*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698340-A-meeting
Rated: E · Other · Contest · #1698340
A brief encounter
Daily Flash Fiction entry

278 words

She entered the club and our eyes connected; an arrow peirced my heart. She made her way easily through the crowds to the bar. I made my way off the dance floor and up the other wall heading towards the same bar before resting on a table a few metres away and looking at and sipping reservedly on my drink. She was confident, captivating. She looked at everything and nothing as she casually surveyed the room. Our eyes met again and locked. She manouvered through drunken masses delicately never losing eye contact. I did the same until we met in front of the floor and with a sideways nod she invited me to dance.

The beat slowed, or maybe it was time itself that slowed. We moved as one, fluid and beautiful on the dance floor our eyes unlocked only to close them and lean our heads back as we let the music run through us. It could have been a moment or an age; we couldn't tell shut off in our own moment of writhing unity. Our lips met and small slivers of tongue were flickered back and forth between us.

We found a table to lean on and as our friends became acquainted we just stood at peace in each others arms still moving to the music. Suddenly my friends were pulling on my arm and hers did the same. We shared another look of longing, another small piece of each others souls before we kissed. She produced a silver pen, scribbled onto a small piece of tissue paper, slipped it into my hand, and left. I stood in awe for a moment taking a deep breath. My friend was pulling me towards the exit as I un-crumpled the tissue and read, “Thankyou”.
© Copyright 2010 oneofmany (oneofmany at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698340-A-meeting