*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692996-Chasing-Paradise-Chap-9-Lost-Tribe
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Other · Action/Adventure · #1692996
Are the vampires truly working with the Lost Tribe? Or are there other they're with?
Lost Tribe

                   “We're almost there, Willow! Run a little faster,” Holly panted back to her as they ran on all fours.
                   Willow grumbled to herself and picked up her speed a little bit. After a few more minutes she could see the glow of firelight as it shone through the black forest. As both Willow and Holly got closer to the Lost Tribe's village they slowed down and changed back to their human forms. At the edge of their campsite Holly stopped Willow and said,”Willow, when we enter the Lost Tribe's home we you must be calm and alert; any unnecessary or angering remarks could set them on fire, and right now that's not what we want. So, both of us, must be patient and willing to hear them out so long as they do too. I know that they're teamed up with the two vampires, but, nonetheless, they are fellow werewolves and we must help them because of that.”
                   Willow slowly nodded her head, unwilling to go along with it, but ,knowing that if she didn't comply with Holly's plan, things could go in a negative direction; they cautiously walked into the Lost Tribe's village.
                   When Holly and Willow emerged into the Lost Tribe's home many of the elder wolves gave them angry snarls and hisses as they passed by. The younger children gave them curious looks until their mothers rushed them off somewhere else, so they wouldn't be able to observe their arch enemies. Soon enough there was dead silence as all the whispering, snarling, and hissing werewolves ceased their chatter; as they continued to stand still waiting for the Tribe's leader to come forth, Willow felt like she was standing in the middle of a ghost town.
                   While waiting, Willow took note of her surroundings. The clearing that she was standing in was a bit smaller then the one her tribe was situated in, and the flooring of the ground was almost totally carpeted in pine needles because their clearing was surrounded by many more coniferous trees then deciduous. They had two fire pits, one on the east and west sides of their clearing; in the middle sat, who seemed to be, their male leader.
                   When he took notice of the two unknown werewolves standing a few yards across from him he bristled and motioned for his two advisers to go scope out the two outsiders. He remained seated staring daggers at the two females as his cronies walked over to them.
                   “What do you two traitors want with us?” a very burly, hairy, and tall werewolf asking, putting a menacing emphasis on the word traitors.
                   If I remember correctly, you guys are the traitors, Willow thought irritatedly to herself.
                   “We wish to have a meeting with your tribe leader,” Holly replied calmly, making sure to not show any of her hidden emotions.
                   “Why should we?” the short pudgy werewolf next to the burly one snorted at them.
                   “We were sent here on Dr. Rogers behalf to discuss with you a matter of complete urgency concerning the humans.”
                   The burly werewolf's face turned from a mocking sneer to a serious frown and he grumbled,”Follow.”
                   Both of the werewolves lead them over to their leader, who was watching them walk over with a inquisitive look on his grubby face. As they walked Willow noticed that everyone was following them; they were also curious as to why the two advisers were letting the traitors have a council with their leader. About three yards away from the leader the werewolves put a hand up to stop Holly and Willow so they could privately converse with him before allowing them to talk to him.
                                                           ~♥~
                   Alex was running and running and running, wait, no, he was floating....he was floating through the woods! Trees flew by him as he wafted past them; he was searching for one person and one person only: Maggie. He knew she would be just up ahead by the stream getting a drink, he knew she would be there, but he didn't know how. His vision turned blood red and he became thirsty at the anticipation of finally getting the chance to taste the delicious blood of a werewolf.
                   Stop! Stop, what am I thinking, Alex asked himself frantically.
                   There! There she is; it's time, a slithery voice exclaimed excitedly inside Alex's mind, as he began to see Maggie's slim frame in the near distance by the all-too-familiar stream of his old home. Suddenly, he gained speed and swooped down upon the unknowing female werewolf. Her ear piercing scream filled the forest as he bit into her fleshy neck; blood seeped down her neck and into his mouth as energy spilled throughout his body.
                   Stop! What are you doing?! Please stop, Alex pleaded shakily while watching the monster he was drink  her sweet hot blood.
