’s no other way for you to join businesses? I mean can’t you like sign an agreement or something?” Lilly tried.
“We can’t. Our contracts expired and we can’t renew and this was the only way,” her father explained, “We’ve arranged for you two to stay in an apartment in the city together. You move in tomorrow.”
“Tomorrow?!” Lilly said in shock.
“This is so stupid,” Nick said and stalked off to his room.
“I’m sorry sweetie,” her mom said rubbing Lilly’s arm.
Lilly yanked her arm, “You know we don’t get along. How could you possibly think this would work?”
“Please understand sweetheart,” her father said.
“You know dad, Nick’s right. How can you just walk in here and tell me what to do with my life?” she shook her head and walked out of the house and back to her own running up to her room and slamming her door shut. She was infuriated. She threw herself onto her bed and screamed into her pillow. After she cooled off she got changed and went to sleep.

The next morning she walked downstairs and into the kitchen. She saw her father walking around in the kitchen and realized that last night wasn’t a dream. She walked into the kitchen and opened up the fridge and poured herself some orange juice.
“Goodmorning, honey,” her father said cheerily.
“Morning,” Lilly said coldly.
“Look I know you’re still upset about last night but it’s for the best,” her father said.
She laughed humorlessly and sat at the counter.
Her father frowned, “Well I need for you to pack up your clothes and things for your new apartment.”
“Do I really have to move in with him?” she whined.
“Yes you do,” he said, “Tell you what. I’ll let you decorate the apartment however you like.”
She smiled at that. Interior design was her specialty, “I guess so,” she got up and headed for the stairs.
“That’s my girl,” he said smiling victoriously.
“This doesn’t mean I agree with this whole marriage thing,” she yelled going up the stairs and to her room to find her mom putting boxes in her room, “I’m starting to think you guys just don’t want me around.”
Her mom laughed, “I know it’s sudden. Do you want any help?”
“Sure,” Lilly said as they both started to pack up her things.

Before she knew it, Lilly was standing next to Nick in what would be their new living room. The apartment was huge, which was a good thing. She would at least be able to find a room where she could be alone.
“I’ll show you you’re room,” Karen said walking down a hall. At the end of the hall was a door and Karen walked through revealing a king sized bed.
“I don’t think so,” Nick protested, “I’m not sharing a bed with her.”
Lilly rolled her eyes and immature he was acting, “Is there a guest bedroom?”
“Yes its right there,” Karen pointed to the door closest to the master bedroom.
Lilly walked over to it and open the door. It wasn’t as nice as the master bedroom but it would have to do for now, “Home sweet home,” she said to herself. She walked out of the room and back into the living room where her mom and Karen were now talking and looking around the room as if planning things. This was not good. She looked at her dad who was standing bringing a box into the door.
“That’s the last of them,” he said.
“Oh honey, me and Karen just thought of the most perfect color for the living room,” her mom said.
He glanced over at Lilly who was shaking her head no urgently, “Actually, I promised Lilly that I would let her do what she wanted with the apartment.”
“Oh that’s wonderful,” her mom said over excited, “We have to go now, but call if you need anything.”
“Oh and Nick,” Karen said.
Lilly turned to see him plop him just walking into the living room.
“Please behave,” she said and walked out.
“Bye Lilly Bear,” her dad said hugging her. All the parents soon left the apartment leaving the two alone.
“So, Lilly Bear, why don’t you whip up some lunch,” he said with a cocky grin on his face.
“Ok 1. Never call me that and 2. Make it yourself,” Lilly said walking back to her room. She walked into the guest bedroom and unpacked her things.
When she finished she walked back into the living room to find sitting on the couch watching TV. She noticed spiral stairs near the dining room and wondered they led too. She had noticed them when she first walked in but didn’t pay that much mind to them. Now she headed over to them and started walking up the stairs.
“Where are you going?” Nick said watching her.
She ignored him and kept going up. Ended up at a door and tried turning the lock. It looked it hadn’t been open in a while and the lock wouldn’t budge. Nick had followed her up and reached for the lock used his strength to open it. He got it unlocked and tried pushing the door open but it wouldn’t budge either. He banged against it with his shoulder and it opened.
