*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696880-Bridges-of-Tears
Rated: E · Short Story · Philosophy · #1696880
''Each drop of the salty liquid holds a word, every sob, a sentence,..."
 
Tears. They are a weapon of mass destruction, yet a force of nature that mends the brokenness of pain inside the bottomless soul of all creatures. Each drop of the salty liquid holds a word, and with every sob, a sentence, that mesh together to tell a story of pain, restoration, love, loss, and happiness. The tears, despite the situation, hold many emotions at one time; while we are mourning one’s death, we are rejoicing them being sent to a greater, more magical place; while crying near the end of a frightening situation, we are relieved that it’s all over soon, and that there are always more unsuspected twists that fate could bring us to.

  Tears mark the beginning of a happy era, and the end of one that brought pain, or the end of something beautiful, that can only lead to something even more remarkable. With every life lost, a new one is created, and with every hard blow our hearts receive, a new force is brought in, one that will ultimately make us happier if we choose to embrace it, or push us over the edge if we choose to hide and cower. Tears are the bridges our hearts and souls make to help us get over a loss and walk straight into the highlight of our existence; they rid us of the blindness we all contain, even for a few short moments, and let us see the true form of everything that surrounds us. Instead of tall, still trees, we see immobile angels looking and reaching towards God; instead of fireflies, we see frolicing lights, moving together in a choreographed dance that seems to be so intricately designed, that no matter how hard we try, it is something that is a beauty that belongs to them and them only.

  Tears clear our souls, and clean our conscious’s platter, making it easier to deal with every curve ball that life thrusts towards us. Tears are the only way to save ourselves from the darkness that looms within us.


© Copyright 2010 BROOKEworm (brookeworm at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1696880-Bridges-of-Tears