*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689743-New-Life-chp5
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Other · #1689743
New Life chapter 5:D
Chapter 5: Normal


Yes, I know that I said to Vinny that I had a bad feeling about Jade. But he was right, (I’ll never say it out loud though). She needs friends right now. Jade is powerful and needs to be watched. Power hungry people like Simon is an example of what she needs to be protected from.
‘’When can we leave?’’ Jade said anxiously
‘’Soon, soon! Calm down. We’re going to hunt when we get to California. Then we’ll go celebrity hunting.’’ Vinny said then winked.
‘’Ha ha. Funny joke’’ I said sarcastically. ‘’But we travel at night. All night. And you will sleep during sunlight hours.’’
‘’I guess it’ll take awhile to get used to. As long as I out grow sleeping. That’s just weird to think about not sleeping. ‘’ Jade said.
‘’It is. But don’t worry, you’ll get used to it.’’ Vinny said.
We asked the elders’ permission to officially leave. When they allowed us to, Jade started getting excited.
‘’I have never been out of New Jersey before! I’m so excited! So, we really are going to Cali?’’ Jade said very energetically.
‘’Yes, we are. Unless you don’t want to-’’ I was cut off by Jade.
‘’Of course I want to! I am a small town girl! I thought I would never get out of there!’’
‘’Jade, where did you exactly live?’’ Vinny said curiously.
‘’Cedarville, New Jersey in Salem County. It was very big. Yet, it felt small once you lived there your whole life.’’ Jade said.
‘’Wow, I’ve heard a lot about Salem County. Izzy and I visited Pennsville once a few years ago.’’ Vinny said.
‘’A few years ago? Like how many? Like, three?’’ Jade said.
‘’Um, maybe. Izzy what do you think? Three years? Time flies by fast, I don’t really keep track of it.’’ Vinny said.
‘’Jade’s right. Three years ago we visited Pennsville, New Jersey.’’
‘’Did you hunt when you were there?’’ Jade was starting to act different.
‘’Yeah, we always hunt in different places. To taste the blood of different people.’’ Vinny said.
‘’I knew it! You killed my friend! My best friend! My best friend Juliet! How could you?’’ Jade screamed while crying.
Jade was lucky she still could cry. Once you get older, you also stop crying.
‘’Jade, we didn’t know! How would you expect us to realize that girl was a friend of yours?’’ I exclaimed.
My words didn’t help at all .Jade continued wailing. I do feel bad, but Vinny and I didn’t meet her then. How were we supposed to know who and who she didn’t know? I personally don’t find it fair. But Vinny walked off and decided to let her get it all out, and sat on a nearby bench. I sat next to him.
‘’Hey, so I’m yours now?’’ Vinny chuckled.
‘’I lost my temper back there! But yes, if it came down to it, your mine.’’ I said bravely.
Vinny grinned. I took that as a good sign. But he didn’t speak for a few minutes.
‘’Well that’s good then.’’ Vinny said, and quickly kissed my forehead and walked away.
*****
After Vinny left, I went over to see Jade sitting on one of the couches in the lobby area. Her face was streaked with dry tears, but she wasn’t crying anymore. She looked sad, then perked up when I came into view.
‘’I’m sorry, Izzy. It just took me by surprise. Will you forgive me?’’ Jade said.
‘’Of course.’’ I said then smiled. We hugged then Vinny yelled.
‘’Izzy! Jade! Get over here! Now!’’
© Copyright 2010 <3reading! (writingmaniac9 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1689743-New-Life-chp5