*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699494-Unseen
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Thriller/Suspense · #1699494
Kim Caretto's life is about to change as she enters the home of an alien abductee.
Chapter One
Missing


A plane speeds up down as it gets further down the runway. Joanna Newport is one of the passengers, She sits near the back with her child of 4 sat next to her. She wipes away some of her long black hair that hangs in front her eye's while reading a book. She's heading to Morocco for a holiday, She has not had one 6 years. Kyle, her child suddenly starts to cry and scream, It makes Joanna jump and she drops her book. He's pointing out the window, But when she turns to look for herself. There's nothing there, nothing but the warm blue sea.

"What's wrong Kyle?" she asks while trying to calm him down.

He suddenly stops crying, "They're here again" he whispers in fear.

The entire plan shakes violently. She hears a very loud bang on top the roof of the plane, Like two heavy piece's of metal hitting. All the lights explode, glass shattering everywhere, All the passengers screaming as the plane is lifted up into the clouds, and out of sight...

Two months later


Kim Caretto crosses the road, She is about to start her first day at work. She's a district nurse and is traveling to the home of one of her patients. She feels slightly nervous, she had heard what the rest of the district nurses had said. How they spoke of her disappearing for two weeks then just turning up in a street near her home. She never told anyone what had happened, Except her previous nurse, Who shortly left caring for her in less than 3 and a half weeks and suffered a breakdown. As Kim turned the corner and walks up the pathway she could feel her stomach turning. The house was quite big and had a scary and dark feeling to it. Kim slots the key into the door and opens it, quietly shuts it once she stands inside the entrance hall. Its roughly small and cramped, She manages to see the light switch through the dark and the room is lit up.

"Hello, it's your new carer" she calls out, but she got no answer.

Kim climb's up the stairs and walk's along the hall on the top floor. A Door at the end of the hall is slightly open, light shining with the gap.

"Joanna?" she calls again, more nervous than before.

She reached out and slowly opened the creaking door and peered into the bedroom. Joanna was sat up in her bed, hair messy and still in her sleeping clothes. Her face looks older than what she is, and such sadness to it.

"Joanna, I'm Your New Carer" she says quietly.

Joanna doesn't answer, Kim pulls a chair from the side of the room and places it next to her bed, Kim sits by her.

"Why ain't you talking to me?" she asks.

Joanna turns her head and looks at Kim, She gives her a look like she had just appeared beside her.

"Do you know where i went?" she whispers to Kim.

"Where?" She asks, scared at what she was going to tell her.

There was a moment of silence, both of them looking at each other.

"I was taken" Joanna says in a whisper.

Kim feels shivers up her back, Staring directly into Joanna's eyes. They look scared and angry at the same time, then that fades away.

"Could you tidy up a bit now?" she asks Kim. " It's been almost 2 days since anyone has properly came and cleaned up since Katie left" she continued.

Kim couldn't believe how she changed the subject like that. But she stands up and walks over to the door.

"I'll start downstairs first" she tells Joanna before shutting the door behind her.



Chapter Two
The Scratched Floor


Kim didn't feel at all happy in Joanna's home, She felt like something was watching her all the time. The sooner i finish the better she thought to herself as started to fill up the sink. The kitchen was very small and dark just like the rest of the rooms, Even with the light on it was very gloomy. While the sink was filling up, Kim knelt on the floor and started to scrub the floor with a wet cloth. But she stops no longer after she started, She hand noticed something on the wooden floor. She looked closer at what seemed to be scratches going all the way to the door leading into the hall. She gently put her finger nails of her right hand on the scratch's. Somebody was dragged out of the kitchen she thought in horror as she quickly got up and stood back from the scratched floor. What has happened in here? she thought, The sound of the water over flowing from the bowl in the sink took her attention. She turned the tap off and picked up one of the many dirty plates on the table.

After she had finished downstairs, she headed straight up the stairs. But on her way down the dark corridor she passes a door with posters of kids TVs' shows pinned on. She stops and looks at them. There isn't any kids living here? She put her hand on the handle and pushed open the door. It's a kid's bedroom, powerangers wallpaper. Toy trucks and cars over the floor and a small single bed in the corner. There are kids drawings stuck on the wall, She walks over to the drawings, kneels down and looks at them. Various pictures of Owls and flying discs are pinned everywhere. A photo of a young boy and Joanna in a frame sits on the window sill.

"What are you doing in here?!" shouts a voice.

Kim jumps up and quickly turns to see Joanna stood in the door way.

"I don't want you in this room" she tells Kim, She has got very angry.

Kim's mind starts to wonder, She gets the courage to ask.
"Who's room was this?" she asks nervously.

For a minute Joanna just glared at Kim, But that look turned into sadness into a blink of an eye. "My son, Kyle's" she sadly tells her.

"Where is he?"

"He's gone, They took him" she replies, Just managing to say it. "Now, please leave this room alone".

Kim walks out the room, Passing Joanna before she shuts the door behind them. The corridor was quite closed in and Kim back away from Joanna as far as she could without it seeming rude.

"Is there anything else you would like me to do?" Kim asked, hoping she'd say no.

"No, That will be fine for today, thank you" she said before walking off towards her room again.

"Okay, well I'll be back again tomorrow then" Kim called after Joanna just before she shut the door.

Kim started to walk fast towards the stairs and almost ran to the front door. Once outside she took a big sigh of relief, locking the front door before walking away from the house as fast as she could. Joanna was watching from a window on the top floor as a cold tear ran down her face. She knew she was going to be alone again tonight.

© Copyright 2010 Radocto Pradicto (radocto at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699494-Unseen