*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700124-Teen-Life-Troubles-Part-2
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Teen · #1700124
This is a story of a 17 year old kid and his struggles through his teen life, Part 2
Part 2

I finish work that night and get into my car, a Ford Five-Hundred, that was my dads. I put Annie in the back and turn the ignition. The car's engine started partially, but died off just as quickly as it started. "God damnit" I say under my breath. I get out of the car and look around at the empty parking lot, hoping for the sight of just one car. I get back into my car and look back at Annie, who's fast asleep in her car seat. I sit in my car seat trying to figure out what to do. I pick up my phone and call my mom, no answer. I reach into my pocket and take out the card Kelly gave me. Should I call her, I thought to myself. I give in and call her.
"Hello, who is this" She says

"It's Michael, can you come back to the mall, my car won't start, nobody else is here, Annie is starving and I need to get home to feed her. I say

"Holy..., Yea I'll be right there" She says
I sit in the car next to Annie trying to find something for her to eat, gather up some quarters, and walk over to the vending machine. I put the quarters in and push the water button, then I grab it from the bottom and walk back to the car. I open the bottle and pour it into a bottle for Annie. She grabs it with her little hands and I hold the end for her. She drinks it all and falls asleep. I try to stay awake, but can't and doze off. I awake to the tapping on the window and see Kelly standing outside. I sit up and step out of the car.

"Thank you so much for coming, you have no idea how much this means to me." I say to her.

"Michael, no need to thank me. I'm happy to help. Did you look under the hood?" She asks.

"Uhhh, No I didn't." I say. I walk over to the hood and open it. I look and see that the batteries missing from the car.

"The battery is gone, it is gone." I take my keys and chuck them at the ground.

"Michael, please relax, I'll give you a ride home, and in the morning you can get a new battery and get your car in the morning." She says to me.

"Okay,"I say calmed down. I get into her car and put Annie in the back seat. I sit in the passenger seat and Kelly asks "How do I get to your house?"

"Take 91 to exit 12, then at the second light take a left and its on your left." I respond. She nods her head and pulls out of the parking lot. When we reached the highway, she says "So what's your story, we all have one, what's yours?"

"Okay look it's a long story, my dad left us, my moms addicted to pain killers and had cheated on my dad. So hence Annie isn't my dads. That ford, was my dads. I spend my free time working and being with Annie. I leave at lunch and study hall to check on her, and I watch her so my mom won't." I say. She sits quietly, shocked. Finally she says,"I feel horrible for you, I mean your dad leaves, your moms an addict, and you devote your life to make sure Annie is safe." I nod my head. We arrive near my house and I say "Just drop me off here, I'll call you later, maybe?"

She says "Sure give me a call anytime!" I walk down my street and a fire truck rushes by me. I think nothing of it till I walk down my street and see a fire, a large fire, right where my house was. I break down in tears and run away from the flame engulfed house...


TO BE CONTINUED...
© Copyright 2010 Andrew Heisler (ac213gh at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700124-Teen-Life-Troubles-Part-2