*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700845-Zombies-in-Burlington
Rated: 13+ · Short Story · Sci-fi · #1700845
A zombie invasion in the town of "Burlington" alarms millions.
         In the year 2011, in Burlington, a recent discovery of a mutated version of the "Swine Flu" virus alarmed millions. This virus killed nearly a seventh of the entire population of Burlington and nearby townships. This new, powerful virus was called the "Omega Flu".

         The "Omega Flu" virus would first spread to the brain. It would cause the host to be disoriented. Then, it would travel to the liver in order to make it to the blood stream. And finally, it would spread to the heart and kill the host. The entire process would take only minutes. Fortunately, it would die only seconds after the host died. So, after a week passed, this virus killed itself off, or so they population hoped.

         They were wrong! The "Omega Flu" virus mutated and became the impossible: the "Alpha Omega Flu", or the beginning of the end. This virus would do what its predecessor would accomplish, except that it didn't kill the host, physically. Instead, it would rob the host of memory, virtue, and conscience. The host would go on a bloodlust rampage and EAT others. If the host were to come into contact with another host by breaking the skin, it would cause the virus to spread to that body.

         Unfortunately, it was too late. The President of the United States sent the military. This was futile, as the military were overwhelmed by the zombie horde. The President didn't want to take any chances. He sent a nuclear air strike and bombed down the city of Burlington. The only survivors were two living individuals who escaped to Chicago.

         The city of Burlington, that was once a successful, wealthy city, is now destroyed.
© Copyright 2010 Findumonde (findumonde at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Log in to Leave Feedback
Username:
Password: <Show>
Not a Member?
Signup right now, for free!
All accounts include:
*Bullet* FREE Email @Writing.Com!
*Bullet* FREE Portfolio Services!
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1700845-Zombies-in-Burlington