*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692114-70-Love
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by MissBH
Rated: E · Other · Romance/Love · #1692114
A love story ... with a twist.
You'll be the prince,
and I'll be the princess.
It's a love story,
baby just say yes.
As I glanced out of my living room window, listening to the hit song Love Story, I thought about my own love story and wondered if I will ever get to have one. In the past three weeks, my friend Chloe has set me up on six dates. None of them were successful. I didn't feel even the smallest spark or sense of attraction with either of the men. I lit a fire and sat down in a lounge chair in my ex-boyfriend's sweater and track pants, missing him. That's one of the worst feelings I have ever had; missing someone who at one point was the best thing that ever happened to me. I started feeling like maybe I should just give up. Maybe I just wasn't meant to fall in love. Maybe God had plans for me that didn't involve having a husband or a family. Until Chloe called.
"Hey, girl! Guess who got you a date for tonight!!"
I thought to myself, here we go again!
"Chloe, maybe It's time for me to give up. I mean, think about it. I've had six dates already, and I wasn't attracted to any of them. Not just their looks but their personalities. I think that if It was going to happen, if I was going to fall in love, it would have happened by now."
"Cammy, you're a beautiful girl and you are going to fall in love. It will happen. But the thing is, it's not going to happen if you are just sitting on your ass by yourself, moping and complaining. You need to take risks and put yourself out there. You say that you want love, so make it happen! Just get out there, and keep trying, never give up!"
Chloe was truly an amazing friend. She never let me give up, and always new just how to pick up my mood and make me feel better.
We continued talking on the phone for about an hour and then it was time to go get ready, because I had a date at 7 o'clock, and I wanted this to be my best date yet. I had to look perfect.
I looked through my closet, full of pretty dresses and gowns. Chloe said that my mystery man wanted to take me to a very expensive restaurant, on him, so I had to dress formal.
I searched and searched and finally found the perfect dress to wear.
It was a white gown with diamond straps. It was the kind of dress that every girl wants to wear before she is swept off her feet by prince charming. It complimented my tanned arms and legs perfectly, and brought out the blue in my eyes.
I sat down in my make-up chair and began " putting on my face " . My real struggle was the decision of whether or not I should put my hair up. When it was down, my dark brown, wavy hair looked so natural, like I hadn't bothered to do anything to it, but it still looked beautiful. When it was up, it looked like I had spent way too much time on it, but it did look formal and went well with the dress. I decided to wear it down, because it shaped my face nicely and the length was perfect with the gown.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
When I arrived at the Moulin Rouge restaurant, I saw Chloe sitting near the back with my mystery man, and she waved me over.
"Cammy!! This is your date tonight, his names Justin. Justin this is Cameron, but I call her Cammy!" Chloe smiled as she introduced us. I smiled and sat down, as Chloe got up, said goodbye and left.
Well now, this is akward, I thought to myself.
"Miss Cameron, I-I just wanted to say that you, you look very beautiful tonight." Justin said, with a big smile on his face.
"Chloe told me all about you while we were waiting, but you're nowhere near what I expected. Your..better. Much better."
"Aw, Justin. That's so nice of you. I have to be honest, I thought you were going to be just another geek that Chloe set me up with. She has set me up on six dates in the past three weeks, and they were all goofy and geeky. You're the first one I actually feel attracted to." I said, extremely shocked and clueless as to why Chloe hadn't snatched him up already!!
We got to talking, and then it was time to order.
"Hi, I'm Juscam. I will be your waiter this evening. What can I get for you two?".
" I would like two lobsters for me and the lady." Justin winked at me and whispered to me, asking if that was okay. Of course it was!
"Yeah, what he said!" I smiled as the waiter nodded his head and walked away.
Moulin Rouge was such a beautiful restaurant, it must have been 5 star. The walls had all been decorated, and the chandeliers looked brand-new and very expensive. Not to mention, the scenery from the outdoor seating area was incredible. It had the best view in town of the beach and lake.
As I looked out the window and enjoyed the scenery, I heard a sound. Justin was singing to me.
Every now and then, i get a little lost.
Strings all get tangled, and wires all get crossed.
Every now and then, im right upon the edge,
dangling my toes, out over the ledge.
I just thank god you're here.
Cause when im a bullet shot out of a gun,
when im a firecracker coming undone,
when im a fugitive ready to run,
all wild eyed and crazy,
no matter where my reckless soul takes me ;
baby you save me .
Am I dreaming? Pinch me. This cannot be real. Not only did Justin just sing me that song, one of my favorite love songs, but his voice--he has an incredible voice. It's so HOT!
"Justin, that was amazing!"
"No, you're amazing. I'm just really lucky that I got to meet you, and I hope that we can continue seeing each other after this?"
"Are you kidding me? Of COURSE we can! I am definitly the lucky one here. I have you! " I had the biggest smile across my face.
----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"That was an amazing date, and I'm so glad Chloe set us up. Who would have thought I would fall in love on a first date?!" Justin said as he walked me to my door.
I stopped.
"W-wait. You're in love with me?" I asked, completely shocked.
"Yes. Well, at least I think I am. All I know is that tonight, I will not be getting any sleep, because I will not be able to stop thinking about you, and wondering when I will see you next." He said as he leaned in to kiss me.
It was a picture-perfect. We kissed, until the sprinklers came on, just like they do in every romance movie.
We ran up the steps to my front door and walked inside.
"As if! I am soaked!" I gasped, shivering.
We both laughed.
Justin took off his jacket and put it on me, before leaning in to kiss me again.
"Call me tomorrow?" He said, smiling sweetly, as he headed out the door.
"Yeah, definitly." I smiled and giggled like a little school girl who has her first crush.
"WAIT! Your jacket?!" I grabbed the door.
"No, you can keep it. It will remind you of me." He walked down the stairs, then looked back and smiled up at me with a wink.
I giggled sweetly and closed the door.
Finally, I can throw away my ex-boyfriend's clothes, because now I have a new man in my life! How did this happen? Just this afternoon, I was sitting by the fire in my ex's clothes, complaining about how I am never going to find love and I am giving up. Then, after one date, I have fallen in love. Is this crazy or what?! All I know is, I could die tomorrow and my life would be complete.
------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
"Hi, it's Chloe, sorry I couldn't be there to take your call but leave a message and I'll get back to you!"
"Chloe, yeah it's me, Justin. I did it. I made her fall in love with me. The date's over now, can you bring me my money? I want the whole $50, plus an extra $30 for my jacket that I just gave her. You promised, don't break a promise Chlo'. Love you, see you tomorrow babe."
© Copyright 2010 MissBH (missbh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692114-70-Love