*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695204-Karma--the-riddle-of-life
Rated: E · Other · Pets · #1695204
Life is not merely the effect of our conscious choices.There is some unseen purpose.
I have lately been haunted by the theory of karma – the link between cause and effect, birth and rebirth. Personal suffering has opened the doors of introspection. The inner eye has opened as it were to new realties of our existence. I am convinced that not all occurrences are coincidental, not all relationships are  choice – born. There must be more to our life than what we perceive as reality. What is visible is not the perfect truth.



The death of a pet has deeply affected my mind as never before. I feel that even a pet must have had some link with our past life. The one month old stray cat walked into my home one night, famished and half dead. It appeared as if it walked into my place out of some intuition. The cat became part of the family. I was surprised that cats could show affection. The kitten followed me wherever I went ( inside the house of course). It slept beside me on my bed. It watched as I surfed the net, climbed into the car when cleaning it. Then tragedy struck one day. The kitten was killed by a stray cat when it ventured out. I was shell shocked. I felt a deep sense of bereavement for the first time in my life. The pain of the loss refused to go away even after months.



I began to wonder whether the kitten has had some link with my previous life. It stayed with me for a brief period perhaps to provide me with an opportunity to help it for some favour done in the previous life. There must be some connection with kitten in some life. Otherwise why was I so deeply affected by its death?



When I see people suffer I wonder what is it that made them undergo this deprivation. Could it be some bad karma of the previous life? The choices we make no doubt influence the outcome, but not everything can be explained by the decisions we make in life. The riddle of karma continues to preoccupy my mind. I am still searching for answers.

© Copyright 2010 navigator (vnmukund at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695204-Karma--the-riddle-of-life