*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695853-Living-your-dreams
Rated: E · Draft · Biographical · #1695853
Intro to my life
Ever since the age of 7, perhaps 8, my dream was to write a book. I’d begun writing in a booklet, making up great adventures of Mr. Rabbit and his helicopter. Adventures consisting of going to the beach and mistaking the neighbor for a burglar. I came probably as far as ten pages, and then I quit. I had this folder at home, on which I’d put the title: My Great Book of Stories, or something like that. I wrote beginnings of stories. I’ve never put the finishing touch to a single story. I guess I just didn’t know how. You know, writing a story costs a great amount of energy and courage. As soon as I thought I was failing a story, I’d leave it, and I’d never touch it again. Of course in those days I was too young to realize that failing is a part of growing, and I didn’t have enough courage to fail. Ever since I started writing, I wrote once a year, at the most, one page of this fantasy in my head, that I wanted so much to give birth to as a story. But soon enough they were just words on a screen that did not encourage me to continue. I’d save it for a while, and then I’d put an end to it by pushing the button saying ‘delete’. And that was it, end of story. Literally.

Currently I am constantly thinking about how important I think it is to live your life to the fullest, and try to achieve your dreams, to try hard, because I’m afraid that one day, when I’m all old and crumply, I’ll look back on my life and think: If I’d only done…
And my number one dream still is to write a book, and so I’ll have to practice to write, practice to finish something, and practice to fail. And that is where this blog comes in. Thinking that maybe someday someone will read my stories, pushes me to write down everything I have in me and make the best of it.

Live your dreams.
© Copyright 2010 Pukkeduck (pukkeduck at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1695853-Living-your-dreams