*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698939-Scumbag
Printer Friendly Page Tell A Friend
No ratings.
Rated: E · Other · Other · #1698939
Based on some true events how life can be messed up. Pls give feedback. should i carry on?
CHAPTER ONE

There was a time that on this very earth ours was an existence of filth, a whole mass of junk, there was never one name to relate to this appalling, contemptible, loathsome and utterly despicable heap of shit, but the closest we could come to in naming it would be Scumbag, nothing special just a bag full of scum. Initially it was a small bag but with the passage of time and due to his huge screw ups and his mind the scum in it increased. In fact if I remember correctly the bag was getting bigger with every second that passed by. The powers to be as well as mankind could not manage to eradicate its existence.

The year 2030 was a great one, this was the year when Italy won the World Cup on their home ground by beating the English in Extra-time. The winning goal was scored by the son of Paolo Maldini, Daniel Maldini. This was a remarkable time in history as it reflected how Italy was the greatest Football Nation ever and that racism is now a forgotten issue as the leader and captain of the side is Pacino Baggio (Grandson of Roberto Baggio) who is the first black captain for Italy. Arsenal had just finished the treble and while doing so had become the first team to have ever done the treble for the fourth time and was now the club to have won the English League for the most number of times. The Gunners were at the top of the world under leadership of their captain and midfield maestro Mitchel Bergkamp (son of Dennis Bergkamp) along with the lethal goal scoring abilities of their center forward Shakeel van Persie and not to forget the shrewd tactics of their Coach Leah Wenger (Daughter of the great Late Legend Sir Arsene Wenger.) Yes it was a brilliant time, a time when the whole universe was rejoicing.

It was the 10th of November, 2030 nothing special about that day as such. A policeman was doing his usual round in the streets of Via Veneto in Rome. As he walked past a dark alley he stopped due to the strange stench in the air. He went inside the alley to have a closer look. It was a dead end back alley, not longer then fifteen feet and five feet wide, with nothing but a dumpster in it. As he neared the dumpster the stench grew stronger and the he stepped in to a puddle of gooey stuff that was seeping through the dumpster. He was really pissed as these were his new shoes that he had just bought last thanksgiving. The stench was coming from the dumpster. The policeman decided it was probably the smell of a dead cat or something mixed with garbage and decided to move along.

As he took the corner of the alley he encountered a fellow cop. They exchanged greetings and moved on. The policeman decided to clean his shoes. He sat on the footpath and took out a handkerchief and started to wipe the goo off. To his utter shock at that moment he realized it was not goo but blood. He ran back to the dumpster and flashed his light all over it. And then he spotted it, on the side of the dumpster in a corner, lying face down was a body in a pool of blood; the body of Scumbag.

Moments later the medical and investigative teams were on the spot and the body was taken away to the morgue. It was strange as other than one bullet to the center of the head there were no other signs that would signify any kind of resistance. Nor was any there any sign of mugging. It was clear that this act was committed not on the spur of a moment rather it was a targeted hit. On the following inquest the death was declared as murder for unknown reasons and the time of death was quoted at round about 6 am on the 6th of November. Even for an asshole and low life like Scumbag its heart breaking to know that his body lay there dead for four whole days without anyone noticing.
The authorities tried to track down anyone who would recognize the body and also did there background check but they were unable to find any friends or family. It was a clean slate. The authorities scheduled the memorial for the following Wednesday and gave out notification throughout the country if in case anyone knew the Scumbag. They even tried to reach out through the media. Sadly no relatives or associates were found. The only thing they had found on the body was a chain around his neck, a pack of cigarettes n lighter, a wallet with a couple of bucks along with his identification card and a small piece of folded paper with only one word on it “INDIFERENCE.” Therefore with no one coming to claim they went on with the service on Wednesday the 13th of November, 2030. Scumbag was buried in an unattended memorial. The authorities were kind enough to mark the gravestone. It read as follows:

Mr. SCUMBAG
Scum of the Earth

To this very day those who were at some point in stage part of Scumbag’s life are unaware of his death. Even his family and friends do not know of his sad demise, in fact they have not been part of his life and have not been in contact with him for the several years. Scumbag had over the past few years gone totally underground and had cut himself off from all relationships. He had been trotting around the globe so as to be as far away from anyone that would know him as remotely as possible. He never stayed in a place long enough so as not to build any bonds or affiliations with the place or any human being.

It’s actually not strange that his end came in Italy, as ever since childhood he had this strange connection with this country and its strong culture as well as the deep heritage. He had grown up to become a man based on the Mafioso idealistic of an Italian or more evidently a Sicilian. He was always fascinated by their life styles as well as vision of how the saw this world, but even he himself could never have imagined to meet his death in the streets of Rome in such circumstances.