“After you ma’lady,” he said gesturing for her to go in.
“My hero,” she said emotionlessly.
The door led to the roof of the building. It had a beautiful view overlooking the city. Lilly walked towards the edge of the building and looked at all of the buildings.
“Whoa,” Nick said walking up next to her looking around as well.
“Yea,” she whispered. She suddenly got the chills, “I’m gonna go in.” she walked back into the apartment and down the stairs with Nick walking behind her. She went into the kitchen to get a snack. She grabbed a soda and put it on the counter and went to grab a cup.
Nick grabbed the soda and went over to the couch, “Thank you.”
“Seriously,” she said slapping her hands on the counter.
He took a sip and smirked.
She grabbed another drink and filled her cup up sitting in the living room. She grabbed the remote and changed the channel.
“Yo, what do you think you’re doing?” he said
“Finder’s keeper’s loser’s weeper’s,” she said taking a sip.
He snatched the remote from her and changed the channel back.
“Hey!” she said reaching for the remote but nick stretched it behind him.
“Finder’s keeper’s loser’s weeper’s,” he said mocking her.
“Oh very funny,” she said reaching for the remote but he still pulled it away.
“You know I could stay like this forever,” he said smiling that same cocky grin.
She hadn’t realized that she was practically straddling him and her face was inches from his. She scoffed and got off of him storming into her room slamming her door.
How could her parents do this to her? How could they make her marry that thing? She sat down in front of her bed suddenly feeling exhausted and looked around. A tear escaped her eye from being so frustrated. All the anger she had towards her parents started to pour out of her eyes. She felt even more alone than she had before. She curled up into a ball and cried herself to sleep.
Nick could hear her crying and felt bad. Don’t do it He thought. He got up from the couch and went to her room. He knocked lightly and noticed that her crying had stopped. He cracked the door open and saw her sleeping on the ground. He opened it all the way and walked over to her. He picked her up bridal style and carried her to the master bedroom. He laid her in the bed and took off her shoes. Her put the blankets and shut the lights off on his way out and walked back out to the living room and watched TV. Before he knew it he had dosed off on the couch.
He wasn’t usually this nice but he had a soft spot for Lilly. Even though they didn’t get along she was just like him. None of their parents were ever home and they had no one to hang out with. Now here they were, living in the same house arranged to be married. He wasn’t thrilled about it but liked the idea that he would be able to annoy her 24/7.

Lilly woke up to find herself in the master bedroom. She stretched as she looked around in confusion. She got out of the bed and walked into the master bath. She looked at herself and saw that she looked a mess. She took a shower and walked into her room to get some clothes. She put on some jeans and a long tank top. She put on some flip flops and went to the kitchen. She saw sleeping on the kitchen and realized that he must’ve put her in the room. She smiled with a confused look on her face to herself wondering why he did it. She made some breakfast for the both of them as a thank you.
Nick had sat up and stretched on the couch. He smelled eggs and toast and looked over his shoulder to see Lilly cooking. He got up and felt a pain in his neck. He rubbed it as he sat on one of the stools in front of the counter.
“What’s for breakfast?” he asked.
“Scrambled eggs and bacon,” she said putting a plate in front of him.
“Aww you shouldn’t have, Lilly Bear,” he said shoving a piece of bacon in his mouth.
She rolled her eyes and poured herself some milk. There was a knock at the door and Lilly looked at Nick who just shrugged his shoulders. She went over to answer it and saw both of their mom’s through the peek hole. She groaned and opened the door. Nick watched as he saw his mom and Denise come in. “Great.”
“Hi, honey,” her mom said hugging her, “so how was your first night in your apartment?”
“Lovely,” Lilly said closing the door as her mom walked over to Nick to give him a kiss on the cheek. His mom did the same but he shrugged her off which Lilly could see hurt her.
“Well we’re to tell you guys that you’ll be getting married a week from today,” Karen said.
“So soon?” Lilly said.
“Oh c’mon it’ll be fun. Today we’re bringing you to try on your dress,” Karen said.
“Do I have to?” Lilly said suddenly nervous.
“Yes now lets go,” her mom said grabbing her arm and dragging her towards the door.
“Mom I gotta get my phone and bag,” Lilly said trying to get her arm out of her mom’s grip.
