*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691467-Control-Freak
by LH
Rated: 13+ · Fiction · Fantasy · #1691467
A small town girl figures out that there are strange things happening in her town.
         It was a usual day in my hometown. The temperature felt like about 18 degrees Celsius. It was a mid-spring day and there were just dandelions covering the ground. The trees we starting to bud too.
         “Hey Angelina!” My friend Heidi walked over to me casually.
         “Hey Heidi, what’s up?” I asked.
         “Did you know there is a party over beside the lake house this weekend? Anyone can come!” Heidi gossiped.
         “Are you just doing this so we’re more popular?” I rolled my eyes.
         “Jake is going to be there!” Heidi persuaded me.
         “The really cute one I dream about all the time?” I smiled.
         “Yeah...” she slowly said. “You coming?” She shrugged her shoulders.
         “I guess...” I trailed off. Heidi continued talking about how cool the party was going to be.
         “I can’t wait to see Jake...” I cut into her conversation.
         “Why don’t you ask him out?” Heidi suggested madly.
         “But what about Jesse?” I whined. The class bell rang and we ran to our next classes. I walked into chemistry class. There was barely any seats left. I looked around the room, and saw Jesse waving at me and holding the seat next to him so no one would come sit there.
         “Miss, please take a seat.” Mr. Brunt suggested. I headed towards Jesse and sat down beside him.
         “Why are you late?” Jesse softly whispered.
         “I was talking to Heidi..” I explained quietly.
         “After class we need to talk.” Jesse whispered not making eye contact.
         “Okay...” I started.
         “There in the back... would you like to share what you were talking about please?” Our teacher asked.
         “Jesse told me we needed to talk AFTER class.” I fiddled with my pencil.
         “That’s it?” He asked surprised.
         “Yeah.” I gave attitude. Mr. Brunt rolled his eyes and continued with the lesson. After we finished our work, and we were dismissed, Jesse grabbed my arm and pulled me to a corner where we could be alone.
         “Angelina,” He paced his words carefully. “I’m breaking up with you.”
         “Oh... okay.” I acted sad.
         “Bye.” Jesse walked away. I looked curiously in his direction, and then headed to Spanish. Jake was in my Spanish class, he waved to me when I walked in. Beside him there was an empty seat. I walked over to him.
         “May I sit here?” I asked sweetly.
         “Yeah sure!” Jake smiled at me. Through Spanish class, he kept on saying pick-up lines in Spanish.
         “So Angelina, do you got a date to the party yet?” Jake asked.
         “No.” I said.
         “Well, do you want to go out with me?” He asked. I beamed. He grinned ear-to-ear the way I did now.
         “Yeah sure!” I exclaimed.
         “Okay then, if we kiss at the party, it’ll be official that were dating.” Jake smiled more.
         “There’s the bell.” He added.
         “I don’t hear it.” I cocked my head to the side. He looked at me expectant. Right then the bell rang.
         “How did you know?” I asked curiously.
         “It’s the time the bell rings. I was just a minute off.” Jake explained. We walked out of class together. Jesse saw me with Jake and walked up to me.
         “Already?” he questioned. I nodded. Jesse stormed away angrily. I smiled at the way he acted. Jake took my hand, and I felt an electric shock go through my body. I pulled away my hand.
         “What’s wrong?” Jake asked.
         “I just felt an electric shock come from you!?” he looked at me like I was crazy, maybe I was. He held my hand again, and again I felt the electric shock. But this time I ignored it. It hurt like crazy.
         “Angelina?” Jake asked.
         “Yes?” I asked back.
         “Instead of waiting until Friday, do you want to go on a date tonight?” He smiled at me. A sharp pain went down my spine, but I thought about not wanting it to hurt, and it went away. Jake got a frustrated look on his face.
         “Yeah sure.” I said quickly. Jake hugged me. When he did, another pain hit my spine. All over my body hurt. All of a sudden the taps in the bathroom exploded. All of the water, came pouring out of the boys bathroom. Jake looked at the water and started to walk away.
         “Bye, see you tonight.” He told me.
         “Yeah... Where?” I asked.
         “In the Guardian parking lot.” Jake explained.
