*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696422-The-Blindfold
by StaceM
Rated: E · Novel · Fantasy · #1696422
This is an excerpt from the story I am writing, as yet untitled. I hope you enjoy it.
The blindfold was then taken off and when I looked down I was in some sort of blood red dress. I had no other choice than to follow the 'party' deeper into the woods where more and more voices were sounding louder and more rowdy. The atmosphere became quite jolly within the 'party', members joking around with one another and laughing.
I kept looking at Nate but he kept his eyes straight ahead, moving swiftly through the trees. I then heard his dad and uncle talking about what I think was me, I was in the lead you see, the only one not bewitched and the only one alert enough to feel some fear about what was going to happen.
Rough hands went around me and put the blindfold back on, I almost cried out loud when this happened, but a thought from Nathan made me stay quiet. I hated this and I wanted out of here. I could hear excerpts of their conversations, which scared me more than anything else that had happened that night. The people nearest me, the ones whose conversations were clear, were Lewis and his brother, Brian. They were saying to each other
‘have you seen her soul, it’s so bright?’
Then Lewis answered, “yet there is some force protecting it.”
His brother then asked, with an odd tone, “but you will be able to break that down brother?”
Nate’s dad answered 'oh yes of course we shall but we need to wait another year or so as she will not be ours until after she is eighteen, the laws of mortals, ridiculous huh.' They then laughed and walked farther ahead, my head was swimming with this information and I saw Nate look uncomfortable and a little upset not that he said anything to me.
I felt completely alone and wondered how long it would take for them to break me, I wondered what this meant. All Nate said at that point was, “ you'll see” and he urged me to walk on even after I tripped over the root of a tree and hit my head on the ground. I was roughly picked up and pushed forwards and all the while, I wanted to ask him more questions, where were we going, what was going on, why I was blindfolded but something made me keep my mouth shut.
My head was bleeding a little and Lewis walked over to me, I could tell from the sound of his walk,  and muttered something over my head. Then he took of the blindfold again and I was able to look around me, but I heard a warning in my head from Nate and had to stop looking around as I was not responding to the incantation Lewis had placed on me, properly.
I was worried, tired and more than a little hungry. Lewis walked away to join the party and I was left standing with the other humans none of whom looked scared or bothered by the creepy lanterns and old trees. I was looking around again when we started walking, my foot caught again because I couldn’t look down at my feet.
The night around me seemed filled with malice that I couldn’t quite place and one that I had never felt before and I was too busy thinking about that. Nate caught me before I could fall and spoke out loud, in a voice filled with disgust. He said,
“Watch where you’re walking, you stupid girl!”
© Copyright 2010 StaceM (stacem at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696422-The-Blindfold