Scumbag had wanted to pass away in such a manner, in fact he was once noted as saying “ I do not wish to die like a normal person, I would rather just at a single moment evaporate and seize to exist, and that moment will be the only thing I will own and no one will know.” Sadly this was never meant to be as fate would have it that I would come to know about his passing away. In the words of Mr. Scumbag “the fates had it in them to fail him even in the afterlife.”

I had gone to Rome only a month after his passing away to pay my homage to my late godfather, who laid in rest at the Cimitero Monumentale Del Verano. My Godfather was the person who happened to be Scumbag’s Guru. After paying my respects at Godfathers grave I stood up and started for the exit. Just at the moment when I was about to step out of the iron gates of the cemetery something strange happened inside of me, my body froze and I was unable to take another step. Some energy inside of me made me turn and rush back to where my Godfather’s grave. There I stood shocked and appalled with my sight firmly frozen on the tombstone right next to Godfather’s grave. How eccentric it was that the prodigy lay right to next to his mentor’s grave. At first I could not connect this to Mr. Scumbag; I brushed it aside as there are millions of others with the name of Scumbag but on closer inspection I noticed it had a small inscription underneath:

Mr. SCUMBAG
Scum of the Earth

Born 6th Nov, 1988
Died 6th Nov, 2030



Ranjish hee sahi Dil hee Dukhanay ke Liye Aa
Aa Phir se Mujhe Chor Jane ke Liye Aa
Yeh Akhri Shama Bhujane ke Liye Aa
Ranjish hee sahi Dil hee Dukhanay ke Liye Aa


CHAPTER TWO

Now I have personally known Mr. Scumbag all his life. Believe me he was not born a scumbag. In fact he was born as just another ordinary boy and had a relatively carefree childhood but it did not last that long as he had to face some harsh circumstances at a very young age, but that’s a part of almost every person’s life. Yeah there were the usual ups and downs but that’s part of life. He was loved by all, his family and friends used to adore him. His father was not the greatest and did not show any affection towards the boy but it was more than compensated by all the others around him.

To actually know about how Mr. Scumbag came to be found dead in such a manner we would have to go back to his past to fully comprehend his end.

The year was 2003, and Scumbag was aged 15. He had just started to work secretly due to the financial difficulties that his family was facing. Scumbag was blessed to have found the guidance of Guru. Guru was actually the father of Scumbag’s friend Da’alam. Guru straight away acknowledged the glimmer in young Scumbag’s eye; he could easily see that this boy was something special.  Guru had taken Scumbag under his wing, probably because in a strange manner he saw his own youth in Scumbag.

To track back a bit further; Scumbag had started smoking at the age of 13 and by this time all that mattered in Scumbag’s life was drinking, drugs and girls. And he had absolutely no money to support his lavish life style. So he had decided to take a gamble on the market to make a few bucks. To initiate in the market Scumbag had raised a bit of capital through various little scams and frauds. Once he started off in the market he was rolling in dough in practically no time, as the mechanism to this business was like natural for him. He had special god gifted skills of analyzing and forecasting the financial market, despite the fact that he was a novice he went about as if he had been doing this since birth. Well it was no surprise to Scumbag, as he probably had inherited this from his father who back in the good old days was known as the Kingpin of the market. Over the next five years Scumbag himself got his nickname in the market and was known as the Magic Man of the market, which he saw as a fitting tribute to the legacy of his father. Needless to say Scumbag was on the highway of a massively flourishing professional life.

By 2004 Scumbag was already looking as if he was on the verge of becoming a big shot and had all one could ask for in life. His club and the love of his life had just become THE INVINCIBLES; Arsenal had gone the whole season unbeaten, a feat never achieved in the history of football well not until the 2023-2024 season when the Gunners repeated this unbelievable accomplishment.

He had done all sorts of drugs, even crystal meth which was not very much known at that time, even in places such as Amsterdam. He loved live classical music or poetry sessions with his Guru. His all time favorite quote that Guru had once said and was written by Omer Najab was as follows:

Emaan koh Bekaar na kardo
Yaar is jeene ko Dushwaar na Kardo
Is Khauf se har sham koh pee lo
Magar kabhi inkaar na kardo
Peene de mujhe bhar de mera paimana
Duniya toh hai aik goonja hua afsaana
Jab Tak mujhe maloom nahin
Main ayaa kahan se, hoon kahan, Hai janah kahan
Mujh se mera kia rishta hai
Har aik rishta bhool gya
Kitne aine dekhin hain
Apna chera bhool gya
Mujh se mera kia rishta hai


