*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690035-Isolated-not-completed
by Grace
Rated: E · Fiction · Drama · #1690035
Sasha leaves the town she grew up in, looking for isolation from the world.
Sasha's heart sank as she realized how much damage she had caused to all those close to her. Without saying good-bye to anyone, Sasha decided it was time to leave before she could hurt anyone else.

Not having anything of material value, Sasha packed nothing. With the half moon hovering in the sky and a foggy road ahead, she held her head high never looking back. The town was just too small and the rumors would never end, growing wilder each time they were spoken.

Keeping a steady pace as the sun began to rise, Sasha could here the whispers of the town waking even though she was several miles away. At least now I can cause no more trouble, she thought to herself. Ignoring the whispers, she continued down the highway, not exactly sure where she would end up.

With the hours passing on so did the vehicles on the road. Some even pulled over, but Sasha only made hand gestures telling them to move on. She wanted nothing more to do with people. I need to find isolation, she told herself as the whispers finally ceased.

"Honey, look. Pull over, that girl might need some help." Wayne sighed deeply as he kept his objections to himself. Moving the silver Sedan to the shoulder of the highway, Summer looked into her husband's deep green eyes.

"Stay here. She might be dangerous." Wayne gently kissed the pale white skin of his wife's hand.

Standing just over six feet tall with muscles bulging from his shirt, Wayne started to approach Sasha. Surprised she was not intimidated by his size, he held out a hand for her to shake.

"I am in no need of assistance." Hearing the determination in her voice, Wayne nodded and climbed back into his car.

"Does she need help?" Wayne admired the soft heart of his wife even though at times, he became slightly annoyed by it. "Honey, what did she say?"

"She said she doesn't need assistnace. Come on, the boys are waiting. If we want to reach the fireworks show, we need to keep moving." Before Wayne could pull back onto the highway, Summer gently put her hand on her husband's shoulder.

"Here, give this to her. Please honey." Summer held out a stack of twenty dollar bills. Observing the grey hairs of his wife along with wrinkles of age, Wayne smiled. Being married for almost thirty years, he knew 'please' meant 'do it or else'. He exited the vehicle once more.

"Excuse me, miss!" Wayne's deep voiced echoed in the distance and Sasha turned around. Her eyes narrowed as her lips became a snarl. Half jogging towards Sasha, Wayne ignored the cold glare he was recieving.

"I told you, I am in no need of assistance. Leave me alone." Sasha clearly stated standing defensively in front of Wayne.

"I can see that. That glare of yours alone makes me want to high tail it outta here. Unfortunately, my wife won't allow us to do that until' you take this money." Trying to brake the ice with a little joke only made the tension between them seem colder.

"Leave. I need nothing from any of you." Sasha's voice made shivers ride up and down Wayne's back. Clearing his throat, he looked into her eyes begging her to take the money.
© Copyright 2010 Grace (alvaco at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690035-Isolated-not-completed