*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698117-A-letter-from-my-past-to-my-future
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Experience · #1698117
Just a letter I wrote to myself that helped me out a lot!!!
Dear Future,


So how’s life treating you? Better I hope I know that things have been pretty rough lately for you. Don’t worry about your family things will get better for you and them just talk to God and pray about it. I know that your dad died and you really didn’t think it would affect you like it did but hey it’s okay. We all have to go some day even though you guys didn’t have a relationship he was still your dad. I’m really happy that you were strong enough to handle it and it was okay for you to cry. Don’t worry about love it will happen for you in due time don’t rush the plans God have for you. I know work has been real stressful because they cut your hours but at least you have a job. I know if you can do seven years at that fast food place and not make any money you can handle this one. I’m glad your mom is doing okay especially since it was hard on you when she had the stroke. I think it was around the time your grandma died and I know that the family took it real hard. As long as she takes her medicine and eats right she’s going to be okay as well. I see that you’ve been doing a lot of writing lately and that you’re waiting for a book publisher. Well writing is not easy but never give up on something that you love to do so much. Don’t be afraid of rejection just always remember that when you fall down just pick yourself back up again. You will never get anywhere if you’re afraid and just know that all it takes is one yes. I also know that you want to build your mom a house don’t worry it will happen. She is proud of you no matter what you do in life and she knows that someday you will get that house.

I also notice that you don’t have a lot of friends as well and that you spend most of your time in the house. As long as you’re happy with your life who cares what other people think of you. Yeah school was fun for you but just remember true friends are hard to come by so enjoy the ones you do have. Don’t worry about your weight gain or anything else on your body because that’s a part of life. We all have body issues but it’s who we are and we should just love ourselves. I know you wish you can go back to that little girl but you grew up to be a beautiful young lady. So I see you finally got a black president I bet you thought that would never happen. You got to see what most people only dreamed about and what a lot of people fought for. The world is changing but you know that you were born into this world and you didn’t make it. I notice that your heart has changed as well and it’s stronger and has a lot of love to give. People will take advantage of it but just treat them with kindness and you will get your blessing. Try not to mistreat the ones who mistreat you just know that some people can’t handle this thing called life. Just remember that it’s always somebody out there who has it worst then you do. Yeah you had a good life growing up and you had people that loved and cared for you and they still do. Just because you turned twenty six doesn’t mean that life won’t get harder because it will. Life is what you make it and you were put here for a reason you just have to figure that one out on your own.


I see that your little sister has grown up to be a beautiful person and that your brother is doing well. I bet you can’t believe that you’re an Auntie but she’s here and I know that you love her. The family has gotten bigger since the last time and those little ones are a lot of fun to play with. I like the tattoos just don’t get too crazy with them because your body is a temple. So you want to travel around the world? You know that it’s expensive but since you’ve never really been anywhere take a trip. A vacation never hurt anybody in fact it’s probably what you need to clear your head. I also like your car it’s an upgrade from what you started out with but you worked hard for it. As long as you keep working hard you know that anything is possible out here. Don’t worry if you never get to meet Oprah or any other celebrities Alabama is not a place where they hang out. I’m glad you still have that sense of humor it really fits you and you cheer a lot of people up with it. I know you hate living paycheck to paycheck but just try to save money and spend it wisely. Well I can’t tell you everything that will happen in the future because I’m just your past but I like you for some reason. I just hope you remember the things I said and just live your life and love it.

Sincerely, Your Past
© Copyright 2010 A star is born (bamachic at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698117-A-letter-from-my-past-to-my-future