         “Kay, see you there.” I said back nervously. The rest of the day went quick. I asked my mom if I could go out with my friends and she said yes and to be back by 10:00 pm. I left in my car heading towards the Guardian parking lot. When I got there I saw another car, and Jake behind the wheel. I parked my car, and he waved me over to his car. I sat down in the passenger seat.
         “Do you mind if we leave your car here for a few hours?” He asked.
         “Yeah sure.” I wiped the sweat from my palms off on my pants, and put on my seat belt. Jake started going down the road, and he pulled up in a driveway, to a big beautiful house.
         “Is this yours?” I asked amazed.
         “Sure is.” He said calmly. We pulled into the parking space, and got out. Jake walked up to the door of his house and pulled out a key, and opened it.
         “No one’s home?” I asked.
         “Nope.” Jake answered. He pulled me in and he sat me down on the couch.
         “So...” I said. Jake leaned in to kiss me. He kissed me softly, and I couldn’t move. It’s like he took control of my body. I pushed him away.
         “Jake! I don’t want to do anything  with you tonight okay? So please just drive me to my car please or take me out to dinner.” I looked at him with a pleading tone.
         “Okay. Go get in the car.” Jake sighed. I got up and walked to the door, and Jake followed behind me.
         “Do you still like me?” Jake asked.
         “Yes. Since you kissed me... doesn’t this mean were dating?” I asked while putting on my jacket.
         “Yes. Yes it does.” Jake smiled and laughed.
         “Okay.” We walked out to the car, and went back to where my car was.
         “Am I going home? Or are you taking me out?” I asked.
         “Whatever you want. I’m tired and my plan for tonight was ruined, so bye Angelina.” Jake replied stubbornly.
         “Kay. I’m going home.” I rolled my eyes to his ‘attitude voice’. I got in my car and drove away.
                                     
         I slept with nightmares. I woke up in the morning, all sweaty saying “No! No! No!” I got up and got dressed into more clothes than I would’ve and went downstairs. I ate breakfast quickly, because I was running out of time. The bus would be here any minute, and I’d rather not drive to school. I’ve learned that every time I get mad, something explodes, there’s an earthquake somewhere else or we have a wind storm. It’s like mother nature is on my side. It getting really freaky. When I just finished breakfast, the bus horn honked. I grabbed my bag and went to the bus and got on. Four seats from the back sat Heidi, patting the seat beside her excited. I sat down.
         “So how did last night go?” She elbowed me lightly.
         “How did you know about my date?” I asked in a hushed tone.
         “Some of Jake’s friends were talking about it.” she replied.
         “The date wasn’t that bad. He took me to his house and no one was home.” I said bored. Heidi gasped.
         “Did you... you know... umm...” She started seriously.
         “No we didn’t do anything. He just kissed me a few times and then we talked, and then I went home.” I lied.
         “Oh. Okay.” We were at school. When I saw Jake in the hallway my mind screamed ‘BREAK UP WITH HIM!!’  I shook my head and walked up and held his hand. A enormous shiver chilled down my back. “OWWWWW!” I thought. Jake just smiled like he knew I was in pain and he enjoyed my pain. An evil feeling came upon me and made me feel like killing people. When Jake and I said goodbye after Spanish, the day went fast. I headed to my car as the final bell rang. Jake and his friends were only a little bit away and I overheard his conversation.
         “She’s not normal! She resisted my powers. No one can do that!” Jake insisted.
         “She must have powers too.” Shaun said.
         Shaun was Jake’s friend, he was always beside him. He was ten times taller than Jake... about 6' 4". Jake is about 6' 0". Shaun always has sharp looking brown hair, trimmed at the top like a buzz cut but then wings that went up by his forehead. He had golden eyes, and sometimes he has had purplish eyes when he is mad. I sneaked around the side of the shrub, where my car was parked, but continued to listen to their conversation.
         Half way through their conversation, Jason (Jake’s other friend) spotted me and tapped Jake on the shoulder and told him to look. I ducked some, but it didn’t work. Jake ran over to me, and pointed his fingers at me and slowly dragged them towards his body. Nothing happened. A bump on the concrete started to form, under my delicate feet. Wind started to blow and drive Jake away. He stopped the ‘finger pulling’ and stood there staring at me.
