*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699933-Going-The-Distance-Nicks-Pride
Rated: 13+ · Essay · Other · #1699933
lol it's just a blog
Okay, so somebody is leaving, it's not that big of a deal is it??? We weren't the very best friends, we didn't spend every waking moment together. Yet it's eating away at me. The thought that it should be me leaving, it should be me leaving this place behind. I can't stay here anymore, it's hell and it's been taking up too much of my time. I have to leave, i have to go somewhere far away, somewhere nobody knows who I am, nobody has the notion that I'm a failure. I have to leave, and find some place new, somewhere I can feel safe, and somewhere far away from my family. If I'm alone all of the time, if my personal sense of alienation is so strong, then at least I can control the settings.
If I go far enough away it might make all of this life so far nothing more than a tragic memory. I'm tired of living like a fish that has greatly outgrown it's tank, and here there is only one thing that waits for me. I refuse to die here, my last stand may very well come from my fleeing, but it will be out in the world where I belong.Too long I've been haunted by the dreams I've unwittingly shattered, and the expectations I've succumbed to.
© Copyright 2010 NikkiBoy (chiefgamache at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1699933-Going-The-Distance-Nicks-Pride