*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700815-Eyes-Like-the-Sea
Rated: E · Poetry · Romance/Love · #1700815
This is this sweet poem to the girl of his dreams, the girl by the shore of the blue sea.
Do you believe in love at first sight? I didn't...until I saw you on that cool October afternoon, your beautiful blue eyes sparkling in the sunlight.



I saw you standing along the shore of the sea, its color matching your eyes perfectly. It was then, at a quarter past four, I first marveled at your beatuty that I've come to adore.



Standing there, the gentle breeze flowed ever so subtly through your fine golden hair. With a soft smile that put me in a daze, you brushed your hair off of your face.



The leaves on the trees were changing to shades of yellow and red. Some had fallen on the ground, others still hanging by a thread. Yet with all of nature's beauty, thoughts of you were all that filled my head. No words were said, none were needed. Right then, to you, my tender heart conceded.



Just thinking about you brings a smile to my lips; you are all that crosses my mind during the day and even as I lie in bed. I remember what my father once said:



"Few times in your life someone comes your way

and you can't help but think of them night and day.

So this of you, I do implore,

when this opportunity knocks,

go and answer the door."



With this in mind, I know in my heart someone as amazing as you is impossible to find. My heart tells me this is right; that you're the one I need. I will take the chance, and follow its lead.



Oh, girl with locks of gold, if I may be so bold? I do not know if you saw me standing along that same shore at a quarter past four, but I do know that I've never felt this way before.



Oh, girl with eyes like the blue sea, something special between us I know there could be. Please give this a chance, and I know you will see that you belong with me.



Maybe this is crazy, maybe I'm out of line. But I know I can't hold back my feelings for you, this is what I need to do. Girl with beauty divine, I know not your name, nor you mine.



But what's in a name? That which we call a rose by any other name would smell as sweet. What I am sure of is this: everything about you is amazing and beautiful, you've swept me off of my feet.



I see you again: we've both come back to the blue sea tonight, and you look even more dazzling under the moonlight. My heart begins to pound with all its might, for I know tonight is the night. I'll take this leap of faith as I know I must do, and I pray to God that you will too.



When you join me in this jump, I will catch you and hold you tight. For I know that together, a beautiful love story we will write.
© Copyright 2010 Trevor Hogg (thogg11 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700815-Eyes-Like-the-Sea