*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694610-CHRISTINA
by antang
Rated: E · Short Story · Experience · #1694610
Christina and her odd world. p.s. its my assignment for English. :)
CHRISTINA

What an odd experience I had last summer. I went to the province with my family and stayed there for a month. My first two weeks was terribly boring, my feet were aching to return in the city. Aside from painting and reading books there was nothing to do. I usually lingered in the meadow under a big tree and unconsciously fell asleep. However, my weary routine has changed when I met Christina. Oh, how I mystified by Christina. I remember the first time I saw her. I was reading book at the same tree one late afternoon when a girl- very prim and proper- was swaying on the meadow has caught my attention. She was as if floating in the air while the wind blew her hair. She was swirling gracefully until she stopped- I guess because of dizziness- lay on the grass and started shouting some sort of “woohoo” I barely heard it. I was a little bit far from her. I was strangely amazed by her presence. We were both alone so I thought of befriending her. At first she hesitated. She seems afraid of me. I came closer to her and started a conversation to ease the atmosphere between us but she said nothing except when she told me I could call her Chris. I can’t stand the quietness I was receiving from her. She seems uncomfortable beside me. Then a couple of minutes after, she left.

The next day, she was there again. Unexpectedly approaching and bringing a big smile for me. Her attitude was totally different from the day before as well as how she dressed up. She’s bolder and louder. She kept talking optimistically about her life. I enjoyed our exchange of mutual ideas on various things. We really enjoyed each other’s company, that’s why we agreed of meeting again the day after. However, she didn’t come. I wonder where she was. Was there anything bad that happened? Worried, I decided of stopping by their house on my way home. Surprisingly, she was on their balcony sitting on a wooden rocking chair. She looked just fine, she stared at me blankly. I smiled at her but she didn’t smile back. I asked her if something bothering her but she spoke nothing. She became the girl who I first saw on the meadow. I went home hurt, I felt rejected. I wanted to talk to her but it seems she wasn’t interested in me. I fell asleep disturb of what had happened.

My mom woke me up on the following day. She told me I have a visitor named Tina. Who’s Tina? I thought. I hurriedly changed my sleepwear. I headed to our living room and saw Chris. Mom must have mistaken by calling her Tina. She was smiling at me as if nothing happened. “Chris, what are you doing here?” I asked her immediately. I was disappointed. I couldn’t stop myself being emotional. “Silly you, I’m Tina. Chris is my twin“ she answered while holding my hand. She looked sincere.

“I’m sorry about yesterday. Chris and I had a problem, I wanted to see you but she didn’t let me to do so. She told me you might steal me away from her which is very immature way of thinking. . . Anyway, she’s here with me. I convinced her to apologize with how she acted yesterday.” What a relief, I thought. But she never told me she have a twin sister, I don’t mind it though. “Oh wow, so you have twin sister, let her come in!”

“She’s already here” Tina said. Suddenly Tina’s countenance changed. An expression that was very familiar. Even her posture changed. “Hi” she said timidly with a very low voice. I froze. I couldn’t say anything. “I’m very sorry about my behavior yesterday and for not letting Tina to see you.” she continued. That was the voice I first heard on the meadow. I was puzzled. “Wait . . . what are you talking about?” I tried to laugh, I tried to be calm but I failed. I wanted to shout but I couldn’t speak. My tongue were trembling. “Ah, I knew this will be happening. . .” the other voice butted in. “Yes, we’re twins and we live on the same body. . . “







“That’s why we don’t have so many friends, Chris.”



End. :>

© Copyright 2010 antang (antangan at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1694610-CHRISTINA