         “What did you just do?” He asked amazed.
         “Umm... I don’t know.” I starred cluelessly into his all of a sudden black eyes. He scowled at me then he turned towards his friends without a simple goodbye.
         I jumped into my shiny silver Mercedes Benz and started driving down my twisty road toward my house. The road seemed more curvy this time. The trees; which had started to loose leaves, seemed to try to grab at my car. I turned on the radio, but nothing was there but the screechy sound of static. I tried to turn the channel, but the tuner button was broken. My mind broke down, and then a water damn in front of my car burst all over the road and flooded it out. There was no way to get to my house now. I wasn’t going to get out because I was afraid of getting hurt.
         All of a sudden, out of the water flowed up this person. He just stood in front of my car, and starred at me. He started walking towards me, and I tried to put my car in reverse, but my keys were missing out of the ignition. I closed my eyes and concentrated on the wind, and suddenly, I felt my car and I being lifted up 30 feet into the air, way above the mysterious strange guy on the road. My car did a lurch forward out of the fog and over the broken bridge.
         When I had arrived home, my mom’s car was already in the driveway, and she wasn’t supposed to come home until 9:30 pm tonight, but at 6:30 pm, she was home. I unlocked the door and called for my mom.
         “Mom? Are you here?” I walked around the house silently, like a ghost through a wall.
         I tried to get into her bedroom, but the brightly coloured door was locked securely. I heard a little whimper from inside. I used my house key to unlock the door. I looked in her room. I saw no one, but when I went around the corner, I saw my mom on the floor with a knife jabbed into her stomach.
         “MOM!” I knelt down beside her. She lifted her head weakly.
         “Don’t touch the knife. Leave the phone. I love you, and this is the last time I’m going to speak to you my dear.”
         She could barely open her eyes, and I whispered ‘I love you too’ in her ear. I knew she wouldn’t die. She couldn’t. My dad was already dead, and she couldn’t die too. I shook her shoulders softly.
         “Mom, stay with me! Don’t go I need you! Who did this to you?” I almost screamed in terror.
         The last words out of her mouth before she died were ‘I love you.’ and ‘a vampire.’ A vampire? One of those creature that sucked your blood? One of those creatures that drained your blood so much that when their lips left your body, you would die? It couldn’t be, for a vampire wouldn’t be able to resist blood, and they had just stabbed my mother, so it couldn’t be! What did she mean? And why would they want my mom?
         I called 911 and got an ambulance here, so that she could be buried right. The funeral took several days to complete, and arrange. On her coffin it said ‘ucis de un vampir’ which meant ‘killed by a vampire’ in Romanian language. I engraved it myself. On the tombstone, it said the same thing. The only words running through my head were ‘ucis de un vampir’ while I was reading my parting letter to the rest of my family. A single tiny tear streamed down my face, and left a tear-stain.
         On my way out from the funeral, I saw a black thing pass through the woods. I was probably hallucinating, so I paid no attention to it. I got in my car and started heading home. I’d be living in that house with my Aunt soon. She started moving today, and I’ll be glad that she is going to take care of me, instead of me staying there by myself. If there was something out to get my mom, it’s probably out to get me. It was a rainy afternoon, and in my town... that was very unusual.
                      
         Still two days before my aunt was finally moved in. Although, she has been there, and taking me with her everywhere. I’ve been helping her pack up her clothes and stuff. So I’ve been working my butt off trying to help her, and then sleeping in my house by myself. Every night since my mom’s death, I haven’t been sleeping well. Tossing and turning and then seeing things in my room. Screeching against the window, and scraping like nails down a chalkboard. Shadows, spirits and noises that I see or hear occupy my filled brain.
                          
         A couple of days passed where I still saw shadows, heard eerie noises, and helped my aunt move in. But today was the day... I wouldn’t be in my house alone anymore. I still think that those things are coming... coming to take me away. My strengths, my powers; as Jake said anyway... they are all too wanted. They are too powerful. Apparently... people or vampires... will KILL for them. For they killed my mother.
© Copyright 2010 LH (jonasgirl10 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691467-Control-Freak