*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696478-Something-to-Eat-4
Rated: E · Fiction · Writing · #1696478
Sophia grows in her relationship with Todd and it's going straight to her waistline
Something to Eat 4 (Rates and/or reviews would be greatly appreciated! Thanks so much!)

    “Sophia,” Sophia’s mother breathed.
    “Yeah,” Sophia managed to croak.
    Her mind went blank. She didn’t know how to explain her blatant bulge, the weight she gained over the past couple of days. Perhaps she could explain how delicious Todd’s food was, how he fed her and she wouldn’t let him stop, how each meal she packed in, packed onto her frame. She could begin with a confession of the hunger pains at night, those incessant hunger pains that she had to placate and how she continued to obey the calling until she not longer needed a prompt, she just needed to feel full. Sophia waited for her mom to respond, but her mom just pushed her out of the way.
  “Move. You’re between me and relief.”
  She nudged Sophia’s side, oblivious to her softened center. Sophia remained silent, leaving the bathroom and hurrying to her bedroom. She slowed down because her midnight snack was making her queasy and her fat was making too much kinetic motion. She settled into bed and began rubbing her stomach again. She couldn’t get enough of the squishy feeling, the supple tenderness that had collected onto her body. It made her squirm with delight. So soft.

                                                        ^^^^

    Sophia lay in bed observing the manifesting mound that was her belly rise and fall from her breathing. It was morning and her stomach was empty, but evident underneath her covers. Her stomach remained round, resembling a pot belly, even after the food had digested. Sophia thought about how long before her belly would swell out enough touch her thighs and how long before her ample indulgences would make an extended appearance on her sweatshirt. Sooner rather that later if Sophia continued to crave more and more food.
    Sophia stroked her belly. She realized that she had to make a wider circular motion to massage her entire midsection. She struggled to a seated position. It took her a moment to situate herself from the additional bulk. If she didn’t know better she would assume she was expecting, past the initial discovery and adjustment stages and past early appearances of a bump.
    Sophia’s tummy grumbled, protesting breakfast. She checked her clock. It was twenty minutes before she was supposed to be awake and her stomach was already making its complaints. Sophia pulled her covers off and got out of bed. She glanced at her bare stomach and its fleshy glory. Her camisole that had receded during her midnight feasting had remained between her breasts and her fatty bulk. Sophia pulled her camisole down only to have the cotton piece of clothing ride back up. She headed to her drawer and pulled out a tee shirt. She took off her ice cream covered camisole and slipped on the gray shirt. She was moving on up to more spacious clothing to hide her mass.
    Sophia crept past her mother’s room and down the stairs and went straight for the freezer for the rest of the Rocky Road ice cream. On reflex, she opened the refrigerator instead. Sophia’s mouth dropped open. Inside was a sheet cake decorated with blue and white frosting that said “Happy Birthday Todd” in fancy script in a plastic container.
    Sophia’s mouth began to water so she closed it. Sophia’s mom did say something about hiding Todd’s cake at their house, but Sophia wasn’t paying attention as usual. She continued to gaze at that sugary, buttery, two-inch thick rectangle of deliciousness. Sophia licked her lips, and then bit her bottom lip. She desired to poke her finger in its navy blue side and have a taste of the frosting. A simple scrape off the corner. No one would notice a minuscule amount of icing gone from the cake.
    Sophia reached inside, grabbed the cake, and set it on the counter. She gingerly popped open the container and dug her finger into the icing and stuck her finger in her mouth. Sophia staggered from the pure sugar that overwhelmed her body. Her stomach then snarled for more food. Sophia glanced around. No one would notice another infinitesimal amount of icing gone. She scraped some more off then some more until her finger scraped the actual cake. Sophia licked off the crumbs and sent two fingers back into the small cavity she had created and dug out a morsel of the yellow cake. The cake was rich, buttery, and fluffy, balancing the frosting out flawlessly. Her two fingers became three, then four, carving out a sizeable wedge and cramming it into her greedy, yet ravenous orifice. Her other hand joined in, attacking the other corner with as much gusto as the other.