Her mom let go finally let go, “Alright we’ll be waiting in the car.”
“Kay,” Both Karen and Denise walked out of the apartment giggling.
Lilly went into her room and grabbed her bag and headed back out to the living room.
“Have fun,” Nick said cheerily.
“Bite me,” Lilly snapped back. She opened the door just as Gary was about to knock on the door with her father behind him.
“Lilly Bear, off to go dress hunting?” her father said.
“Yea,” she smiled brightly but turned into a frown, “Kill me now why don’t you?”
“Oh lighten up,” Gary said, “Hey if it makes you feel better, we’re taking Nick to get his tux.”
“What?” Nick said his chair.
Lilly smiled, “Yea that helps a little. Have fun,” she yelled over shoulder to Nick and walked out to the car.

After what felt like a year of shopping, Lilly finally found a dress and her mom dropped her off at the apartment. She made her way through the door and walked in plopping herself on the couch. A few minutes later Nick walked in dragging his feet and plopped on the couch next.
“You would think that buying a tux is easy. Just pick a black and wear it. But nooo, it has to be the right shade of black. I didn’t even know black had shades,” he said laying his head down on her lap, “I am exhausted.”
“That makes two of us,” she said looking down at him, “Movie?”
“Sure,” he said sitting up.
“I’ll make the popcorn, you pick,” she said heading to the kitchen.
Nick looked at the choices he had and decided they would watch Karate Kid. He put the movie just as Lilly came back into the living room with the popcorn.
“What are we watching?” she asked sitting on the couch.
“Karate Kid,” he said grabbing a handful of popcorn and putting it in his mouth.
“I haven’t seen that movie in a long time,” she said as the movie started.
The movie finished and both of them were fighting to keep their eyes open.
“Alright I’m going to bed,” Nick said.
“Me too,” Lilly said taking the movie out and shutting off the TV.
They both walked down the hall and Lilly went into the guest bedroom while Nick went into the master bedroom.

It was 12:30 in the morning and Lilly was laying in her bed thinking about how in just one week she would be marrying Nick. She was still having a hard time accepting it but at least he was easing up on the teasing a little bit. All of these thoughts wouldn’t let her sleep so she decided to go upstairs to the roof. She grabbed her jacket and put her hair up into a ponytail. When she headed up the stairs she saw the door was already open and Nick was sitting on the ground staring up at the sky.
“Can’t sleep,” she said as she walked up behind him.
She saw him jump and look over his shoulder at her. He shook his head no and looked back up at the sky. She sat down next to him and looked at the sky as well. There were no stars because of the city lights.
She heard Nick chuckle making her look at him, “What?”
“Nothing,” he said still laughing.
“Tell me,” she said shoving him gently.
“I’m gonna be a married man in one week. That’s insane,” he said.
Now that Lilly thought about it, it was pretty insane, “That is insane. Who knew out of all of the people in the world you’d be marrying me”
“I don’t mind,” he said looking over at her.
She looked at him surprised that he didn’t shoot back some kind of cocky comment. She found herself staring into his crystal blue that she had never noticed before. She looked away and smiled to herself. These were the moments that she liked most about Nick.
“I’m gonna try and get some sleep now,” Nick stood up and brushed himself off as Lilly watched him, “Do you wanna share tonight?”
“No thanks,” Lilly said looking back out into the city.
He bent down next to her and whispered in her ear, “You know. You won’t be able to resist me much longer.” He got up and went back inside to his room.
Chills went down her spine when she felt his warm breath in her ear. She looked over her shoulder and watch go back inside. She looked back in front of her, trying to figure out why she was feeling this way towards him. She’s hated him her whole life and now that they’re spending all this time together she was starting to like his company. This wasn’t right. She wasn’t supposed to like him at all. What was wrong with her?
She shook the thoughts away as she got up and headed back to her room and fell fast asleep.

One week Lilly stood at the back of the church with her father next to her. She was wearing her wedding dress. She was very nervous about today. She was still angry with her father for making her do this but she had been thinking about all the things he’s sacrificed for her and decided to play along with it.
