*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696053-Beginning
Rated: E · Essay · Experience · #1696053
A beginning piece just to get started. To get the juices flowing and fingers typing.
How do I start? Since my present thoughts are strongest, they will be how I start. What keeps other writers from writing? Fear of disclosure, and showing those personal private thoughts and characteristics that might invite judgment from others? Laziness? Because, unlike this kind of writing, which is simply regurgitating the current thoughts in my head though my fingers onto the keyboard, most writing requires some planning, thought, rewriting, mental work. But, before you run a marathon, you must put some shoes on and leave your house. So...I have registered with WDC, agonized over a username to the point I have embarrassed myself, and started this little diary type beginning, hoping it will somewhat be like leaving my house to go for that first run. Or walk. The marathon may or may not come. We'll have to see what happens.
© Copyright 2010 loveforwords (loveforwords at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696053-Beginning