*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693227-sweating-eights
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: 18+ · Short Story · Biographical · #1693227
A hand at the poker table.
Three am.,  twevle hour session and I am down 10g's!.  I just rebuoght for $3000.00 and posted the big blind $20.00.

The dealer is flicking the whole cards so fast they seem to be whizzing.  I take a deep breath as I watch the under the gun player look at his hold cards.-

He's folding, he has the tell- tale signs of a quitter. The next three players fold,  The hijack looks at his cards, licks his lips and  bets $100.00,  The button calls,  small blind folds, I look down at 8d8c and call.

That quiet of antcipation takes over while we wait on the flop.

While I am looking at the raiser as the flop is revealed,    Ad Qc  5h,  his face becomes flat and he leans forward in his chair. ( bad sign for me he connected).  He bets $300.00!!  The button  goes all-in for a $1000.00.

I look to my left and  the finest rail bird I have ever seen winks at me.  I looked over her perfect body took a deep breath and returned to my problem,,,,

This  is poker hell, middle pair facing a raise and a re raise, usually a auto fold but something feels wrong.

as I said I am down 10g's and it seems these guys are testing me.. I smooth call and the first raiser completes.

The turn is a 8h.

I can here my heart in my ears as i make sure not to give off any information.  The pot is $3300.00 and I can't wait to get it all in.

Under the gun checks;  I check and motion to the rail bird to come closer.(damn she is perfect)

The dealer deals the turn Qd

UTG bets out, he puts $4000.00 into the pot. I snap call!!

UTG turns over queens; the button has pocket aces and I. win with a full house..


As I stack the chips and the dealer deals the next hand I wonder how I ended up here.





© Copyright 2010 daplayer (dayplayer at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693227-sweating-eights