*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693181-The-Last-Sunset
Rated: 13+ · Prose · Relationship · #1693181
The moment that the love of your life is lost...

The sun sets on the last day of hope, beginning the first day of the emptiness that will fill my soul for the rest of my life.  As the last ray of hope was disappearing beyond the horizon, so clear and close, I reached out, attempting to embrace the last tangent of possibility and joy, but the light elluded my reach, and fell over the edge of the earth, forever lost, forever turned to another world, to another life without me... 

Standing in the lightless aftermath, I smell the fringe of bittersweet memories drifting through the dark breeze, stirring my gut, the grit shredding my heart.  My soul convulses as the precious dreams escape my will and the perfect desire is forced to be forsaken... As the stars flicker, useless and futile, I am forlorned, showered with loneliness.  Your life without me dawns...
© Copyright 2010 KatrinaMay (katrinamay at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693181-The-Last-Sunset