    Sophia lowered her face and began devouring it. Her stomach gurgled with extreme delight, encouraging her to continue, persuading her to satiate her hunger until she had reached fullness as if becoming the deceitful devil on her shoulder. Her pot belly had frequent encounters with the counter as it brushed against the drawer knobs and the granite. As her midsection filled up, her midsection filled out, becoming swollen and pushing her away from the cake. But her stumbling bulk didn’t affect Sophia. She pulled the cake closer to her as she passed the halfway mark.
    Sophia then came up for air. Icing was smeared over her face and even hair, her hands and elbows. She licked her fingers and opened the fridge. She pulled out her gallon of whole milk and drank straight from the carton. The liquid caused her pot belly to spread out more. After drinking a third, Sophia set the milk down and went back to work.
    Seven minutes later, she was finished. Her stomach pleased and satisfied, but Sophia felt miserable. She had consumed Todd’s birthday cake. She was a horrible girlfriend, but she couldn’t help it. That baked good was in her fridge, unguarded, sitting there looking so alluring and scrumptious, begging to be in her belly. And she regretfully obeyed its pleas. She would have to go to the store after school and purchase another one, but it wouldn’t be the same. Todd would never get to taste the cake she tasted. Sophia shrugged. She couldn’t do anything now, except buy another cake. Sophia began licking her hand and fingers, thinking about where to hide the evidence. She decided that in her room under her bed would be the best place until trash day.
    Sophia looked at her stomach. It had enlarged from a small pot belly to a much bigger one. It spread into the majority of the room in her tee shirt. Sophia washed her hands, face, and elbows, and wiped the kitchen clean of any iced fingerprints and headed upstairs. Her stomach sloshed from side to side with each step and her legs shook too. Sophia yawned. She felt sleepy even though it was time to get up. Her enormous appetite was taking a toll on her sleep.
    Sophia shoved the plastic container under her bed and crawled back underneath the covers. She could tell there was a definite change in her stomach size before the cake and after the cake. Even though she went through and entire cake, Sophia still had room left for more. She stroked her belly even though it wasn’t sore. Her core had lost all its definition and a substantial layer of squishy, soft fat was left in its place, folding into two rolls.
    With the stroking, Sophia’s eyes began to droop. She began to slip off to sleep again when her alarm went off. Morning. Sophia brought her fist down on the snooze button and turned over. Five more minutes was what she needed. Five. The clock granted her five minutes then went off blaring again. Sophia turned off the alarm and rolled out of bed, the only motion she could do with her exhausted body. Sophia was surprised when her stomach whined about not being full. She could finish off the ice cream, but she’d have to wait until her mother left.
    Sophia got dressed with difficulty since she could no longer zip her dress. She had to sew in a makeshift band to connect the two ends. She rolled on the ground, struggling to slip on her shoes and rummaged through her wardrobe for the biggest sweatshirt she had since the smallest of them were getting snug. Sophia, afterwards, headed downstairs. Her mother was at the kitchen table reading the business section, sipping on some coffee. She heard Sophia and glanced up.
    “Good morning,” she said.
    “Good morning.”
    Sophia ambled around the kitchen, feeling the inside of her legs brush together, and waiting for her mother to leave. But her mother sat there and sipped her coffee. Sophia absentmindedly opened and closed drawers when she spotted a container of peanut butter.
    “I heard Todd leaving last night.” Her mother worked late yesterday and recognized Todd his car driving away while when she turned onto their street.
    Sophia closed the cabinet before her mother could see. “He cooked dinner for me.”
    “Uh-huh,” Her mother folded her newspaper. “Looking mighty portly since he has been cooking dinner.” Sophia looked in disbelief, unable to respond.
    “I haven’t gained that much. Couple of pounds.”
