*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690751-All-in-the-mind
by Smee
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Action/Adventure · #1690751
A story based on the IP of the League of Legends
Chapter 1 : It's all in the mind

"We don't have enough?"

The questioning tone of the deep voice seemed to sit false. Clearly he knew the answer even if he didn't want to admit it. Perhaps he hoped for someone to suddenly appear, declare it mistaken and then difficult decisions wouldn't have to be made. Maybe he could...

"He's not ready, my lord. Whilst his natural power is highly impressive, his skills are still undisciplined. The lastest word from the Council is atleast another six months of training."

Suraj raised an eyebrow at his advisor. "How did you..."

"Forgive me, my lord, you always get a certain look when you think about the boy."

"I do, do I! We'll have to talk about that some other time. Tell me, what does Targh think of his abilities."

"Like all young men, he thinks he knows everything and is invincible."

Saraj chuckled as he cast his mind back to his own childhood. "Aah yes, those were the days, 'eh my friend. See that Targh's training is redoubled, I want him ready in three months, we'll make do until then."

~

"Targh, stop it, send it back."

Deep green eyes looked up to the speaker, a boyish grin spread across half the face framed under an untidy mop of mouse brown hair.

"I'm not hurting it. Look, it's quite happy aren't you."

The small minion couldn't reply as it continued to twirl and spin a crude dance under the control of Targh.

"You'll get in trouble, you know you're not supposed to summon outside of official lessons."

"You worry too much," Targh laughed in reply as he made the minon turn to his friend and squat down crudely displaying its rear. "You should learn to relax a little."

With a audible pop the creature suddenly vanished, and Targh turned around to find himself staring up at the cold eyes of Instructor Moros. The iron face showed not a trace of emotion, and the eyes seemed to swallow Targh whole. The voice was deceptively quiet and calm and yet held all the menace of a shout.

"You've been warned about abusing summoning powers before. I see more ...lasting methods are required."

Targh bearly had time to open his mouth to begin stammering an apology when suddenly he found himself spinning and turning about the Dorm, far more theatrically than he'd done to the minion. The other novices noticed and started sniggering.

"Do you enjoy this, boy? The taking of your will? Our long standing agreement with the minions is crucial to the success of this Institute. You would jepodise all that for some childish prank to impress your friends!"

Targh continued to dance, the exertion making it impossible to reply. Suddenly he found himself stood before his friend. A large fake grin forced itself on to his face, and he bowed extravagantly before him. Suddenly he pulled down his PJ bottoms, spun on the spot and bent down in the same gesture he'd forced on the minion. Laughter erupted around the room.

"Well boy? Had enough, or... aargh"

Targh stood up, arms shaking with the effort, his face red with a volatile combination of embarrassment, anger and concentration. He turned to face the Instructor who showed similar focus. Their eyes locked. A shocked silence filled the room, the other boys unsure what was happening.

"Get... out of ...my HEAD!" Targh screamed through clenched teeth. Suddenly both boy and Instructor were blown backwards, landing several feet away.

A few seconds of silence seemed to drag on for an hour, as the both slowly regained their feet. A strange look covered Moros's face, Targh couldn't decide if it was horror or admiration.

"The Council would see you immediately," he said finally. Without waiting for reply, he turned and walked out. Targh straightened his clothes and followed as hushed whispers broke out across the dorm.

~
© Copyright 2010 Smee (smeedyer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1690751-All-in-the-mind