*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700528-Just-Good-Friends
Rated: 13+ · Chapter · Action/Adventure · #1700528
Chapter 2. Matt and the gang arrive in china for a sightseeing trip.
The plane juddered as it braked to stop. Several moments of waiting followed until the Captain turned off the seat belt signs. Matt reached up to grab his siblings' luggage, just several small bags which wouldn't fit under the seats. After everyone was sorted, Matt lead the way to the exit. He was weary from the 19 hour flight, and didn't notice the young woman crouched in the aisle, talking to her small child, inevitably, Matt knocked into her and fell flat on his face. The woman was unhurt, but stood up over Matt and shouted 'What the hell were you thinking?!?' Matt was unfazed, and replied softly 'Sorry, I'm just really tired.' Matt was thinking 'Who is this bitch? It's her fault!' The woman just gave Matt a fierce look and turned back to her child. After they had stepped onto the gangway and entered the terminal. Max caught up with Matt. 'Jeez, what was that woman's problem eh?'
'Maybe she was on her period' Matt smirked
Max punched Matt on the arm 'Don't joke about that' she exclaimed, but with a hint of a smile on her face.
'Ow. Jeez, I didn't know you could throw a punch like that!' Matt said, rubbing his arm.
She chuckled. 'There's still a lot of things you don't know about me' she said with a knowing smile. Matt wondered what she meant by...A wave of realization dawned upon him. He quickly turned away, his cheeks growing red. The youngsters saw Matt's embarrassed face and giggled together.
Matt faced the direction he was walking and noticed they had reached immigration. He swung round his backpack to get his passport, while the others soon followed suit. He was nervous when he reached the front of the line, even though he had been in this situation many times before. He got called up to the counter. The official studied his passport, and after a few seconds of tense waiting, he was given back his passport and waved through. He saw that his brothers and sisters were also being waved through. They waited for each other, then proceeded to walk out to the taxi stand, where they would take a taxi to their hotel. As they passed through the sliding doors, a cool breeze wafted over them. But Matt noticed a man standing in the crowd of waiting people and limousine drivers, whom he seemed to recognize. he couldn't quite place the man but was sure he had seen him before. But just as soon as he saw the man, he had disappeared into the crowd. Matt pushed the thought away and ushered everyone to the taxi stand. They got their luggage in, and settled into the cab for the hour long journey to their hotel. Matt slowly closed his eyes and drifted off to sleep...
© Copyright 2010 JustAGrunt (irishshamrock at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700528-Just-Good-Friends