*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699444-Chapter-1
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Emotional · #1699444
A story of a young teenage girl who's life ends up in the hands of the wrong person...
I don’t understand why Jay is acting like this, he is so upset, his big brown eyes are all screwed up full of tears that he is trying to hold back.

‘’Olivia, are you listening to me?
’’

‘’Err, sorry yeah, but I don’t understand why you are so upset I was only talking to Chris about a homework project?’’

‘’You know that Chris fancies you he is always talking about you, and telling everyone that he is much better for you than I am’’

‘’Oh he does not...’’

‘’YES HE DOES! AND YOUR ENCOURAGING HIM, I AM SICK OF HIM AND I AM SICK OF YOU!’
’, Shouts Jay, shoving his red puffy face into mine.

’Sick of me? , I am sick of you trying to control everything I do and who I speak to, I can’t deal with this any longer!’’ I can feel my blood start to boil, I have truly had enough of this crap.

‘’what do you mean you can’t deal with this any longer?’’ he demands through clenched teeth,

‘’Let me spell it out for you, WE...ARE...OVER!’’

At that moment I think Jay is literally going to burst, just when I thought this face could not get even redder.

‘’YOU STUPID STUCK UP COW!...I DON’T NEED YOU’’

With that Jay pushes me hard on my shoulder making me stumble backwards before he turns on his heel and storms off. I stand there stunned for a moment rooted to the spot, Did he just push me! what an idiot, It is definitely over now, I raged to myself, tears start to well up in my eyes, I turn around and as I do I catch my heel in the pavement and trip ‘’OUCH!’’ For goodness sake.
I look around to check no one is laughing at me and then I start heading towards the direction of the train station, as I do I take a good long look at the expansive greenery of Brockwell Park surrounding me, the place where me and Jay usually come to have some time to ourselves because my mum does not allow boys in the house unless they were coming round for tea, which is just a excuse for her to give them a thorough interrogation to see if they pass her obscenely high standards or not.

As I arrive at the gates to the park I take one last look around and then make my way across the road to the train station, my mind is still whirling about what just happened.

I have been going out with Jay for about 8 months and we both go to the same school but he is not in my classes, so at least it will not be to hard when we go to back to school on Monday, I am sure he will avoid me as much as I will be avoiding him.
Lately he has not been the same person, for about the past month he has been very snappy and moody, I know there is something going on that he has not been telling me about, and I can only guess it has something to do with his parents.
Jay is not from the same type of back ground as me, he lives with his mum during the week and goes and stays at his dads at the weekends, hi s dad drinks and is always turning up drunk at his mums house, and his mum has no interest in Jay and just leaves him to get on with things, I have always felt bad for him and wished there was something I could do to help but his family issues are way beyond my 14 years of life.

My background is the complete opposite, my parents have been together since they were teenagers and have worked hard to build up their Accountancy firm which is now very successful, and we have a nice house in West Dulwich where we moved to when the business started doing well.
I am an only child and my parents are very over protective of me they want to know exactly what I am doing and when I am doing it, they want me to train as an accountant to join the business so they are very hard on me about my schooling, but at the same time I never want for anything I have everything that any teenager could ever wish for, a bedroom fit for a princess, the latest mobile phone, Laptop, iPod. Enough clothes for 3 teenagers and let’s not get started on all the shoes I have.

So when you compare the two backgrounds they are completely different, but this has never been an issue as far as I was concerned and it really hurt me that Jay called me ‘stuck up’ am I really stuck up is that what people really think of me?
Jay always said that I had a beautiful heart and a smile that lights up his world, was all that fake?

I feel so upset, in a way I could see this coming we have been arguing a lot lately and spending time with Jay was getting to be a strain, I was not allowed to bring him home for him to just hang out, and he did not want me to go to his house because of his mum, although I have been there a few times, there was always an atmosphere between Jay and his mum and I just felt awkward. So finding places to hang out was challenging and because we leave school in a matter of months with exams looming, I have only been allowed out a few days in the week as my parents have been clamping down on me getting on with my studies.
Where as Jay has all the time in the world his mum does not care about his studies, so when we have not been able to spend time together recently it has been causing arguments.

So maybe this is for the best for both of us, I can feel it deep down inside I just know this is it, there is no going back now we have to go our separate ways, but I just feel so attached to him I just know it will be so hard.
© Copyright 2010 Naomi Rainford (naomi_r at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699444-Chapter-1