*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693030-Fall-in-line--Black-Hawk-Down-Chapter-1
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Other · #1693030
Based on the actual event, and book by Mark Bowden
Somalia, East Africa
October 2 1993
U.S Airport Mogadishu Base


I never had reason to doubt myself.
I never doubted myself not once, actually that would be a lie.
But then again why should I start doubting myself now?
A few people thought I shouldn’t be here, the Delta boys impractically thought I shouldn’t be here, the highest spots in the military weren’t open to females.
Some rangers had come to accept me, I think they realized they were stuck with me – that was until my position as liaison was terminated.

I sat on a conex box, going through paperwork that I didn’t want to do.
Something hit my ear and I turned around, Corporal Jamie Smith sat on his bed, with a straw hanging out of his mouth. A piece of white paper rolled into my hands. Jamie grinned.

-Aint you meant to be doing paper work? I asked
Jamie sat up and crossed his legs.
-that’s what I’m doing, I take the paper and make it work
he made some sort of face and started fiddling with something on his bed sheet.


I got up off the conex box ad walked over his bed. The hanger was quite empty it was only me and a few other rangers, Delta had a separate hanger.


The Rangers and D-boys got into too many fights. Hence the separate hangers, the D-boys thought they were like god in the army and viewed all rangers as scum. Especially me, as far as they were concerned I wasn't ment to be here the highest regiments in the military were not open to women.
That’s why the hated me the fact that I had got in, actually my position got me in. I was from Israel, I ran away when I was 16, I was smuggled into America by some friends in the CIA, which practically handed me over to Mossad. He also hated me because his father was in Israel few years back and got in some trouble with Mossad and didn't come back.


I was now a liaison between the Israeli-American army. Which I got no say in, I was technically bribed if I left the liaison position, I wouldn't be a ranger.


Jamie was watching me walk over to him, her grinned sheepishly
-hello Ari.
-hi
-coming over to join me?


I glaired at him, his dog tags hung around his scrawny neck and his shirt was soaked with sweat. I raised my eyes brow and walked to the entrance of the hanger, completely forgetting about the conex box, I tripped over it I was now lying on my stomach, face pressed against the hard concrete floor. I could hear laughing I looked around Jamie jumped off the bed and ran over to help me up, he was trying to contain his laughter.


Brilliant make a total idiot out of myself nothing unusual for me, I made a dickhead of myself in front of year 11’s when I was in year 8 by falling off a chair why should me at work be any different?


I was on my feet Jamie was holding my shoulders, I shook him off. The rangers that were in the hanger where Lance Twombly, Shawn Nelson, Matt Eversmann, Dominick Pilla, Richard Kowalewski and Kowalewski’s mates, Kowalewski and his mates were crying with laughter, Eversmann and Nelson had come over to help me up.


Kowalewski was one ranger who didn’t accept me here, he hated my guts and quite frankly I hated his. He was immature I tried to ignore his constant coughs of “*whore"and “slut” as I walked past.


-you right Ari? Eversmann asked smiling, I forced a little smile Matt was another one of my best friends he was a great bloke and stuck up for me a lot. A few of the other rangers thought there was something going on between us, we both knew there wasn’t. Besides it wasn’t him I fancied.


-Peachey, peachey was my favourite word at the moment, they smirked Kowalewski was still laughing so were his mates.


-OI! Alphabet shut your bloody mouth. Or I’ll court marshal you
Alphabet stopped laughing and returned to the chat with his mates. I really hated the loser, and his mates they were trying to get my liaison position terminated so I’d be sent back.
-on what charge? I asked
-oh I dont know it sounded good
Matt said, Nelson handed me my paper work
-Thanks Shawn
-no probs
I walked out of the hanger making sure I didn't trip over anything else, I was now standing in the middle of the compound the sun was high in the sky.


So far we had been in Mogadishu for a little over a month, the sun was getting to me and being called back time after time was starting to piss me off.
Delta however got to have all the fun, lucky people
I was standing in the middle of the compound, there was the distant pop of gunfire from the shooting range.
I walked into the main office, like per usual Specialist John Grimes sat chained to his desk, drinking coffee and advidly smoking. Grimes looked up as I walked in.
-Paper work? He asked, I nodded, I had a soft spot for Grimes he was neglected by practically everyone apart from me and my friends
-so how are things going?
Grimes asked as I put the paperwork on the stack of files
-meh, they're alright, I just tripped before
-pfft your a douche.


I smiled, Grimes got up to make me a coffee. It's going to be a really long day.

A/N: I do not own anybody from Black Hawk Down, I own Ariana though I may add a few other men in soon, Hope you liked it :)
© Copyright 2010 Libitina Death (brokenenglish at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693030-Fall-in-line--Black-Hawk-Down-Chapter-1