*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691471-The-Shortest-Summer-Ever
by Greek
Rated: E · Short Story · Nonsense · #1691471
This is about a girl who crams everything into her summer.
Summer is difficult to enjoy when you cram anything and everything into it. Sadly, that is what I have been doing. I'm Molly and I'm going into the eighth grade. I knew this summer was going to be short when my parents told me that we were going to Rocky Point the day after we got out of school. I didn't mind though, I loved Rocky Point. We were in the water all day long whether it was in the pool or in the ocean. My birthday party came right after that. It was my thirteenth birthday party and everything was chaos and I loved that it did. After my party and a few days after it I had British Soccer Camp and I haven't played for five years. I was surprised that I still had talent. Two weeks into June and had already done all that. The very next week I was heading to San Diego for Y.M.C.A. Camp Surf! I was so excited! I had surfed before and never been very good and that didn't change at camp. I played a game called GaGa while I was there. You're in a rink, with a playground ball and you hit it with a flat hand at other people. I got so good I was called Lady Gaga! Camp was over too soon and we were getting ready for our next trip: Yellowstone and the Grand Tetons. We took our camper and drove up through Utah, Idaho and Wyoming to get to Yellowstone, where we met up with my aunt, uncle and cousins we. We saw Old Faithful together and a whole bunch of other stink pots and geothermal activity. We also saw a ton of wildlife including a grizzly bear, bison and a moose. The drive to Grand Teton was simple and beautiful, except my sister, Quinn, rode with my cousins there and got lost along the way heading in the opposite direction. For me, the drive now became more interesting. I listed to my parents attempting to call them without cell service and with walkie-talkies that were too far away to reach them. I knew it was going to be okay the whole time. We finally showed up at Grand Teton with plenty of time to go swim in Jackson Lake (which by the way is freezing!). The Tetons are breath takingly huge and so pure of mountainous height, it was impossible to not stare at them! Leaving the Tetons was hard and the long drive back was unwelcoming. Finally arriving home was a great pleasure. Seeing that dogs and having them lick my face made my whole day!
© Copyright 2010 Greek (artemis5 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1691471-The-Shortest-Summer-Ever