                   A bloodcurdling moan echoed through his ears as he groaned at the pleasure of the tasty thick liquid spreading through his cold veins. He disengaged his fangs from the cold neck of Maggie's body, which was now hanging limp in his thin arms, and looked at the dead werewolf in glee. This was his first werewolf he'd ever killed, but it wouldn't be his last.
                   Now, for the heart, the evil voice mused overjoyed and reached inside the deceased chest of the bluing werewolf.
                   No! Stop! STOP, Alex screamed with all his might, but he knew he would have no affect on what the vampire was about to do.
                   Finally, after much bone cracking and fumbling around, the blood-sucker held Maggie's bloody lifeless heart in his white palm. He licked his razor sharp teeth and shoved the heart into his mouth; Alex tried to shut his eyes, but they wouldn't let him escape the horrific sight displayed before him. He was forced to watch himself gobble the organ down his throat, and he knew that if he could he would have thrown up.
                   The scene changed and he was now watching Vaughn and Killian having a discussion with Logan and Even behind some bushes in the woods he'd been living in the past six years. Whatever they were talking about was pleasing both the vampires and the werewolves because all four of them had evil smiles dancing across their faces; Alex was now able to hear what they were talking about.
                   “So, how did it go? Did the humans buy it?” Logan asked the two vampires standing in front of him.
                   “They certainly did. It was just too easy to drink their children's blood, and then make them believe that the werewolves were the culprits behind it. It was quite delicious I might also add,” Vaughn informed him joyously.
                   “Good. It's going just as they said it would. When will the battle begin?”
                   “Tomorrow. The humans want them all dead.”
                   “Wonderful! You two will accompany the humans in the shadows and help kill them all off. And then we'll finally have our honor return to us; we'll be unstoppable!”
                   After the last few words of Logan's sentence were uttered Alex's vision ended and he found himself lying on the matted down grass of the training field gasping for air with sweat dripping down his face. He was paralyzed where he was; he couldn't believe what he'd just seen.
                   That means.....that means that the vampires made the humans believe that we'd killed them, when actually they were the ones who killed them. More importantly, they were also the ones who killed Maggie. That's unforgivable! But, what did they mean when Logan said “It's going just as they...”. Who or what is this they, Alex thought to himself, analyzing everything he'd seen in his vision.
                   “Alex, there you are! We've fig....” he heard Jeremy's voice turn to relief and then change to worry when he saw his best friend's body lying on the ground; he ran over to him and said,”Hey, are you okay?”
         Alex looked up at Jeremy with anger in his eyes. “I had a vision that revealed that Vaughn and Killian, the vampires, were the ones who killed the children of the humans at our old home, remember? That was the reason they declared war on us, and all that time Vaughn and Killian were the ones behind it. Not only that, but Vaughn was the one who killed Maggie,” he told Jeremy furiously, leaving out the part where Logan mentioned them. He watched as Jeremy's expression changed to confusion to astonishment and then back to confusion. As Jeremy took all Alex told him in, Alex got up and stretched his muscles.
                   “But....that's impossible, they couldn't have killed her. It's nonsensical...”
                   “No, it's not, Jeremy. It makes perfect sense. Do you really think that the humans who lived around us at that time could've really savagely killed her like the Kings found her? I know I don't, and I don't intend to let this thing go. For all I care, the Lost Tribe can just get caught by the humans,” Alex told Jeremy determined, looking him straight in the eyes.
                   “You forget that Holly and Willow just went over to warn them about the humans, and that if they were found by the humans Dr. Rogers would be in much trouble. We couldn't do that to him after all the kindness he's shown us these past few years,” Jeremy said, looking away from Alex's penetrating gaze and standing up,”Oh, and, Quinn and Dr. rogers have figured out where we're going to go, they just need help with strategic moves; that's where you come in.”
                   “Well, good, then I can tell them all about Vaughn and Killian and the Lost tribe.”
                   “They're gonna wanna know how you know that, and they don't know about your visions, and even if they did I highly doubt they would believe you.”