The doors opened and her and her father walked down the aisle. She saw Nick standing at the altar looking almost as nervous as she did. It seemed like the walk down the aisle was taking forever. She slowly passed by the many pews giving people, she didn’t even know, fake smiles.
They finally reached the altar and her father kissed her cheek and passed her on to Nick. He took her hand gently and they face each other at the altar. After that, the priest started and they both said their ‘I Dos.’
“I now pronounce you husband and wife. You may now kiss the bride,” the priest smiled proudly.
Nick looked at Lilly totally forgetting that he had to kiss her. Lilly saw the panic in his face and widened her eyes at him telling him to just do it. He leaned and softly kissed her lips and pulled away.
He only kissed for second but to her it felt like a lifetime. His lips were so soft and the kiss was sweet. She the many strangers begin to clap and stand in their pews as Nick and Lilly walked down the aisle. The rest of the night was very awkward for the two of them. At the reception there was a table set up just for the two of them. It wasn’t fun because they were both only 17 and couldn’t drink, but were forced to watch everyone else drink their hearts out.
Karen and Denise stood up at the mike and Karen spoke, “Could everyone please clear the dance floor for the bride and groom’s first dance.”
Lilly looked at Nick who looked back at her. He shrugged and got up and so did she. They made their way to the dance floor and nick put his hand on her hip and held her hand out to the side as they swayed back and forth.
“Oh God, They’re crying,” Nick said.
“Who?” Lilly said looking at him.
“Our mom’s,” he said.
Lilly looked over at them and saw Denise and Karen both grabbing hanky’s out of their husbands blowing their noses while they clung onto each other. They both laughed at this and kept dancing.
“You look beautiful tonight,” Nick said admiring her.
Lilly smiled up him, “Thanks, you don’t look so bad yourself.”
“Well, after a couple tuxes I found the perfect shade of black,” he joked.
Lilly laughed. “This is really awkward isn’t,” she said.
“Very,” he confessed.
“Well, I say we make the most of this night and fake it,” she said.
“You know what,” Nick said, “That’s not a bad idea.”
The song ended and some upbeat music started. People gathered around on the dance floor. Nick and Lilly danced their hearts out and ended up having fun at their wedding night. They watched one of Nick’s uncles, who was completely drunk, attempt the worm on the dance floor and couldn’t stop laughing.
A week after the wedding, Nick and Lilly had become a lot closer. Their parents set up a supposed honeymoon for them which was a cruise to the Bahamas. They didn’t consider it a honeymoon since their parents were going with them. Her parents knew she was against this whole thing but seemed as if they were trying their best to make it seem real. She didn’t mind Nick anymore she just couldn’t get over the fact that her parents forced her to get married.
Nick and Lilly were both packing at their apartment for their trip at 5:30am.
“I hate mornings. Why are we even going,” Nick whined throwing a shirt into his suitcase, “It’s more of a honeymoon for them it is for us.”
“Don’t think of it as a honeymoon,” Lilly said walking into the master bedroom sitting onto the bed. They hadn’t exactly gotten to sharing the bed yet, “think as a family vacation. We go to them all the time except this time we won’t be arguing as much.”
“I guess,” Nick said. He continued throwing more and more clothes into the suitcase and Lilly watched, knowing he wasn’t going to be able to close it.
She couldn’t stand to watch him any longer, “Tell you what, you just lay down and I’ll pack for you.”
“Thank you,” said lying down on the bed relieved.
She laughed to herself and started taking things out of the suitcase one by one, folding them and putting it back into the suitcase.
“Did you pack yet?” he asked.
“Been,” she said.
“How do you pack so fast?” he asked.
“I’ve had to pack my mom’s bags for all of those Vegas trips her and Karen go to, so I’ve had some practice,” she said folding the last shirt and zipping up his suitcase and pulling it off of the bed and onto the ground. She threw herself onto the bed tired.
“My mom usually does the packing,” he said.
“I can tell,” she said to herself.
He smiled over at her.
“So what time are they picking us up?” she asked him.
There was a knock at the door and Nick got up to get it, “Now.”
Lilly got up from the bed and went into her room to grab her suitcase. She heard her mom and Karen sounding extremely excited. Her father walked into her room knocking on the door.
“You packed Lilly bear?” he said.
“Yup,” she said.
