*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693418-untitled-death-note-fan-fiction
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1693418
this is my first death note one-shot
so this was inspired by ChaosSoda's writing prompt: You meet your current fictional character crush (in their world or ours, you decide). You decide to confess your love for them- how do you do it? Do they reject you, or accept your confession of love? (or, alternatively, are you even able to work up the courage to confess?)



it seemed like this case was never going to end, like we were never going to catch kira. And as much as i wanted to see kira brought to justice I just couldn't take it anymore. L. and I hadn't been getting along at all lately, and everything was so tense I just...needed to get away for awhile.
of course things would be allot easier if L. and I were getting along again but obviously that wasn't going to happen. I THOUGHT that L. and i had become pretty close friends (with all the bonding over cake and whatnot we did) but then he started in on his stupid shit of not letting anyone get close to him and started to distance himself from me. now he won't even talk to me unless he has to and it was pissing me off.
L. was the only really good friend I ever had so obviously him ignoring me hurt. finally after I couldn't take it anymore I blew up at him. "What the fuck it you're problem?!?!?" he just stared at me with a confused look. "one week you act like we're best friends and the next you act like I don't even exist! are you really THAT paranoid about letting people get close to you?."
"I’m just being cautious" he said without emotion. "I still have no way of knowing whether or not you're kira" he continued.
"BULL SHIT!" I shouted. "STOP MAKING FUCKING EXCUESES!!! You know DAMN well that I’m NOT kira!!! you've figured that out awhile ago. All you're doing is lying to yourself! this has absolutely nothing to do with kira! you're just afraid to let yourself care about anybody, so you think of every excuse you can to push them all away. well I’m tired of trying with you...if you want to push me away then FINE it's your loss because this time you're the one pushing away the one person that actually loves you!!" I stopped when I realized what I had just said. 'Love?' L. just gave me a confused expression. then finally he started to say something but I didn't even give him a chance to respond instead I turned and ran out.
"Damnit..." I shouted once I was outside. "Love...really?"I hadn't meant to say that...it just sort of... slipped out. I mean first off I wasn't even sure if it was true I liked him allot yeah but love? did I really love him? I sighed as I realized that as much as I wished it wasn't right now, it was true...somewhere along the way I had managed to fall in love with him. But honestly it didn't really matter because he didn't feel the same way about me hell, he apparently didn't even want me as a friend.
great so now he will probably thought I was some kind of freak! Damnit I was always screwing something up! I had originally intended on possibly telling him after the kira case was solved and our lives were no longer in danger. of course I knew L. wouldn't even want to think about love during the case and even then he probably wouldn't but at least then if he turned me down I could just leave and never see him again but now...I still had to go back there...I needed to investigate the case, damnit I still had to face him and the embarrassment...
when I got home my answering machine light was blinking...I had three messages from L. telling me to meet him right away, and that he needed to talk to me. "forget that" I mumbled turning it off there was no way I was going to meet him...he probably just wanted to tell me that he didn't love me and honestly I didn't want to hear it. I decided to see him in the investigation head quarters only and talk ONLY about the case....obviously don't handle rejection all that well...
the next day I went to the investigation headquarters as usual to help out with the case. as soon as I got there L. came up to me. "Ai" he said. "Did you not get your messages last night? I need to talk to you."
"I’m only talking about the case" I said coldly, avoiding meeting his eyes. I already knew what he had to say....I just didn't want to hear it. L. stared at me for a minute before sighing.
"I think you need to hear this" he said still trying to get me to look at him. I sighed..."only the case" I mumbled still looking down at the floor. "Please?" he said. "Just talk to me for one minute and if you still want to talk only about the case then that's what we'll do." he sounded so sad I couldn't help it I sighed finally looking up. "Ok fine two minutes" I mumbled.
"Follow me" he said grabbing my hand and pulling me into another room I followed. (Obviously because he was pulling me lol) he pulled me into an empty room and shut the door. We stood there for awhile neither saying anything when finally L. spoke up. "So I need to ask you a question" he said. I waited. "Did you mean it?" he finally asked.
"Huh?" I replied stupidly not understanding what he was saying. "When you said you loved me?" he continued. "Did you mean it?"
"No" I mumbled quickly looking down again. "I mean yes" I added quickly deciding that I didn't want to lie to him. L. just stared at me...looks like it was his turn to be confused. I sighed and looked back up at him. "Yes I meant it but I shouldn't of said it. It was stupid. and you don't have to say anything I already know you don't feel the same way" he started to say something more but I stopped him. "Look" I said "let's just pretend that this never happened and go work on the case" with that I turned to leave.
"Wait!" he called after me grabbing my arm. I turned to face him. "At least let me say what I was going to" he said. I looked up at him and of course I couldn't say no to him. "Fine" I muttered. He smiled and leaned in closer to me. "I mean it to" he whispered. I just stared at him stupidly. "I love you" he continued. I was too dumbfounded to speak of all the things this was certainly NOT what I was expecting. Then he did (if possible) something even more unexpected, he leaned in and KISSED me!!!
After about a minute he pulled away. he stood back and stared at me waiting for my response. a breathless "holy...shit..." was all I could manage at the moment I was still to shocked. L. seemed confused…by my response. “you didn’t like it?” he asked sadly. I smiled. He was just to adorable. “How’s this for an answer” I asked. With that I leaned in and kissed him again.


© Copyright 2010 iloveL4e (ilovel4e at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1693418-untitled-death-note-fan-fiction