He drank the most exclusive scotch, brandy, whiskey and wine. His favorite brands being Fat Bastard, Barolo, Mascarello, Ellipse, Black Label, and L’Espirit. He had already become a heavy drinker and drug addict at such a tender age and was very skeptic about what he drank, which was surprising as not more than a year ago he did not even have the money to buy decent clothes and now he was drinking the rare and one of the most luxurious options available. For this the acknowledgment would go to Guru as he was not only tutoring scumbag in business but how to live large. Guru and Scumbag had what they called “bethaks” and these would usually start with Scumbag quoting:

Yeh intezaar galat hai
Keh sham ho jaye
Yeh intezaar galat hai
Keh sham ho jaye
Agar ho sakay toh abhi
Daur-e-jaam ho jaye
Mujh jaise rindh ko bhi toune hasher mein bula liya ya guru
Toh kiya khayal hai intezaam ho jaye


To which Guru had always the same response:

Lehra ke jhoom jhoom ke la
Muskura ke phooloun ke russ main la
Behka ke chand ki kirnay mila ke la
Tu la bas jaum la jaum la
Or
La pila de sakia
La pila de sakia
Paymaana paymaane keh badh
Hosh ki batein karoon ga
Hosh main anay keh badh


It was always these same quotes that the 2 would utter before starting off. Now don’t get me wrong this was probably now an addiction to Scumbag but nonetheless the time he spent with Guru and these little sessions made him learn a lot about life. It taught Scumbag all the trick n trades of the business world. It was probably due to these sittings that making money was never an issue for Scumbag, and deep down inside I feel as if had scumbag kept his senses awake during these sessions he would have also learned how to manage money, which was the only downside in his professional life for a long time.

Meanwhile Scumbag had become a womanizer as well which was a bit strange as he never had the good looks as such but had the talent of words. By this time he had already slept with 8 different nationalities and during these escapades he never once used protective measures. His sex life consisted of girls he would bamboozle and swindle to get into the sack with, as well as one night stands which were in all probability too intoxicated to know what’s good for them while the rest were prostitutes.

Later on in life Scumbag regretted all the times he had sex with girls who were not prostitutes as he felt that it was right with the whores as they were aware of what he required and he got it in exchange for money, the basic idea was he did not had to trick or defraud with them. Scumbag was a heavy drinker and this was attributed to his belief system which stated that you’re not high or drunk until you forget who or where you are and lose all of your senses. This led to some really low points in his life.

I will tell you how low he got and perhaps his journey towards becoming an actual Scumbag started from this hideous repulsive act. It was the New Years Eve and Scumbag was at his friend’s place that was rocking with celebrations, it had only been 45 minutes past midnight and Scumbag was high on coke and was so god damn drunk that as many others at the event recalled, Scumbag was making out with a flower vase for fifteen minutes or so before his friend Jranial stopped him from further ridiculing himself.

After that another hour or so of excessive coke Scumbag was a bit horny, he had his eyes fixed on this girl that just stood out from the rest. She had a certain glow to her at that point and Scumbag defined her looks as one of a pure angel with calmness radiating all around her or it could be that he was hallucinating. Anyways acting like a chauvinistic ass Scumbag went over to talk to her but she refused to give him any consideration as she was smart enough to distinguish the scum in him. Scumbag was really pissed and had this irrepressible urge for her, he tried to keep himself cool but something deep within him was exploding and he just had to be with her. So with the help of some friends he managed to get the girl up stairs at which point the friends left her there and Scumbag popped up. He started off by narrating some bizarre verse but the girl was having none of it. She tried to leave but Scumbag grabbed her by the arm and dragged her into the bedroom to the left and locked the door. The girl threatened him not to come near but she was vulnerable and defenseless. Scumbag knew that the loud music downstairs would drown out any of her screams. I shall not go in to details of the episode that perspired but all I know is that the unfortunate innocent girl screamed and yelled as loud as she could but to no avail. Many did not hear her cries for help whereas the few others who did, as they knew what was going on, were to spineless to stop Scumbag as by then he was untouchable in their eyes and they dared not to incur his wrath.

Scumbag woke up the next morning in that same bed alone and went downstairs to make himself a cup of tea. He sat there drinking his tea and reading the paper looking guiltless as if nothing had happened. It was at that point in time when Scumbag’s heart had turned to rock. He had no emotions or feelings. He could no longer discriminate between right and wrong, and all that mattered to him were his own pleasures and well being. He truly had become SCUMBAG.

© Copyright 2010 mainstream (mainstreamz at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1698939-Scumbag