                   “I can't and I won't let this go; after what they did to her,” he shuddered, remembering what he saw himself, or rather Vaughn, do in the vision,”If you'd have seen what he did to her you'd feel the same. I will get my revenge, and I will kill them.”
                                                           ~♥~
                   Once the werewolves had finished speaking privately with their leader they backed away from him and he motioned the two female wolves forward. When she got up close to him, Willow could see that he was very aged and old and he was sitting on an animal rug.
                   “Holly, it's been a long time hasn't it? The last time I saw you you were just a slip of a girl, but now look at you! You're all grown up,” he said in a rather cheerful tone and motioned for them bot to sit close to him;  by that time all the other werewolves had scattered. In reply Holly smiled back at him and they both sat on the needle covered ground.
                   “Before anything else I wish to tell you that I have recognized the seriousness of our actions from way back when and have forgiven what your tribe and all the other tribes did to us. However, most of the people in this tribe have not, but I do hope that you and the others have also been able to forgive us.”
                   “First off, I too and my tribe have long forgiven yours. Second, my tribe is the only tribe left ; I have much to tell you.”
                   What are you talking about, Holly? He has to be lying because he's ganged up with the vampires. Holly, you've forgiven them or are you bluffing, too, Willow asked herself, her eyes shifting from Holly to the other tribe's leader and then back again.
                   “I need to make an announcement yo all of my tribe quickly. We need to leave at once, but before I do there is something I must tell you,” the tribe leader, Anthony, said, but before he could tell them what it was there was a loud howl coming from behind where they were sitting.
                   As Willow stood up and turned around, she lifted her eyes and saw that atop the hill in back of her was a trio of werewolves; all were in their wolf forms. At the front of the triangle was a large gray-brown wolf; both the other wolves were smaller then he was. The one on his right had a sandy coat, and the one on his left had russet colored fur.
                   What's going on? I thought the Lost Tribe was ganged up with the vampires? If this is the Lost Tribe, then who are they and what do they want, as all of these questions floated through Willow's mind, she noticed two very familiar faces behind the trio of werewolves. Both Vaughn and Killian, who she hadn't seen since her childhood, were hiding in the shadow's.
                   Her eyes narrowed and, without thinking, she transformed. After she finished changing her eyes met with those of the head werewolf of the trio and she let out a wild battle cry and raced past all the werewolves still standing still in their human forms, plunging into the bloody fight to come.
                                                           ~♥~
                   “Arg! How long does it have to take? We've been here for over an our wait for the news,” Alex complained pacing back and forth, a bad habit he'd grown to do whenever he got worried.
                   “Oh, come now, Alex, I'm sure they'll come racing through the trees any minute with good news,” Lily said trying to reassure him.
                   What little you know, he thought to himself; he still hadn't had the chance to tell her what he'd seen in his vision, Oh, Willow, I hope you're safe.
                   Another half hour passed by and Alex began to pace faster and faster each minute. Suddenly, a bright aqua blue beam shot through the trees up to the sky in the direction of the Lost Tribe's home followed by Willow's war cry and a hundred other colorful beams.
                   “Willow,” Alex said softly and changed onto all fours, charging into the forest towards the Lost Tribe's area; he didn't bother waiting for his friends and other tribe members.
                   He slowed down as he began to near the Lost Tribe's village; he'd clearly taken a different path then Holly and Willow because he never caught a sniff of their scent. All he could smell the whole way there were the smells of many other werewolves he didn't know of and the two odious scents of Vaughn and Killian, his childhood nightmares.
                   When he reached close to the center of the clearing he saw Willow's white pure body rush at a shaggy gray werewolf at the top of a hill in front of him. When they finally clashed together in a nasty fight many more roars and hisses rose from all the other wolves standing around. Many other werewolves spilled over the hill and charged to where everyone else was transforming, getting ready to join the fight themselves.
                                                           ~♥~
© Copyright 2010 MikaChan (mikachan12 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1692996-Chasing-Paradise-Chap-9-Lost-Tribe