*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691051-Newbie-Writers-Block
by GFW
Rated: E · Prose · Writing · #1691051
A third person writing of a first person experience.
    She watched her fingers moving across her keyboard, seemingly of their own volition. The words appearing on the screen in front of her made clear and perfect sense. She stopped, trying to remember her audience. Who would want to read such drivel? Were her writing skills on the same level as people who showcased their efforts for others to read and rate? Had her years of not writing affected her ability to effectively communicate using the written word? The circling thoughts in her head made her hands feel heavy.

    She sighed and sipped her heavily-creamed coffee. She tried reminding herself that she should write about what she knows and to write for herself first. Did it really matter if no one liked what she wrote? Her mind was full of stories, advice and anecdotes. Poetry rode side-car to prose. Lyrics begging for musical backing flirted with how-to lists she had kept to herself for ages. Should she risk criticism of her precious thoughts? Would it change the way she felt about herself?

    The cursor flashed steadily on the computer screen. Its steady pulse seemed alive and waiting. "Come on. Type. See what happens."

    She consciously unclenched her jaw and shrugged, loosening the muscles in her neck and shoulders. She laughed aloud at how tense the whole writing situation was making her. It wasn't like her to face challenges with thoughts of failure so prominent in her head. She normally just thought of how the obstacles would be overcome...and what stories they would lead her to tell.

    Smiling to herself, she left her computer to get another cup of coffee. What good were having stories if they never reached an audience? She gently chastised herself for being so silly and decided to throw caution to the wind. She had her first writing piece to do, and she knew exactly what she wanted to say...
© Copyright 2010 GFW (goddess4winds at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691051-Newbie-Writers-Block