*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693198-Fight-or-give-up-to-loneliness
Rated: E · Essay · Emotional · #1693198
When rocks are being thrown at us the important thing is what we build with them
In one's life there have been moments in which he was offended,oppressed,hurt by words or deeds of other people that for sure have affected his feelings,causing him mental suffering.Often those words and deeds are being compared to rocks,because just like rocks cause wounds to the person,they are being thrown at,the words and deeds hurt him too but more deeply and permanently.But what is important for the person in that moment?Should he give up to pain,let it get a hold of him,isolate him from everyone and everything else,building wide walls around him, or should he fight against it,using those rocks to build a stout and steady bridge,trough which to pass the strong current of the river and move on completely dry and unscathed?
  The person,who chooses to give up to pain,does that because he doesn't feel strong enough to cope with it or just because he doesn't have the support needed to encourage him.But by making that decision he refuses to participate in the battle for his own happiness.By building those walls he falls into a trap,from which he cant escape on his own.Those walls surround his heart,closing it tightly as in a box and every time he accepts the pain from another rock,they become wider and wider and the box becomes smaller and smaller.But while the walls are being built,that person gradually isolates himself from the people around him,making it impossible for them to get to know his true "I" and by doing that he vows to loneliness.This loneliness can reach such extremes with time that he can get into the state of resignation.It's impossible in these conditions for him to be happy because he hasn't let anyone reach his heart,there is no one close to him,no one with whom to share his most sacred feelings and thoughts and trough which he can reveal and evolve his qualities and abilities.That is the way of being happy,when this person is evolving,when he is in the so called "moving",when he lives and not just exists.But by building those walls and accepting the loneliness as his one and only friend he is not evolving anymore.He is in that state of stagnation in which it is impossible to be happy.Even if he realizes that his decision let him to this condition and give everything he can to get out of his own trap,he won't succeed because every time he accepted a new pain with it came new rocks that made the walls tougher and wider, too strong for the person to destroy them on his own.But there is something that can destroy them.If that person directs his efforts in searching of closeness from somebody who hasn't thrown rocks at him, and gives a chance to that closeness to become deeper the walls will fall by themselves.Giving up to pain and building walls isn't the only solution.He can use the rocks to build a bridge and pass the river bellow so that he can move on fully dry and unscathed.But to do that he has to have the mental strength that is received from the happy moments in life,belief in his success and determination that won't let him give up when it gets hard.He has to know how to use those rocks,how to put them so that he can build a strong and difficultly destroyable bridge and when he walks on top of it to be sure that it won't break off and he to fall in the river,where the current,made faster from the pain,will get him deeper and deeper until it comes a moment in which he will be too tired to carry on fighting and he would give up.But if he succeeds in building such a bridge he will be able to move on,to pass the river,that obstacle for his heart, and to continue his life,taking every risk and intimacy,that can bring him happiness,without fear that he will have to fight against pain again because he would know how to overcome it,by building another bridge.
© Copyright 2010 M.Georgieva (milica93 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693198-Fight-or-give-up-to-loneliness