*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696258-Environment-Project
Rated: E · Short Story · Environment · #1696258
Kids from two different towns come together to make a cleaner environment for everyone.
Thursday March 28, 2026



         Today was a very long day. A bunch of garbage landed on the school today, so we had to clean all day long. Not like that’s anything new a lot of garbage has been thrown down into our town lately. I wish there was a way to go up to whoever is throwing all of there garbage on our town. I wonder what it looks like up there. Well, got to go, need to clean up our house now.



Addyson Jacobson, Addy

(Dirty Town)



Thursday March 28, 2026



         At school today we had our yearly trash relay. It was really fun. Our team got second. The goal of the game is to collect all of the garbage in your “area” then throw it over the edge. Whoever gets all of their trash over the fence first wins. Our team was doing really good until Lydia tripped over the tire. Natasha and I soon followed. Today was so much fun. Hope tomorrow is just as great!



Kaylee Claire, KC

(Clean Town)









Tuesday April 2, 2026

         My mom has been really sad lately. Our house is falling apart. Ever since Papa and Dad have passed away it seems as if everything has gotten worse. What can I do to help my mom though? I tried to fix up the house but it is so bad I don’t think I will be able to. I talked to my friends about it and Addyson, Devon, Leila, Alec, and Peter are coming over to see if they can help at all. They are really good friends, especially since their situations are pretty much as bad as mine. I wonder if there is a place that doesn’t have all of this trash everywhere. I guess I can wonder.

Ella Jones, EJ

(Dirty Town)



Tuesday April 2, 2026

         I’ve been thinking about my dad a lot. I know I never met him before, because he died before I was born, but I miss him just the same. He died in April and my mom is always really sad this time of year. So, I invited all of my friends over, Liam, Johnathon, Kaylee, Natasha, and Lydia. They always seem to make my mom happier. They are really good friends. I still have no idea what I am going to do for our project. We need to help the community in way, everyone else is going to pick up trash around the neighborhood. I would do that but there isn’t that much trash around here. Maybe I will learn about where the trash goes and help the community in that way. I guess I can’t spend too much time thinking about it. I need to go do my other homework now.

Aiden Johnson, AJ

(Clean Town)

Friday April 5, 2026

         I am so happy it is Friday. I finally get a break from school. It seems as though everyone has been acting different. The town has been getting worse. Everyday after school almost everyone in the town cleans up as much as they can. The school is awful, I knew it was bad but just didn’t relize how bad until today when I was entering the school and part of the roof caved in. Everyone’s houses have been falling apart too. How come someone is doing this to us? Have we ever done anything to them? Do they even know we are down here? I guess these questions will have to stay unanswered for now. Oh no! Got to go. My dad is calling.

Alec Princeton

(Dirty Town)



Friday April 5, 2026

         Wow! This week has gone by so fast. I never thought I would say this but I am happy we get a small break from school. I have been thinking about this helping the community project forever. I have no idea what I want to do. Every one else is going to help pick up trash around town, but we barely have any trash. I think I am going to help Aiden figure out where all of the garbage goes. I mean maybe there are people down there. Ha. I cant believe I just wrote that. There is no way people ccould live down there… Is there? I am going to find out exactly where it goes, and I am going to find people from a different town. If there are any. There must be some somewhere. Right?

Natasha Fay, Tasha

(Clean Town)

Friday July 4, 2026

         I am so tired, and I know it is just going to get worse because it is the fourth of July weekend. That is usually one of the worst weekends of the year. Ugh. Why would someone do this? Who would do this? Things have just gotten worse and worse. We cant go to school anymore because the building has collapsed? One day we were all just hanging around and BAM. There was a big bang sound and then dead scilence. Everyone was scared, but they all tried to hide it. I heard the adults talking about trying to find a new place to live. Just thinking about it makes me shake. Moving to a new town? I don’t know if we actually will, but our town can not take much more. We have gone from having four to a house to at least eight. I wish I could do something to help but what? I’m stumped. I’ll just think about it today.

Devon Edyn,

(Dirty Town)



Friday July 4, 2026

         I never could have imagined that the Fourth of July came so quickly. This is my favorite time of year! I love all of the food. My mom says they used to use these things called fireworks. From what she old me they sound like the most beautiful things in the world. Oh, what I would give to see these tings my mom calls fireworks. Maybe I will one day. Well got to go dinners calling!

Lydia Abney,

(Clean Town)







Saturday November 26, 2026

         You won’t believe what has happened! The town that was throwing all of their garbage on us didn’t know we were down there and we found each other. This one girl named Natasha and her friend Aiden did a project about where all of their town’s garbage went and they found a way to our town and now we all know each other. Our towns conjoined and now we don’t need to live in garbage! Sorry if this doesn’t make any sense. I am just so excited! Im going to go explore this new town.

Peter Blain,

(Once dirty now Clean Town)



Saturday November 26, 2026

         I never would have guessed that Natasha and Aiden would have been right about there being people in our trash. Wow. That was so different when They came back to our town from somewhere with two kids named Peter and Addyson. They told us they lived in the town beneath ours. At first no one believed them, but then some of the adults from our town went down to check it out and sure enough there was a town. I could not believe that we could have done that. Think about if they wouldn’t have cleaned most of the trash we threw on them. They taught us about this thing they call recycling. Im happy we met them and get to know that we are more careful about what we do with our garbage.

Liam Lenardo

(Even Cleaner Town than before)

© Copyright 2010 Lillianna (lillidawson at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696258-Environment-Project