*Magnify*
SPONSORED LINKS
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701735-SAVANNA-THE-EXPLORER---A-Savanna-Short
Rated: E · Script/Play · Children's · #1701735
Savanna is inspired by a travel program.
FADE IN

INT. THE CITY OF WINDY HILL - USA – SAVANNA’S HOUSE – LIVING ROOM – MORNING

SAVANNA (8) sits on her couch. She’s a cute kid. She has long brown hair and brown doe-like eyes. She watches a television PROGRAM.

PROGRAM
China is a country rich
in history and culture.

The program shows the Great Wall of China. Another scene shows a painting of an ancient Chinese ruler.

The program cuts to a scene depicting some mouth watering Chinese dishes. Savanna’s eyes light up.

PROGRAM
Visit China and try some
spicy Sichaun cuisine!

Savanna turns the TV off. She gets up and rushes out of the room.

INT. KITCHEN

Savanna packs her Circus Time backpack with food. She packs a loaf of bread, peanut butter, Circus Time potato chips and Circus Time chocolate cupcakes.

INT. BATHROOM

Savanna takes her Periwinkle the Clown toothbrush and shoves it into her backpack.

SAVANNA
Better not forget this.

INT. BEDROOM

Savanna is dressed in khaki shorts and a white T shirt. She places a Circus Time baseball cap on her head. She looks in the mirror and gives herself the thumbs up.

EXT. BACKYARD – SHED

Savanna looks through her father’s cluttered tool shed. She finds a shovel. She GRUNTS as she drags it out of the shed.

EXT. BACKYARD - AFTERNOON

Savanna gets to work. She starts to dig a hole. It’s not an easy job for her. She wipes her brow after a few shovel loads and continues to dig.

EXT. BACKYARD – TWENTY MINUTES LATER

Savanna has managed to dig herself a nice little hole. Her NEIGHBOR works in the yard next to hers. He watches her with curiosity and interest.

Savanna GRUNTS as she digs deeper and deeper. Her neighbor finally stops his work. He walks over to the fence.

NEIGHBOR
What are you up to
Savanna?

Savanna stops. She wipes some of the dirt off of her face and smiles.

SAVANNA
I’m digging a hole to
China!

Savanna gets back to work.

FADE OUT
© Copyright 2010 Jamie317 (jamie317 at Writing.Com). All rights reserved.
Writing.Com, its affiliates and syndicates have been granted non-exclusive rights to display this work.
Printed from https://www.writing.com/main/view_item/item_id/1701735-SAVANNA-THE-EXPLORER---A-Savanna-Short