    “A bit more than a ‘couple’.” Her mother left out that she noticed that her daughter had bloomed in into a roly-poly: her neck had molded into a double chin, her cheeks and arms were thicker with flaps of flab dangling from them, and her sweatshirt bulged out in the middle to accommodate her heft. Her daughter couldn’t resist Todd’s food and it showed. Sophia tried to conceal her insatiable indiscretions, though her mother could tell.
    She rubbed her paunch. “I’ll exercise.”
    “Uh-huh,” Her mother said, in skepticism. Sophia glared at her. She could run those pounds off on the treadmill. She needed self-control. That was the crucial ingredient. The thought of ingredients made her stomach growl.
    Her mom raised her eyebrow. “Perhaps you and Todd should have some space for awhile before you lose the last of the space in your clothes.”
    “I told you I’ll exercise. Let it go.”
    “Okay.” Her mother turned her back to Sophia. She turned on the television and flipped to the travel section. “Remember that the birthday cake is in the refrigerator.”
    “O-okay,” Sophia said. Her sphere-shaped belly gurgled, reminding here that the cake was no longer in the fridge.
    “Sandra tolerates us enough to leave Todd’s birthday cake here. Suppose that progress.”
    “Yeah.”
    Sophia grabbed the peanut butter and a spoon and left the kitchen. Sophia headed upstairs, closed her door, and grinned. She was alone with her second course of breakfast. She unscrewed the lid and dug the spoon in. She lifted a big glob of peanut butter and shoved it into her mouth. It was hard to swallow, but Sophia managed. She continued to scoop out dollops of the thick substance as the meal settled in her stomach. Her belly was pleased, sending a euphoric feeling through her bones and flab. She devoured another spoonful and the wave of exhilaration struck her again. Then there was no more peanut butter.
    Sophia scraped what was left and finished it off as her body slowly came down from her high. The entire jar was gone and she still wasn’t full. That realization scared her, but excited her too. She set the empty jar on her desk and lay back on her bed. Her middle had expanded a little bit, but the peanut butter wouldn’t take a visible toll until later since peanuts were nothing but fat and protein and peanut butter was nothing but fat, protein, and oil. She closed her eyes and was about to drift off to sleep when the bell rang. The sound made a shiver run down Sophia’s spine. She jolted up, and flew out of her room.
    “Who that could be,” her mother muttered, but Sophia was already rushing for the door. She wasn’t sure, though, if her stomach or her love propelled her more. Sophia opened the door to see Todd standing there with two grocery bags. Todd smiled.
    “Good morning,” he whispered.   
    “Good morning,” she whispered back.
    Todd put the bags down and hugged Sophia. Sophia’s stomach and breasts reached him before the rest of her did. She was so squishy now. He kissed her cheek and her double chin, unable to ease himself off her irresistible softness. He reached under sweatshirt to pinch some of her fat and Sophia jabbed him in the side. Todd grinned.
    “Hand slipped.”
    “Sure.” Sophia cradled his chin and kissed him on the lips.
    “Brought you breakfast.”
    Sophia tried to smile. “Great.” She’d already scoff down his sheet cake and a container of peanut butter. Sophia didn’t think she had room for more. “I’m not that hungry, but I’ll eat a little something.” She wanted him to feel as though he didn’t cook the food for nothing. She’d eat a little bit, a pancake (or two, or four), and some bacon (no more than five strips) and sausages and some eggs. 
    “Breakfast.” Sophia’s mother appeared by the threshold, folding her arms.
    “Yes, ma’am. I brought breakfast.”
    “You seem to be coming around more often with food. And it seems like those meals have impacted her in a big way.” Sophia glared at her mother in disagreement.
    “That was never my intention,” Todd lied.
    “Of course. I have to go to work.” Sophia’s mother grabbed her book bag and coat. Todd and Sophia watched Sophia’s mother leave the house. When she locked the door, Todd grabbed Sophia around her waist and pulled her close to him. He pressed his lips to hers. Sophia wriggled free from him.
    “You seem animated this morning.” She grabbed a bag and went into the kitchen. Todd followed after her.
    “Because you’re so beautiful,” he said. “And plump.” Sophia didn’t hear the last part because she was busy digging through the bag.
    “I didn’t make much,” Todd lied again. He leaned on the inside of the kitchen entrance, watching Sophia lift a forkful of eggs to her mouth. Todd smirked. “Dig in.”

