*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698515-Prologue-Untitled-Story
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
by wimora
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Fantasy · #1698515
The story of Liseli, a guardian angel, and her mission to avenge the death of her ward.
         The wind whipped her hair about her face, creating a dark halo around her head. Her shadowy wings unfurled and blocked the light coming through the small stained glass window.
         "You’re lying!"
         Her voice carried throughout the room, so full of conviction that he flinched. He stood up straighter, trying his best to feign confidence. His silver wings unfolded as well, letting them spread so that their wing tips brushed. Her wings recoiled at his touch and her face-hardened.
         "Don’t touch me. Don’t ever talk or find me ever again. You hear me?"
         He tried not to show his surprise and fear but it was clear that she saw it. Her wings folded behind her back once more and she walked past him to the door. He turned and rushed towards her, the impact brought both of them to the ground. He saw her neck snap up and her eyes rolled to the back of her head as she lost consciousness.
         "Liseli. Liseli wake up. Liseli!"
         He began shaking her, trying to revive her. No response.
         "Liseli!"
         He ran out the door, leaving behind a Marker for another Guardian so they would find her. He flew into the sky, trying to fly away from the look on her face as she hit the ground. The look on her face when he killed her.
© Copyright 2010 wimora (wimora at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698515-Prologue-Untitled-Story