He came in and took the suitcase from her room and brought it down to the car. She stood by the car and waited for everyone to come outside. When they finally did they all packed into Gary’s family van and Nick and Lilly were forced to sit all the way in the back.
“Why aren’t we taking two cars again?” Nick said.
“Parking cost a lot nowadays,” Gary said to him.
“How long a drive,” Nick asked him.
“3 hours,” he said.
“Great,” Nick said.
“Oh c’mon honey it won’t be that bad,” Karen said.
Nick just gave her a look.
After about a half hour of driving Nick was getting very cranky.
“I am sooo tired,” he yawned.
“Then go to sleep,” Lilly said.
“Don’t mind if I do,” he said swinging his feet up onto her lap and laying his head against the door.
“Eww,” she said rolling her eyes. Usually she would’ve thrown his feet off of her but he had been doing things like this a lot lately that Lilly had gotten used to it.
When they finally made it the cruse ship Lilly had fallen asleep and was now laying ontop of Nick with her head on his chest.
“Sweetie, wake up,” her mom said shaking her gently.
Lilly looked around rubbing her eyes and looked down at Nick not knowing how she had gotten into that position. She looked out the window and saw the giant ship. She shook Nick awake and he got up. Lilly got out of the car and stretched feeling like she hadn’t in years.
The dad’s were unpacking the suitcases and everyone made their way to boat. After Karen checked them in, she gave everyone their room keys and said for them to meet in the lobby in an hour. Lilly and Nick made their way to their rooms and Nick opened it up sliding the card into the slot and saw the red light flicker green. He opened up the door and saw that the room was huge.
“Whoa,” he said.
Lilly walked in with her suitcase looking around the room. It was nice with a flat screen and master bath. But there was only one bed.
Nick left his suitcase by the door and ran towards the bed diving into it, “Oh God, how I’ve missed the feeling of a bed.”
Lilly laughed and put her bag by the dresser that was next to the flat screen.
“You gotta try this bed,” he said.
“In a sec,” she said opening up her suitcase to unpack.
“You can unpack later just lay down for a second,” he said getting up and walking over to her he picked her up over his shoulder and ran over to the bed.
“Nick! Put me down, Now!!” she said kicking her legs.
He jumped as they both landed on it. She was laying on her back and he laid next to her with a victorious grin on his face, “Pretty good huh?”
“Yes, it’s the best bed I’ve been tackled onto,” she said sarcastically.
“So I’m guessing we gotta share,” he said.
“Yea I guess so,” she said quietly.
“I’ll sleep on the floor if you want,” he said making I obvious that he didn’t want to.
“Now what kind of wife would make her husband sleep on the floor on their honeymoon,” she said looking over at him.
“That’s my girl,” he said, “So what do you wanna do?”
“Unpack,” she said getting off of the bed and starting to unpack.
Nick groaned, “I don’t wanna. Can’t we just sleep?”
“You sleep, I’ll unpack,” Lilly said.
An hour later, Nick and Lilly were sitting in the lobby waiting for their parents. Lilly unpacked both of their bags while slept. It was a one time thing because Lilly was not going to be his maid.
“Hey you two lovebirds,” Denise said walking up to them.
“Mom,” Lilly hissed.
“C’mon we’re all outside for the departure,” Denise said leading them towards the others.
Lilly found all of the parents standing next to the pool near one of the chairs. She sat down, deciding to stay there for this whole event. There was a lot of cheering and the ships horn could not have been louder. Soon they were off and sailing on their journey to the Bahamas. They had spent most of the day on the deck swimming around in the pool being one big happy family.
“Alright so how’s about we all go to dinner,” Gary said.
“Sounds’ good to me,” Brian said.
“Ok let’s get dressed up. I want this to be a formal occasion for the newlyweds,” Denise said smiling at Nick and Lilly.
“Yay,” Nick said sarcastically.
“We’ll meet here in a half hour, sound good?” Gary said.
“Works for me,” Brian said.
The parents fled to their rooms while Nick and Lilly stared after them.
“So much for family vacation,” Nick said looking over at Lilly.
Lilly rolled her eyes and started for their room. She headed for the steps but nick grabbed her hand and started running in a random direction, “Nick! Where are we going?”