                                                          ^^^^

    Sophia was past full. She was stuffed and ecstatic, but her belly ached more that ever from the growing pains. She breathed in and out as if enduring a lengthy Lamaze class. She shouldn’t have eaten that last pancake. That and those additional two strips of bacon and those three sausage links past what she had already eaten of the breakfast sent her over the edge. She yanked off her sweatshirt because she had been burning up, working up a sweat eating.
    Without the cotton shroud, Todd could see her advancement. Sophia’s midsection had grown substantially, filling into the space around her uniform dress, the dress that had to be taken out for her current food intake. A small roll of her fat squeezed out the top of her skirt as if searching for an outlet. Soon, the rest of her body would fill out as if matching her center. Todd reached out and ran his palm down her stomach, kneading out the soreness from her doughy center. Sophia closed her eyes and slid down in her chair so she could rest her head on the back.
    “My eyes were bigger than my stomach,” she said, but Todd disagreed. Seeing how her stomach practically tripled in size in four days from flat to a pot belly made him side with her stomach. It was an ever increasing force to be reckoned with. “I shouldn’t have eaten so much.”
    Todd remained silent and continued rubbing and concentrated on that until he saw Sophia’s head wilt. She had fallen asleep. Todd shook his head. He thought about letting her sleep so she wouldn’t sleep in history class. But his sinister side urged him to wake her up and keep her awake so she’d be groggy.
    While he decided, Todd cupped her stomach, taking a gander at his handiwork. He squeezed the thick love handles poking out and jumped back when she changed her position. With caution, Todd tugged her shirt out, revealing to him her naked paunch. He placed his hand on her skin. It was tight from her feasting, but still well-padded with the collecting fat. Sophia sighed, smiling. Her body slid further in her chair as if taking pleasure in the bare rubbings.
    “Sophie-a,” he said. “Wake up.”
    “Five more minutes,” she said, and then realized that Todd’s hand was on her stomach. Sophia gave him a look and Todd’s hand came out. She tucked her shirt in and grabbed her sweatshirt. “You can’t seem to keep your hands off me.”
    Todd smirked. “So it seems.” Sophia stared at the floor, embarrassed with her girth.
    “You probably noticed that I’ve been getting a little bit soft around the edges.” Her voice seemed wary as if she was unsure whether she wanted to hear his response.
    Todd shrugged. “I don’t mind that your edges are soft.” Sophia blushed and smiled. Todd leaned in, pulled out her shirt, and buried his face in her stomach. He then kissed on her cheek and her lips. He tossed her sweatshirt on the table, then pulled off his sweater vest and shirt.
    “We’re going to be late for school.”
    Todd grinned. “Shame.”

                                                      ^^^^

    Sophia thought about food to remain awake in History class. She envisioned lasagna pushing pass her lips and inside her mouth. The taste of cheese, pasta, and sauce bewitched her taste buds in a trance of ecstasy. She would swallow and the lasagna would move into her belly, warming her insides.
    Sophia then envisioned a succulent burger, medium rare, topped with double cheese and condiments and her teeth sinking into the side and taking out a sizeable chunk. The various flavors erupting on her tongue in such deliciousness. She reminisced on the delightful fullness, gorging on food as her belly gurgled with glee. Sophia continued to concentrate on food when her stomach rumbled. The students around her turned to stare. Some snickered. Heather leaned forward so she was close to Sophia’s ear.
    “Make sure you leave some food for us when you rush to lunch,” she whispered. She poked Sophia’s side and her finger sank into her plump middle even though her sweatshirt concealed the distended evidence. “Tubby, seems to me that you’re losing the battle of the bulge.” Heather nudged her stomach again, but slower and longer as if relishing the seconds. “You’re getting more and more massive by the day. Hope your added weight doesn’t slow you down on Friday. Who knows how fat you’ll be then.”
    The bell rang and class ended. Heather stood up and left. Sophia sat in her chair, fuming. She could beat Heather on the field despite the pounds. And she could lose the weight. She needed self-control. Restraint on her intensifying hunger. Discipline. Sophia’s stomach growled again. Sophia patted her rumbling tummy and stood up with a grin beaming on her face. Lunchtime.

