*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698890-Wars-A-Bitch-Wear-A-HelmetChapter-6
Rated: GC · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1698890
Chapter 6. Please review!
I dreamt, bizarrely, of a land of Desserts, filled with Ice Cream, and cookies with white chocolate chewy centers...Mmm...Suddenly, I heard a distant rumble, getting closer and louder. I turned around, with a huge chunk of brownie in my mouth. It promptly fell out when I saw what was coming towards me.'Omigod...' A huge tsunami was sloshing, churning, destroying, mountains of desserts (still bizarre) toppled over by the gigantic monstrosity of water... And then it hit. Knocking the breath out of me. Unable to breath, I flailed around in the wave, trying to break the surface, my lung were screaming out for air. I was battling the urge to breath, but I lost. I could feel the water filling my lungs, crushing them. My last thought was, Janet, I love you...

I came to, spluttering and coughing. I realized that the entire top half of my body was soaked in water, and I realized that a juddering, shaking motion shook wherever I was. I opened my eyes, with another jarring headache. I looked around, and realized that I was looking a HMMWV, or as it's more commonly known, a Humvee. I realized that i was sitting in the passenger seat, and that Charlie and Carlos were giggling behind me, and when I turned around, they were holding an empty bucket, that had water dripping down the lip. I guess we're all really just kids inside. 'Sorry boss, we knew you'd come round sooner or later, we just thought we would have a bit of fun eh?' Charlie said.
A voice came round from the driver's seat 'I told them not to do it amigo!' said Carlos, our Hispanic medic.
'Yeah, it's alright. Where we going anyways?' I asked. 'And where's Janet?'
A golden head popped down from the gunner's hatch. 'Up here! And to answer your first question, we've got a briefing to level an Insurgent training camp, but it's about a day's drive up to the Pakistan border from here.' Janet replied.
'Ah. Alright.'

We drove through the desert, encountering no real dangers, except when Carlos almost rolled us over after falling asleep at the wheel. So we started driving shifts. It was my turn currently, and everyone else was asleep. I didn't feel tired, on account of me having 12 hours of sleep, knocked out. I glanced at my watch. It was 2am. We had another 8 hours to go, and I was driving the whole way. It kinda gave me a moment to think about things, how they were going. Bah, screw it. I searched around in the door panel pocket, and...wait...where was it...damn it! Sonofabi...Oh, there it is. time for some awesome tunes. I got out my Iphone, and slowly pulled over to the side of the road. I knew someone who had crashed his Humvee while trying to sort out some music to listen to. He got off wot ith a broken knee, but was severely reprimanded. Got demoted back to private. Damn near ruined his life. Aaaaanyways, I picked the song, and put on my earphones full blast, and started driving. AC/DC-Back in Black, Highway to Hell, and Thunderstruck. Best songs ever! Pretty soon I was rocking out with my air drumsticks and Air guitar. Rock on...
© Copyright 2010 JustAGrunt (irishshamrock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698890-Wars-A-Bitch-Wear-A-HelmetChapter-6