*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696139-Let-the-Right-One-In
Rated: E · Essay · Dark · #1696139
A Descriptive representation of death.
As the world dissolves into the heat of the night, a silent souls stares out the window into the sky's oblivion...

Soft breeze whispers and calms the ever restless man, as his dreamy eyes can make out the shape of a girl standing outside the window.

"May I come in." She says, or was that the breeze.........?

A distant sound of knell and he falls into a slumber, the shadows of the tall trees visible from the window fall beneath the moonlit sky and exclaim their presence, the stars are hidden by partial clouds not daring to stand between the moon and its slumbering admirer.

The silence paused occasionally by the frog, the cricket, and owl. does not seem to mind the interruption, Sweet whispers of the rustling leaves create the illusion of maidens from paradise dancing, the heartbeat slows to give rhythm to their ever so grace dance so lacking in pace methinks.

The doors of the apartment locked from the inside, open to welcome the wife he thought was dead, the little children run across his bedroom making soft and sweet noises as they play, How long has it been since he had last seen them?

Peaceful yet disturbing glimpses of his life flashes upon his inward eye as he closes them for the last time.

Awaiting judgment he thinks, the calm night whispers all good he has done , and all bad that he will bear on his shoulders, as the claws of death mark his chest, the words of the whispering shadows still ringing in his dead ears "May I come In....." She says.

© Copyright 2010 AfterDark (s.karmakar at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696139-Let-the-Right-One-In