                                                        ^^^^

    Todd stared at Sophia, daydreaming about a bigger her. Her cheeks were puffy and her double chin had thickened to exceed her normal one. Her fingers were chubby too as if rings of fat were fitted to them. Her thighs rubbed together, sealed into one from her hips to her knees. Her belly was enormous and round and complete fat. It jutted out so much that it rested on her lap. Her skirt dug into her love handles, which became uncomfortable, but she was used to it. The dimple in the middle of the massive mound where her belly button had sunk was visible on her sweatshirt. Since she had widened substantially, her body filled out her sweatshirt until it was snug. One more meal and the sweatshirt would be too small. Sophia smiled, pushing out her cheeks.
    “You brought pasta,” she said, shattering the vision Todd had. Todd blinked back to reality.
    “Yeah. I made a lot because I wasn’t sure how much would be enough.”
    “We’ll be okay.” Todd smiled. He opened the container with the spaghetti and handed it to her, musing about how much he loved Sophia and her enthusiastic eating habits. He opened his own container with no intention of eating much. Sophia grabbed a fork and began devouring the strands of spaghetti and meat sauce. As he looked at her, Todd could sense her growing with each bite. Sophia lowered her head, leaning close to the container for less exertion. Todd, then, noticed something in her hair, in a clump of strands. He reached over the table.
    “Sophia, there’s something in your hair.” He seized the strands before Sophia could react. He smeared in onto his fingers. “It’s blue.” He smelled it. Sophia hesitated in horror. Her fork went limp in her hands while she witnessed Todd licked his fingers. He smirked. “Blue frosting.” Sophia tried responding, but her voice left her.
    “How’d you manage to have blue frosting in your hair?”
    “I dunno,” Sophia mumbled. She crammed a heap of spaghetti in her mouth.
    “Remember last year I had a birthday cake with blue frosting and a football on it like my mom forgot that I already turned six,” Todd said. “Oh, wait.” He glared toward Sophia. Sophia glared back.
    “Todd,” Sophia muttered.
    “Forget it. Finish eating.” Todd folded his arms.
    Sophia bit her tongue, holding back from blurting out that birthdays were nothing special and that she despised taking the flak for missing his birthday. Sophia crammed the spaghetti in her mouth, too preoccupied with anger to savor the Italian flavors that met her taste buds, though her belly felt pleased. The imbalance of anger and elation stifled the fullness level of Sophia, causing her to consume more spaghetti. She finished hers and, while swallowing the last mouthful of hers, motioned for his container. Todd nudged it to the middle of the table. Sophia pulled it closer to her, her belly smushing against the table. Todd looked at the floor.
    “Sorry,” he said. He figured that arguing would get him nowhere, though fattening her into immobility would. Sophia didn’t seem as convicted as Todd expected her to be and that bothered him. Sophia wiped her mouth and swallowed her spaghetti.
    “Sorry too.” The couple smiled. Sophia leaned in and kissed Todd, and then continued gorging herself on pasta and sauce.
    “I should come over tonight to review for that English test.” Todd said. “Bring dinner for you-us.” Sophia’s ears perked. She lifted her head, cheeks covered in spaghetti sauce, and licked her lips. She remembered the birthday cake. 
    “No, your house.”
    “Parents,” Todd reminded her. He looked at her, perplexed that she would suggest that.
    “Okay,” Sophia said to avoid suspicion. She had to carve out some time to purchase a cake this afternoon or tomorrow. Todd being around her and in her house, loading her on food until exhaustion and fullness, didn’t help. 
    “I’ll pick you up after soccer practice.” Todd rested his arms on the table, returning to his daydream.     

To be continued...
© Copyright 2010 jeaninetb (jeaninetb at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696478-Something-to-Eat-4