“Exploring,” he said.
They ran down hall and at the end of it was a door that said employee’s only. He headed right for it and walked through the door. They were stairs and as they made their way down they saw that it was where all of the cars were being held. It was like an underground parking lot.
“Awesome,” Nick said still holding her hand as he walked around looking at all of the cars.
“Nick we have to go get ready let’s go,” Lilly said a little scared.
“We won’t be here long,” Nick said walking down the many rows of cars.
Lilly was surprised to find herself enjoying the fact that Nick was holding her hand. It was warm yet firm as if she knew she was safe with him. She smiled to herself and followed behind him not feeling scared anymore.
“This place is huge,” Nick said in amazement.
“Yea,” Lilly said getting an idea. She slowly let go of his hand pretending she was looking at another one of the cars. When his back was facing her she sprinted towards the other side of the lot and sat behind a car feeling playful.
“Lilly?” Nick called out walking around the lot.
“Come and find me,” she said playfully.
Nick to his left where he heard her voice. He saw a slight shadow behind a mini van and walked around slowly. When he peaked out all he saw was her jacket.
“Try again,” he heard a voice say behind him. He turned around and caught a glimpse of her hair as she dodge behind a convertible. He grinned as he walked up to the car. He crouched down and snuck up behind her. She was peeking her head out looking for him but instead he was behind her.
“Found ya,” he said as she turned around gasping.
Lilly’s face was inches from him. He had scared the crap out of her but found herself lost in his eyes.
Nick was no longer grinning as he looked deep into her chocolate orbs. He brought his hand up to her cheek and caressed it with his finger tips.
Her heart skipped a beat at his touch and went wild when he started to lean in. His forehead was leaning on hers as her brushed his lips against hers. She felt sparks shooting through her body as she closed her eyes waiting for him to just kiss her.
Nick closed the space between them kissing her sweetly. He had never felt this way when he kissed other girls. With her it made him want more and more of her. Their lips fit perfectly together. His hand was still on her cheek while his other hand went to her waist bringing her closer.
Lilly put her hand on his hand that was on her cheek kissing him back. She had been wanting to kiss him again since the wedding and was very much so enjoying this moment.
They both heard the sound of door shutting and pulled away immediately. They looked in the direction they came in through and saw an employee walking around checking on the cars. He looked around then walked back up the steps.
“C’mon,” Nick said as he headed towards the same door and peeked his head through before pushing it wide open for her to walk through. They both went to their room and as soon as they were inside things became very awkward. They both got ready for dinner quietly not saying a word to each other.
Lilly was happy he had kissed. She just wished that guy hadn’t interrupted them or else they wouldn’t have been in the situation they were in. She had no idea what the kiss meant, all she knew was that it was the best kiss she had ever experienced in her life. She stood in the bathroom putting on her make up and doing her hair. She decided to wear a flowing black skirt with a silky red shirt. She let her hair down like she always has it but let her side bangs flow freely in her face. After she put on her make up she stepped out of bathroom and went over to the dresser to look for her black sweater. When she found it she put it on and sat down on the bed. Nick had gone down the hall to get a drink from the vending machine. He returned shortly after he finished with two water bottles in his hand. He handed one to her and sat on the other side of the bed.
Another dreadful moment of silence past between both of them before nick silently suggested they head downstairs. When they did their parent were already there waiting so they headed to the restaurant. After Lilly excused herself and headed out to the deck. She walked over to the edge of the boat looking out into the sea. It was night out there were many stars out.
She felt two arms wrap around her waist and out of the corner of her eye she saw Nick rest his head on her shoulder.
“I know things have been pretty tense since what happened in the garage and I can’t stand it,” Nick said, “If you want we can just forget the whole thing happened.”
She turned around to face him as his hand now rested on her hips, “I don’t wanna forget it happened.”
Nick smiled at her, “Good ‘cause neither did I.”
She wrapped her arms around his neck smiling, “So what do we do now?”
“This,” He said leaning in and kissing passionately.
She smiled through the kiss as she ran her fingers through his hair. The kiss was sweet and now the arranged marriage didn’t seem so bad after all.
© Copyright 2010 Jessie Summers (jay94 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689292-Forced