*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696735-My-Demon
by Alaska
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Emotional · #1696735
An attempt at recording a brief bout with inspiration.
My Demon
Writing and writing. This thought, this idea consumes and takes over me. All of my energy is focused on conveying an idea. What started as a small and simple idea has quickly turned into an inferno that demands to be shared with others. A small noise in the back of my mind screams at me to stop.

Do not write this beast into being. Do not allow it to rampage through others as it does you.

But I cannot listen. And I care for nothing else than to set this storm free of my mind so that I may find relief. Still my conscience wails at me, begging for me to stop.

You would afflict others with this torment? You will lose yourself to your own thoughts?!

Morality and sanity are not matters with which I can concern myself. The thought demands all. And acting out it's wishes are all-important. The edges of my vision begin to lose focus and I begin to see nothing but my work. I feel as though I am falling. Falling slowly into my mind and into my writing. And that small part of me keens in despair.

Will you allow it to consume you so? This demon that pervades your thoughts drains you. And now you share it with the world?

The thought blocks this small part of me that is strongest. Still my hands fly and my mind whirls. I must finish the work. It is all that I can see and all that I can think upon. Slowly the demon loses it's grip on my mind and the over powering thought seeps away as it drains into the story. My mind slowly becomes my own once again and I set this demon I have created loose upon the world.
© Copyright 2010 Alaska (nasook09 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696735-My-Demon